Getting started with DOA5U Fang

ninjaguy446

Personally, I'm a big fan of just timing a raw 214T after a parry. Most people will attend to block or or do nothing. And when they finally do start attempting to beat the throw, just put out a casual mid instead. The active frames for the throw and the mid are pretty much identical so a fuzzy is fairly difficult. Or just go for the guaranteed 9KK launch.

As for aggressive Leifang stuff, she's not really that good at attacking. Most of her stuff is really negative so you have to be careful. Mixups are pretty tame too. The good thing is that her stuns are fairly deep so you can more or less use whatever you want play around with stun. I'd say it's best to play her more defensively and reactively than trying to rush them down like a Sarah would. She gets a lot of bang for her buck if you can get the other guy to play impatient and start pressing buttons. Do a 2H+K string variant and see what they do. If they don't do anything, throw them until they do~

EDIT: By the way, I know her 2P is super slow, but it's a low that's neutral on NH (I'm pretty sure) which means it's still useful.
Alright, I understand. I'll try to be more defensive with her. Thank you for the advice. I'll keep looking at her breakdown and EMPEROR_COW's tutorial for reference.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Hm. I'm starting to like the 3PPK2K ender over 3PP6PP in some situations.

What would those situations be? I've been using her 3PPKH+K ender because I thought that did the most damage. Should I be using 3PP6PP or 3PPK2K instead?

Also, I am having difficulty connecting her OH after Unshu when I successfully parry with the Unshu. Is there a trick to this or is it unreliable?

NightAntilli

3PPKH+K does more damage than either of the other two, but, because the last kick is slow, it tends to whiff when the K2K and 6PP enders still connect.

K2K does very slightly more damage than 6PP. And other than that, it slams the opponent more far away. So if you're fighting someone that you definitely don't want to be extremely close to you all the time and want them to close the gap, like Sarah or Helena or Pai, the K2K ender is better than 6PP since the opponent is pushed more far away.

Close to walls, 6PP is superior since the first K will slam the opponent into the wall, ruining your juggle. And don't use it against the likes of Jann Lee, who often simply like to space all day.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Should probably go for the mid punch or kick after you actually parry something. The OH is inconsistent 'cause it won't connect when they're reeling back from the parry. I use it more from stun as a mixup 'cause the strikes from Unshu are some of her best.

NightAntilli

Ah I forgot to reply to that part xD The OH only connects when the opponent is not in a stun. The parry puts them in a stun, so, it'll only connect after the stun is over. Usually, delaying the OH input if the attack was parried at the beginning of the Unshu animation will make the OH connect. It'll whiff otherwise. Generally, the OH follow-ups are better to use on reaction to the situation rather than trying to throw them out randomly. If you parry something, the attacks in general are always the best choice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD