Hair styles/options/colors for Helena that should be in DOA5U

What do you want her hair to be?

• Total voters

Rawbietussin

Since the only thing she had in DOA5 was a loose hair option, what other alternate hair styles/options/colors do you want to put her in?

Personally, I'd go for curly-haired Helena, it's high time she has something that's a trademark on most rich, posh, elegant girls and besides, we don't have a curly-haired girl in the roster yet but why wait for DOA6 for that to happen when it can be an option on DOA5U?

Other than that, a white lace bow variant would be enough for outfits that just doesn't match with the default black lace bow like the white version of Tina's kitty leotard or her white version of Leifang's dress.

Let me know what you think is best for the Goddess? c:

ninjaguy446

All I want is for Helena's long majestic ponytail to return. Her old bows would be a plus too. Sure, lace is nice, but classic Helena is better. It was her trademark.

CFW

I always thought her old bow was really tacky and gaudy.

I have no problem with the new hair tbh.

Rawbietussin

I always thought her old bow was really tacky and gaudy.

I have no problem with the new hair tbh.

I'll be honest, I'm not much affected by the whole sausage tail issue but it would be much appreciated if they do fix it though.

KwonJigglypuff

I just want to get rid of that sausage. The lenght isn't just her. And I don't understand why Kasumi, Sarah, Momiji and now Hitomi and Kokoro have nice flowy ponytail, but Helena can't. That's unfair and stupid.

gggbme.jpg

Rawbietussin

I just want to get rid of that sausage. The lenght isn't just her. And I don't understand why Kasumi, Sarah, Momiji and now Hitomi and Kokoro have nice flowy ponytail, but Helena can't. That's unfair and stupid.

gggbme.jpg

DOAD started to chop the length off and that manifested on DOA5. I guess TN thought she outgrew her hair it to the point of making it thick thus why there's a cluster forming like a sausage but yeah I get your point of it being unfair.

Omegan Eckhart

Scary Photo

In all fairness Helena's ponytail has to wrap around her and manipulate when she enters BKO so other characters hair is easier to programme than her's is. No reason why they can't add some fly away hairs to the end of it even if they don't make it individual strands like it was in DOA4.
DOAD started to chop the length off and that manifested on DOA5. I guess TN thought she outgrew her hair it to the point of making it thick thus why there's a cluster forming like a sausage but yeah I get your point of it being unfair.
They removed some of the length because they wanted to make the game more realistic and they felt Helena's hair looked somewhat excessive and anime-like. The only reason it is only one piece is because they didn't want to spend a lot of time on her, more strands means more animations and TN wanted to dedicate more time to Kasumi as she is DOA's poster girl/whore.

What they don't realise is realism is overrated. Realism is what made DOA5 boring.

Rawbietussin

IThey removed some of the length because they wanted to make the game more realistic and they felt Helena's hair looked somewhat excessive and anime-like. The only reason it is only one piece is because they didn't want to spend a lot of time on her, more strands means more animations and TN wanted to dedicate more time to Kasumi as she is DOA's poster girl/whore.

What they don't realise is realism is overrated. Realism is what made DOA5 boring.

With that said, do you prefer the old doll-like models over DOA5's models because the new models look more realistic?

Aesthetically, almost everyone looked equally handsome and beautiful though, even Bass and Genfu looked more youthful.

Rawbietussin

I can consider some great things from DOA4 and older installments aesthetically but not so much on the models themselves. Despite the palette-swaps trend, they were definitely most creative back then in terms of designing outfits that's for sure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD