Hitomi's Crush and True Mid Game

NightAntilli

Well... Say you're at -7 after an attack. Since Hitomi's parry is immediate, you can parry the fastest punches in the game, but since Leifang's requires 6 startup frames, you can get hit by any punch that's 11i or faster before she starts actually parrying. It's the difference between getting hit while receiving damage, or actually parrying and dealing small damage. That is an advantage. Although, I admit it's a small one, and the advantage of the follow-ups of Leifang's gives much greater benefits overall. Despite them having the same function, the parries are to be used in a slightly different way. You have to be slightly more careful in throwing out the parry with Leifang since you will get hit if you don't use it at the right times.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

:8::P: has Hitomi ever so slightly moving her head backward before swinging her fist. It works against jabs from every character... except Pai XD. Pai's jab is 11 frames (corrected)/9 frames (in-game info) and has waaay too much range. I hate you, Pai... j/k :p.

Wait a second... I just reread your post and this got me thinking. Would it be possible to start a round with :8::P: and beat out everybody's jabs except Pai's? That would be a really big advantage.

Totbuae

I don't think it would work always. :8::P: will only beat a jab at maximum jab range and an opponent is free to move around during the "GET READY... FIGHT" announcement. :8::P: doesn't go under jabs, it moves away a little bit. If the opponent is really close then their jab can still reach Hitomi, and most people like to get right in your face during the "GET READY... FIGHT" announcement.

I pointed out :8::P:'s ability to "crush" jabs more like a curiosity than for its practicality during serious combat. The range requirement would make this difficult to pull off during the chaos of a real match and Hitomi has better ways to deal with jabs.

P.S. What you propose could work if DoA5 had fixed start positions like VF5.

KayJay

Her best (fastest) low crush is missing: 9K (Tech jump frames, midkick).
Imo it's overall the best option against low kick wakeups.

KayJay

It's better because the startup frame where she's counting as "jump" is coming out much earlier than the jumping frame from 8H+K. So punishing lowkick wakeups is much easier. It's so fast that Hitomi can crush low jabs at the beginning of a round.
You can combo into 5PP4PPP at 69 DMG.
Sometimes even if you punish the low kick wake up, it will be counting as a neutral hit so her opponent gets heavily stunned instead of launched, then Hitomi can do whatever guessing game she wants.

Chaos

Hmmm lets see..
:9::K: is -11 on block and your opponent can easly freestep it, not sidestep, freestep which is bullshit :mad:

:8::h::+::K: is -5 on block which is good, I'm not sure if it tracks or not, (I haven't played DOA5 for a while and this game can be completely random sometimes) a free launcher on NH, it doesn't start up as fast as 9k but it's way faster than 8k thats for sure and your opponent can't freestep it :)

Yup, I definitely prefer 8H+K.

KayJay

Hmmm lets see..
:9::K: is -11 on block and your opponent can easly freestep it, not sidestep, freestep which is bullshit :mad:
-11 is still safe against 10 frame jabs (which are actually 12 frames) and sidestep/freestep can't happen on wakeup.

Raansu

-11 is still safe against 10 frame jabs (which are actually 12 frames) and sidestep/freestep can't happen on wakeup.

Ya, grats, you're still going to get thrown by an unbreakable throw. 8f+k you can at least buffer a throw break because the only thing thats going to throw punish you is a standard throw that can be broken out of.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD