Help with Blocking

Hi All.

Is there a practice or something else which helps with blocking techniques as well as holds?

Everytime I hold "Back" or "Hold" or "Back" and "Hold" I still get hit.

Just looking for help with blocking practice.

Thank you.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hi All.

Is there a practice or something else which helps with blocking techniques as well as holds?

Everytime I hold "Back" or "Hold" or "Back" and "Hold" I still get hit.

Just looking for help with blocking practice.

Thank you.
You're blocking but you're probably getting hit since the opponent is either using a low from your standing guard or you're being hit by unlockable attacks or attacks that break your guard and allow the opponent to strike you guaranteed(although you won't really experience this unless you're near a wall and against certain characters with strong enough guard breaks that grant alot of advantage)

If you're going to hold back, don't press hold at the same time or else you're gonna hold. Backdashing is also gonna get you counter hit so if you want to move back without having to dash back to get the fastest retreat speed. Just FreeStep walk up or down and THEN hold back so you won't get counter hit. Just make sure that in general that you're not using both back and hold to guard since you're gonna accidentally hold and leave yourself open unless the opponent somehow uses a mid punch attack

Raansu

I personally always use the block button with the exception of free stepping away by pressing :7: If you want to practice blocking specific strings you can go into training mode and record the player 2 character you have selected and do a string you want to practice against. After you record the inputs you can have them play and it loops that string till you tell it to stop.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD