GameKult: Hayashi Elaborates More on Stage Effects

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Don't chew me out for this, but I thought I'd share this new article at a French gaming website called GameKult. Translation is a bit off, but it should be readable for the most part. It elaborates a bit more on attacks having different effects on the stage depending on how you position the opponent:

http://www.gamekult.0000096492.html

With the announcement this evening, we understand that Dead or Alive 5 up more than ever on the interaction with the surroundings. How does intervene in the game? Is it just scripts?

There will be two types of events. Some will be more scripted, for example, when you attack, there will be parts of the scenery that will explode. Conversely, it will be possible to use other decorative elements to ensure various advantages during combat. Both types of interaction are part of the game completely

Does this mean that these events will be located? If I go out a sequence specific to a certain location of the arena, does it necessarily trigger an interaction with the scene at the end of the combo?

In the demo that you were shown, there was some kind of message we want you to enjoy. When you hit an enemy and it will go into the background, there will be some places where you have to use your knowledge of the game to know exactly where to send it. These locations vary depending on the level, so the management of distance is important, but other parameters will also come in. The game system will therefore allow different types of attacks that will not always have the same effect, which leads to a renewal in the strategy.

Is this a way for you to incorporate twists, like a Street Fighter or Soul Calibur V?

It's not really in the same vein as other fighting games, since the series has always relied on interactions with the environment. Rather, reinvigorate the fight, not just to offer a destructive attack with manipulation or that sort of thing. Eventually you will understand the message we're trying to get across.

Last question, is what the character of the illustration is Kasumi, and a new character?

For fans of Dead or Alive , I think it makes sense, but I still leaves the choice to guess for yourself.

What I get from that is that based on where you hit your opponent into the scenery different changes happen to the background. I guess something along the lines of depending on which side they cause an explosion on first the column falls different ways.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, I was going to post this yesterday but decided to hold off until I got an official translation from KoF06.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm guessing "twists" was a poor translation for "comeback mechanic?"

If so, it sounds like he isn't putting one in, which would be good. . . but yea.

Really sketchy translation job here.

Zero254

So apparantly they added auto combos and cliffhangers?

I guess that's "INNOVATION" It's not like this has never happened before ( Fighter's Destiny doesn't exist. )

I could see it being ok though. I wonder if they will change the tag system for this.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I don't think there is anything to suggest autocombos exist.

Power Blows currently require a chargeup , which is something that rarely lands in a legit DOA match to begin with. In addition to that, whos to say it won't require input afterwards similiar to multi-part throws?

Zero254

I don't think there is anything to suggest autocombos exist.

Power Blows currently require a chargeup , which is something that rarely lands in a legit DOA match to begin with. In addition to that, whos to say it won't require input afterwards similiar to multi-part throws?
Yeah you could be right.

I can see them requiring you do what you had to do in dimensions for tag throw. I went a bit too far with that I know.

Raansu

You also need to remember Zero, that a lot of that trailer was cinematic and not representative of an actual match.

OSTCarmine

It was? coulda fooled me. Im cool with this as long as the "Cinematic Experience" does not get repetitive. Has anybody seen that new DBZ game Ultimate Tenkaichi? When the fight between Ryu and Hayate started and the camera started moving I immediately thought of DBZ. I REALLY hope they dont do anything like that, I can already tell that DBZ is gonna blow hard. I hope they put up a new vid for DOA5 soon... im still not sure about this "message we want you to enjoy"

Raansu

The camera was like that in DoAD as well. Drove me insane how the camera would go into that behind the character perspective when juggling.

OSTCarmine

The camera was like that in DoAD as well. Drove me insane how the camera would go into that behind the character perspective when juggling.
lol IKNOWRYT? its going to be hard to see whats going on if the do that. They could still get away with funny cam angles during extended scenes like grabs or stage transitions. But when the fight is raging on, drop the art school shaky cam crap. I cant see!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD