How would you pitch Core Fighters, if future installments have it?

What should be available in a DOA game in Core Fighters?

• All of the game should be free, outside of a handful of "top-tier" characters.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I agree with your vision.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheHunterKiller692

Personally, I feel like I'm willing to make my own pitch of Core Fighters or some other variant that Nya attempted to discuss a year ago.

There are some things I agree with ($100 season passes need to go, on God.), but the general takeaway was that the majority of the community looked at it as predatory for asking you to pay more than necessary.

So, in the spirit of being a last-minute armchair developer, I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring, for real this time.

My pitch for Core Fighters:

*Have costumes be available in the in-game store, not separately.

*TN should at least have Quest and Versus mode available.

*A rotating character list is on the table, if possible, but not required.

*Characters aren't for sale, but their costumes are to avoid making the game pay-to-win.

*The game should be playable while installing, as well.

*In lieu of a season pass, I would much prefer most costumes be either unlockable through challenges, NOT unlocking pieces of costumes just by leveling up (unless the progression system can accommodate for both) and have paid costumes exclude collaboration costumes that would make more sense to be added via updates.

Now, all of these are set in stone, but I'm still undecided on what the stages should be in this free version. But, if need be, the Muscle stage is up for debate, Zack Island is on the menu, and a new stage that hasn't been seen in prior games.

I'm also not sure which characters should be free for all (I can see some people being like "Why can't I pay for characters in your vision, but I unlock them by buying the game?" Well, at least on the Western half of the community, I don't see a lot of fond memories over piece-meal characters being locked behind paywalls. However, that came at the cost of their costumes being either bundled or not available at all after a certain point, including collab costumes. "But, why make the collab costumes free when everything else is to be paid for?" I'm willing to negotiate which costumes ARE going to be for purchase directly and which ones are unlocked in the game that you can earn.

I also want to propose a stage vote. Yes, the map vote that was in games of yore that seems to be almost non-existent nowadays, in a fighting game that doesn't restrict one player to dictate all of the settings. What a novel concept! And the best part? It would also apply to ranked matches, if possible.

Pls keep in mind that I'm not trying to talk down to people so much as try to take the existing discourse and build a way to complement both sides of the community (East and West).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think CF should be how it was in DOA5U where they had certain characters available to use from specific times.

I think there should be more characters for different styles available to make more variation, I like Kasumi as the speed, Bass as the grappler and Hitomi and Diego as the all arounds but they could have a few more. For defensive players they could have Leifang and Bayman as the reps, Helena and Rig as the momentum based rushdowns, and maybe Raidou and Phase as the higher execution reps just so there's not just 4 characters.

Stages are fine as is, they can have them all in or maybe require you play a mode or something a couple of times to unlock a stage like core fighters 5U did. Story Mode tho can be locked out but the quest mode I think is fair to keep available so you can at least get a feel of characters you don't own.

Costumes I think they're fine with, just keep the dlc separate so you can buy them when you want. The $100 season pass I think can stay, if people are willing to pay for them like myself I don't see the issue with them, since besides that people just buy what they want anyway. Collab outfits unfortunately are gonna have to be paid for unless they're from a KT or TN title since collabs are earning money for both sides. That's why Kula and Mai and even Tamaki are possibly more pricey than usual since they're guests, if they were free that's not going to be a fair collab for SNK since they're not getting a cut of their character's guest spot.

Characters can be for sale imo since none in DOA imo are pay to win, everyone can win even if some characters took a hit from LR.

TheHunterKiller692

The $100 season pass I think can stay. If people are willing to pay for them, I don't see why not. Collab outfits, unfortunately, are gonna have to be paid, for unless they're from a KT or TN title, since collabs are earning money for both sides.
I disagree heavily with all of this, and the reason is simple.

First off, if anyone tries to justify inflating the prices of these season passes, you're basically asking me to burn money for absolutely nothing.
Collab costumes being paid is a fucking insult to my intelligence and is anti-consumer, no matter how you slice it. I can understand paying for OPTIONAL characters that won't be pay-to-win (I get that you said the base game characters are just fine, too.), but every time you defend the current business model, it shows how much you're willing to get away with overpricing EVERYTHING that your character wears that isn't available straight away. And your loyalty costs the playerbase being disillusioned and all of the influencers sock-puppets who refuse to let freeloaders/low-level players get their shake on it.

And your blind insistence on ignoring the possibility of them also selling frame data ALONG WITH all of these costumes, Tekken 7-style, and adding insult to injury because you decided to self-censor yourself on the subject of corporate greed.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I disagree heavily with all of this, and the reason is simple.

First off, if anyone tries to justify inflating the prices of these season passes, you're basically asking me to burn money for absolutely nothing.
Collab costumes being paid is a fucking insult to my intelligence and is anti-consumer, no matter how you slice it. I can understand paying for OPTIONAL characters that won't be pay-to-win (I get that you said the base game characters are just fine, too.), but every time you defend the current business model, it shows how much you're willing to get away with overpricing EVERYTHING that your character wears that isn't available straight away. And your loyalty costs the playerbase being disillusioned and all of the influencers sock-puppets who refuse to let freeloaders/low-level players get their shake on it.

And your blind insistence on ignoring the possibility of them also selling frame data ALONG WITH all of these costumes, Tekken 7-style, and adding insult to injury because you decided to self-censor yourself on the subject of corporate greed.
Thats the thing tho, Mai and Kula and Tamaki aren't pay to win, they're strong characters but they can be beat like anyone else.

I don't think being ok with the current SP prices is asking anyone to burn money imo since you likely were not gonna buy the SP anyway xD the season pass purpose is to be aimed at people who are fine with buying it and all games have it, DOA tho is pricier tho since the content is rather alot for the girls tho

And doa has frame data free tho? I don't think I'm being blind but I can agree to disagree

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Core fighters should offer hair color swaps but limited to 2 colors. Can't let freeloaders get greedy.

TheHunterKiller692

DOA tho is pricier tho since the content is rather alot for the girls tho. I don't think I'm being blind, but I can agree to disagree.
I don't see why not. I suck at compromises, but as you said before, none of the characters in the DLC are OP, at least not entirely.

So, I happen to take it with a grain of salt.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD