How do you Korean Back Dash in this game?

Saber

Requesting notations, and how to actually press it on the D-pad. Please and thank you. :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It varies from character to character. The general way is:

:4::214::214::214:...

If it's too slow you generally have to back step cancel:

:4::4_::4::4_::4::4_:...

Nicolas Graham

Are there certain characters that cannot back dash outta curiosity? Or are there others that can KBD better than others?

KING JAIMY

Are there certain characters that cannot back dash outta curiosity? Or are there others that can KBD better than others?
The smaller characters (e.g. Honoka, Marie Rose) can KBD quite well. Momiji and Rachel as well. The male super heavies have a near non-existent KBD I suppose.

Zack117

Standard Donor
:2::1::2::1::2::1:....

Works the best for me.
Do you have SS set to default (:8::8:/:2::2:) or to :2:/:8:+:H+P+K:?
:2::1::2::1::2::1:.... works only as a KBD for me when having my SS set to :8::8:/:2::2:.
With :2:/:8:+:H+P+K: I have to (:4:):4::2::1::4::2::1::4: which still is exahausting for me even after months of utilization.

For Pai: Just input :214: multiple times (her KBD is really good).
For Helena: TBD
I assume by "TBD" you mean "to be determined"? So what is the general consens for Helena's KBD then? Maybe it's just me but her KBD doesn't appear to be among the better ones in the game.

KING JAIMY

:2::1::2::1::2::1:.... works only as a KBD for me when having my SS set to :8::8:/:2::2:.
With :2:/:8:+:H+P+K: I have to (:4:):4::2::1::4::2::1::4: which still is exahausting for me even after months of utilization.
I have it set to :8:/:2::H+P+K:and I can KBD just fine with :2::1::2::1::2::1:....
It still partly depends on the character though. My main character (Momiji) has an extremely good Korean Back Dash. I find it harder to KBD with other characters, such as Bass or Hayabusa, to name a few examples.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

I assume by "TBD" you mean "to be determined"? So what is the general consens for Helena's KBD then? Maybe it's just me but her KBD doesn't appear to be among the better ones in the game.
Yeah, Helena's KBD isn't that great.

Zack117

Standard Donor
I have it set to :8:/:2::H+P+K:and I can KBD just fine with :2::1::2::1::2::1:....
It still partly depends on the character though. My main character (Momiji) has an extremely good Korean Back Dash. I find it harder to KBD with other characters, such as Bass or Hayabusa, to name a few examples.
:2::1::2::1::2::1:.... just won't work for me, even though I wish it would. I need to do the whole qcf motion. Maybe I'm just not fast enough.

If going for for the full:2::1::4::2::1::4: motion, would you guys recommend to initiate the KBD with a single :4: or rather with :4::4:?
So :4: :2::1::4::2::1::4: or rather :4::4::2::1::4::2::1::4:?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
:2::1::2::1::2::1:.... just won't work for me, even though I wish it would. I need to do the whole qcf motion. Maybe I'm just not fast enough.

If going for for the full:2::1::4::2::1::4: motion, would you guys recommend to initiate the KBD with a single :4: or rather with :4::4:?

Single.

Also try :4::4::1::4::1::4:...

KING JAIMY

I can KBD with just :2::1::2::1::2::1:...
You need to be extremely fast though. The full QCB is recommended if you can't keep up with the speed of :2::1::2::1::2::1:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD