How Not to Play Mila

Allan Paris

Exhibit A:

People who actually know how to play her please help the new players not make stupid ass mistakes this bum ass player made. They can actually learn a lot from this scrub. What not to do in a match!

teekay15

Can we assume for a moment i am extremely new and break some of this down? From watching the clip once the main points i picked up were:
1) No TD's
2) Awful timing when you are on the floor (at one point a 3H+K thrown very late and nowhere far enough away to really punish a wakeup kick)
3) No SS, either into TD or into P stun (leading to a possible CB combo)
4) No real combos at all, but didnt bait the hold and then punish it.
4a) Whereas you did, constantly, and they must of thrown 8+ whiffed holds in the 2nd round alone.
After watching it again also:
5) Obvious holding of block, at least twice you saw they were blocking and just ran up to them and threw.
6) The countdown of round 1 they walked in and tried to p as the timer reached 0 and you SSP, then round 3 they do the exact same thing.
7) No use of ranged tools, and Mila has some great ones (in fact the only 4H+K was right NEXT to you)
8) Over-reliance on mid in round 3.
9) 3pp not really followed up well> 66t, charged 7k, maybe 3H+K into 2T. Mila has so many options from there, and those times you were next to the wall...

I did like that throw though, and they did TRY to go for a few other throws. Bad as it was i could kind of see what they were going for most of the time, the worst mistakes i thought were with distancing and unfamiliarity with the character.

Yaguar

Couldn't space, couldn't block, couldn't combo, didn't TD once, was more focused on trying to combo -> CB than create setups.

I'd place a bet they don't know the character and just tried her out more than anything... But dropping block so often to get hit was just bad. I'll pray if they do Mila it was an off day and the block drops were late attempts at SS T's.

Allan Paris

Yeah, Mila is one of his characters he plays, sadly. I'm glad that you guys are pointing out the problems with his gameplay. I don't know Mila all that well but I know this shit wasn't right or effective for the most part.

Yaguar

Well it mainly seemed to be gaps in his play that had an adverse effect on her. Lot of missed follows ups, so doesn't seem like he knows her that well either.

Can't be effective if you try to 2T as they are standing up really =p

AegisOrnus

I fight Loki a lot online in ranked, I don't really know what's up with him; he seems to know what the tools are but doesn't know how to use them effectively so it sort of ends up feeling like you're playing a soulless Mila. I play similarly but I land a lot more effective blows and do more to take my opponent out of their comfort zone with TD's and other pokes.

Creaper609

I'm no pro, but he looked very sloppy. I wasn't sure what his gameplan was. He started off baiting out counters for takedowns, but that ended quickly.Often he stood there blocking or countering when he wasn't stunned where I would have gone for a SS T. It looked like he tried to setup for critical bursts a few times, but it kept getting countered. When I know someone is looking to counter a CB, I just keep going for takedowns or other launchers instead then wave dash to create distance and punish any wakeup kicks with 3H+K. It looked like he was throwing out 3H+K in hopes to crush any low wakeups, but they were too close and poorly timed. Are we sure this guy wasn't weathering a lag storm? IDK how someone his rank could be that sloppy.

Jefffcore

He plays DOA4 with every character. He doesn't seem to understand anything outside of combos, like frame advantage, etc. He should have been throwing your face off and making you scared of the tackle, CB, and 3H+K, (only used one of those and it was a random guess for a wake up kick) but he just kept trying to do combos like DOA4. He plays a very online oriented Ayane, and Mila doesn't have strings with lows like that so he gets lost.

His defense was all holds; I didn't see SS, or any attempts at throw punishment.

lol that was just so bad for so many reasons. he made mila look very bad. Hey Jeffcore add me. I wanna train with top mila players!!! ShinobixDread

Btw too much low countering common online mistake. Didn't make him respect the TD. No sidestep. No force teching. Didnt try to catch him in the forward punch kick loop. Poor space. He got mindfucked plane and simple. Also the poor combos he did do he didn't even end with the knee into mount. NO CRITICAL COMBO! tsk tsk tsk. Like I said MINDFUCKED!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD