Hayabusa ninjutsu: Untechables!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm definitely picking him back up again. He's always been my main and Ninja Gaiden is my favorite non-fighting franchise. Not liking him and being unable to find a suitable replacement actually made me stop playing lol. He's definitely coming back and I look forward to using a proper Super Ninja again. Now if only I could actually get that patch...

cip

I would never drop Hayabusa. I've been playing him for too long.
When choosing mains in fighting games or races in RTS, I only go with what I find the coolest, not the best. I find that motivates me the longest.

And I actually really think Hayabusa is so well rounded in this game. He has high damaging combos, holds and throws, he can play the offensive and defensive and when you play well, he feels unbeatable and it's really rewarding.

I feel he only lacks a dangerous low and a low parry or crush from Ninpo. If people knew that by just blocking high and jabbing low when he is in Ninpo you can pretty much stop everything, winning as Hayabusa would be a lot harder online.

Kakita

I would never drop Hayabusa. I've been playing him for too long.
When choosing mains in fighting games or races in RTS, I only go with what I find the coolest, not the best. I find that motivates me the longest.

And I actually really think Hayabusa is so well rounded in this game. He has high damaging combos, holds and throws, he can play the offensive and defensive and when you play well, he feels unbeatable and it's really rewarding.

I feel he only lacks a dangerous low and a low parry or crush from Ninpo. If people knew that by just blocking high and jabbing low when he is in Ninpo you can pretty much stop everything, winning as Hayabusa would be a lot harder online.
It is true that he lacks a proper low attack. Having a low parry I don't feel is necessary because it would just be more guessing. Lows aren't always as problematic depending on what move you use to transition into ninpo. For sure, Ninpo 6P is shit, I don't even use that move anymore. 66K however isn't too bad. I love 66K now. I know it sucks you're stuck in ninpo stance after, but even on block you have decent options. Even against lows, you can beat most lows on block with ninpo Kick. Ninpo Kick is 19f and 66K gives +5f on block. Outside certain characters (12f lows jabs) ninpo kick beats them out for a launch. Ninpo 6P+K is also a good option as it will beat out anything even 12f lows. The only problem with these two moves is that they're unsafe on block. But when the opponent blocks too much you can use ninpo P,(P) and ninpo throw. Outside 66K however, transitions into ninpo aren't that good.
On another note, I'm trying to figure out my problem with the youtube interface. It won't let me upload videos onto Youtube right now. As soon as I fix this I'll post my videos here promise! Keep you all posted and please share any extra findings.

MajesticBlue

Hahah, yeah, I never really could drop Ryu either. It was easier to drop Doa 5 then it was to drop him, so I found myself not playing very much at all. Things be lookin pretty good now though. My whole world used to be untechables so this should be fun. Looks like after the patch I gotta start working hard again to get my game up. Looking forward to that very much.

SilverForte

Yup it's looking good, really looking forward to some good video footage, and for the 360 people to get their hands on this.

Kakita

OK, so I've given up on posting the video I made, it just doesn't work.
So here is the complete list of untechables and pseudo forcetechs I've found for Hayabusa on Midweights.
Note that CH means counter hit. To test these combos, put the computer to Counter stun and then use 6P as your CH, then follow up with the combos listed. NH means Normal hit, so no stun required. When I write extra stun, it means you extend the stun treashold with another stun like 3P, 6K, PP, 3K, 6P. Unless otherwise specified, these combos are true untechables.
-236P on NH, 8P, PP4PK
-CH, 4K, PP4PK.
-CH, 33P4, K, 6KP (Pseudo force tech).
-CH, extra stun, 4K, PP4PK
-CH, extra stun, 33P4, K, 6KP (Pseudo force tech)
-CH, extra stun, extra stun, 8K, 8P, PP4PK.
-CH, extra stun, extra stun, 33P4, P, 6KP.
-CH, extra stun, extra stun, 4K, K, 8P, 6KP (Pseudo force tech).
-CH, extra stun, extra stun, P+K4, K, 8P, PP4PK.
-CH, extra stun, 214P, 33P4, K, 8P, 6KP.
-214P on CH, 33P4, P, 6KP.
-CH, full stun treashold, 4K, K, 8P, 6KP.
-CH, full stun treashold, 33P4, P, PP4PK.
-66K on NH or CH, P, 4K, PP4PK.
-66K on NH or CH, P, P, 66 (turn torwards opponent), 4K, K, 8P, 6KP.
-66K on NH or CH, P, extra stun, P+K4 (CB!), K, 8P, PP4PK.
Follow ups after PP4PK untechables are:
-Dash in slightly (33) and use WS T, his handstance OH.
-214P: This gives +2f on block, on NH or CH it gives a guaranteed untechable, 33P4, P, 6KP to reset the loop.
-66K: On block this give +5f. You can use the ongyoin throw, ongyoin K to beat out most low attacks for a launch or ongyoin P to beat out any mid or high attack. If the moves hits on NH or CH, see the above untechables from it. You can also get a very quick CB after 66K and and the following punch hits. All you need is an extra stun and boom CH or boom Hi-counter Izuna Otoshi. I love 66K since the patch.
Options after 6KP untechable:
-Same as the other untechable (214P/66K) only instead of using his handstand throw (WS T), you can also dash in slightly (33) and use his 8T OH. You can still use WS T but you have to really dash in and time it which makes it more obvious.
Options after pseudo forcetechs:
Either use 3P string, 6P, 3K string, 6KP (Don't abuse it) and mix it up with his handstance OH or use Izuna Otoshi. If you choos to use the Izuna Otoshi, be sure to buffer it well as you finish the juggle, that way it's sneakier. If they don't tech pseudo forcetech juggles, then simply follow up with your usual untechable options.
Hayabusa has a an Izuna untechable, but it's very hard to time. Instead, I use the following pseudo force tech juggle:
4126T, 236P, 4K, K, 6KP.
Please note that for most untechables, if they don't connect, you usually get a pseudo forcetech which is still very good. So the point isn't to know all these untechables by heart, but use those that you're comfortable with.
Special note on Helena:
Helena is considered a mid weight, however, all untechables after launching with 4K don't seem to work unless she's next to a wall. Other than that, untechables after 33P work fine. This isn't too bad, since all untechables after 4K now become pseudo forcetechs.
Note on Genfu:
Untechables after 4K don't work and you don't even get a pseudo off them, which sucks. That being said, untechables and pseudo forcetechs off his 33P work fine, especially after his 214P sit down stun.
If you have questions or comments feel free. I'll post lightweights and heavies some other time, still need to test.
I apologize for the format of my post, I know it's hard to read, but my work computer isn't giving me much of a choice (and yes, I'm working very hard! Don't judge me :p)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I SUPPOSE I can edit your post for you when I get home. Great work as always bro. And get back on Live. That's where we used to play, not PSN ya fuckin traitor!

Kakita

I SUPPOSE I can edit your post for you when I get home. Great work as always bro. And get back on Live. That's where we used to play, not PSN ya fuckin traitor!

Thanks for the edit :)

I'm sorry you feel betrayed but the ps3 version is all I have :(

NinjaMonkey

First off Kakita you put alot of work and time into this thread and it's really great so i decided to help alittle :)

I found a few force techs for light weights.

(CH)3P, 6P, P, P+K4, ongyoin K, 6K, 6KP (for max dmg but without FT end with WR4K, hcf+T)

(CH)P+K4, 3P+K, (BT)P+K, 6KP

(CH)3PP, P+K4, ongyoin 6P4, ongyoin K, 8P, 1PK (for max dmg but no FT end with ongyoin K, WR4K, hcf+T)

(CH)33P4, ongyoin K, 8P, 6KP

(HCH)4K, ongyoin K, 6K, 6KP (for max dmg but no FT end with ongyoin K, 6K, hcf+T)

Izuna combo into FT
Mid weight:
I also found two izuna FT combos for mid weights that doesn't require timing. Im doing them since 4-5 months now and i never failed to do them. They are really stabil and easy to do.

Izuna, hcf+P, 4K, ongyoin K, 1PK = 66dmg

The next Izuna FT combo should be done when you are getting close to a wall and want to avoid a wall splat.

Izuna, hcf+P, 8K, 6KP = 63dmg
It's a nasty FT because you are right in your opponents face with an adv of +25 and the wall in his back :cool:

Wall combo into FT
The following combos that i found are doing a clean hit instead of a force tech when your in the corner.
Gen Fu and Helena only:
(Wall splat) hcf+P, 6KP

Light weights:
(wall splat) hcf+P, 1PK (I don't recommend doing that FT when you can slam your opponent into an explosive wall or something similar)

I have to test a few more setups so that's it for now. Hope that helps :)

NinjaMonkeyMax:hayabusa:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD