How to: Hitomi - Video Guide - DoA5U Version.

Crext

Standard Donor
Hello, I've gotten some requests to do an update of my last Hitomi video guide, so I've tried to make a decent update for it.

I did however take the liberty of using much of the old photage as it was quite a lot of work to put together where most of the things mentioned hasn't changed.

I've also corrected some errors, and added subtitles that are much more readable. I hope this compensate for the sound not being totally top notch from time to time. I wanted to increase the volum of my voice, but since I am using so much old photage the spike in sound volume would be unbearable, so I hope the upgrade in subtitles will suffice.

Anyways, Enjoy!

Link

If anyone has any particular elements about Hitomi's gameplay you feel are lacking, by all means do share.

Last edited:

Kwin

Nice revamp of the vid Bro. Your mic volume still fluctuated in volume a lot, but the toned down music helped.

Last edited:

Kwin

Oh hey, an important Pressure move you may have missed. :3::K:. It has fairly good range, is a mid kick and has a lot of good follow-up/mix-up potential.

FFFF..... that just reminded me... I have to go edit her Frame data again. I forgot ALL of those...

Frame data wiki was updated with all 17 variations of above mentioned move lol. ;)

Last edited:

Crext

Standard Donor
Aye, there actually are a lot more moves on the pressure game that has potential. Perhaps the best one is the :6::6::K::2::K:, which is like a missile in there to get you started. That said basically every move that ends with a low strike that is none react able to works pretty well.

You could also use :1::K::6::P::2::K: (long range low kick, 17 frame), :P::P::6::P::2::K: (10 frame start), :6::6::P::2::K: (12 frame start), :7::P::K::2::K: (11 frame start)! Also a lot of these can be ended with the unbeatable kick as well, meaning that against slower characters your startup p at 10 frames could be turned into a :P::P::6::P::2::K: for an endless string of death.

This said I recommend looking at :1::K::K: for those same low approaches as the knockdown stun guarantees a follow up unless he slows escapes or ends up at too far range. However, this is when you can use :6::6::K::2::K: to get you back in as even though you don't get the guaranteed, you will get the frame advantage.

But this gave me an idea, there is a new move that I has yet to look into the details of, the :214::K: and :214::P:, maybe it has potential here. I'll have to get the frame data right now.

Edit: I was mistaken. You can do :3::K::P::2_::K::K:, so ye, this move is excellent for the pressure game as well.

I did discover a stun low though.

:8::P::P::2::K: is +13 on hit.

This means you can follow up with any 12 frame or less, basically :7::P::P: give you a deep stun.

Guess I need to spend more time in the lab, there is a lot of things that are either new or that I've forgotten about.

Last edited:

Kwin

Well Lucky You I made all the frame data haha :). :214::K::P: does really well as a CS mix-up into a lvl. 2 but It leaves you at quite a disadvantage (-8 on hit/ -6 on block) on Neutral. :214::P: can cause a bind in CS or on CH into a :6::6::K::K::K: or can just be used as a starter but is rather unsafe on block at -10. Your better off doing the whole chain as it leaves you at -5 on block. Hitomi has so many good tools, it's just a matter of CONTROL haha. That's what makes us Hitomi players better then the rest! GO HITOMI FAITHFUL! Show the Community what we can do!

Crext

Standard Donor
Well Lucky You I made all the frame data haha :).

Wait what? :eek: You made all the frame data? Where? I am actually editing in some frame data as we speak in the http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/hitomi-frame-data-doa-5-u/ because there is missing so much. ^_^

Hitomi has so many good tools, it's just a matter of CONTROL haha. That's what makes us Hitomi players better then the rest! GO HITOMI FAITHFUL! Show the Community what we can do!

Haha, that's right! Jeesh, has been some games I've done the opponent perfect 1 or 2 rounds and still managed to lose in the end... -_-

Last edited:

Crext

Standard Donor
Omg, you did it today, what rotten timing! :p

GJ though, this will save me a lot of time, means I can slack on the rest! :D

Kwin

Omg, you did it today, what rotten timing! :p

GJ though, this will save me a lot of time, means I can slack on the rest! :D
I actually started doing it Sunday night but all I did was just add all the moves in.
Monday night was all the block frames and today I did everything else.

Crext

Standard Donor
Aye, I can't believe I missed it. Think I must have overlooked it a couple of days ago and went like "Jeesh, I need to get started on this", and completely bypassed looking for it today.

Kwin

Aye, I can't believe I missed it. Think I must have overlooked it a couple of days ago and went like "Jeesh, I need to get started on this", and completely bypassed looking for it today.
Well glad I was online at the same time to not make both our efforts invain hahaha

Crext

Standard Donor
Well glad I was online at the same time to not make both our efforts invain hahaha

Ye, all in all you've saved me a lot of work, and it is probably looking a lot better aesthetically than what I would have managed. :cool:

Kwin

Ye, all in all you've saved me a lot of work, and it is probably looking a lot better aesthetically than what I would have managed. :cool:
Hahaha Well I'm very OCD about projects and you can imagine my surprise when I haphazardly discover random crap like different frames on Open/closed stances and sidestep attacks giving an extra frame when directly facing the opponent.

Crext

Standard Donor
Hahaha Well I'm very OCD about projects and you can imagine my surprise when I haphazardly discover random crap like different frames on Open/closed stances and sidestep attacks giving an extra frame when directly facing the opponent.

Haha, it is even more advanced as the range from opponent impact it as well. It is actually a big deal because those few frames often decide hit from block... :rolleyes:

Now, if you don't mind can I please edit in a slot for reach on your frame data list? :O

Kwin

Haha, it is even more advanced as the range from opponent impact it as well. It is actually a big deal because those few frames often decide hit from block... :rolleyes:

Now, if you don't mind can I please edit in a slot for reach on your frame data list? :O
Go for it! I just borrowed your previous work so it's not anything special =p.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD