Is sarah a good character to use considering...

Is sarah a good character to use considering that she will not be in the next game. I'm not trolling here, I'm just curious to hear some opinions.

And I'll be the first to say, that it doesn't matter if she's not in the next game it only matters if you like playing her in this game. Which I do very much, and I haven't even played VF since saturn.

I notice Rig has a Flamingo stance as well, I wonder if he will inherit a few of her moves in the next game if she doesn't make an appearance, food for thought

splslick

Personally I don't think ruling out a potential main because they won't be in the next game is a wise decision. If you like the character then you should stick with that character. I think Sarah is a fun character hence why I play her even though I also played her in Vf :)

Dave

Yea, i picked her up because of VF. When she was revealed i was so freaking excited. If you like her, play as her. All of it won't go to waste as she'll be back in VF.

kupo

I played Sarah in every VF game but in VF5. I started playing her in DOA5 because of that, hopefully some stuff will pass on and I'm able to pick her with more ease in VF5FS.

DR2K

I can easily see the VF characters returning for the next game, TN has them in their engine and it's free promotion for VF. They're not obscure/clone/irrelevant (whichever reason TN used) characters like Leon, Ein or Tengu.

Sarah is a solid character in DOA5, use her, more people should main her.

FatalxInnocence

I think she's a great character. Flamingo stance is probably the most useful stance in the game in my opinion. She has everything in that stance. Lows, mids, highs, throws, other stance cancels, that weird parry knee shake thing she does, not to mention get away options like the backflip and moonsault. She's great! she just requires a lot more time than most characters... well to me anyway! I'm probably just a complete dud when it comes to Sarah even though she was my sub in VF5FS.

Dave

She is one of the characters I main. I just get so frustrated with her sometimes. I hate some of the button re-works they did from VF5. I'm learning a bunch of new combos from videos and such. She is a close combat character for sure. You need to keep pressure on the opponent when playing as her. I can see that I am getting better with her, but I still need more work. I've been practicing with a friend on XBL, but they use Kasumi, and well... Kasumi is worlds faster.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I would honestly like to see a DOA5 vs VF5 .. like a full blown cross over ... hopefully that would be their next project before DOA6.

I've been using Sarah since the earlier versions of the game ... I still struggle with her a lot considering my VF background ..

Despite what tier lists say, I think shes quite tough to use to reach the standard thats expected from her in the tier list.

all her launchers are mid K except 3P+K which is a mid P

In flamingo she suffers the same VF 50/50 where even shes at frame advantage she can get hit with a low attack and in this game that low could be a kick which she cannot parry with her P+K sabaki like in FS ...

also her (FL)4K does not crush lows like it would in VF .. basically.. she has poor low defense in flamingo.
not to mention that she also has no mid P strikes in flamingo either ... for DOA.. thats a problem.

Also because of how the knockdown system works in this game all her setups from forward slide after knockdown put her at far too much risk when the opponent decides not to quick stand since a wake up kick can stun ... killing her whole momentum

dont let this break your heart though .. shes still very good .. her frame advantage is great and her guaranteed followups keep her solid. plus shes an air juggle monster ..

she just needs a ton of hard work to give out results ... (same with all 3 vf characters really)

I say if you like her play her .. shes awesome. and has a huge arsenal of moves to let you develop your own style .. the most difficult thing is just washing out the VF from your mind ... cuz things just dont work the same .. otherwise .. good luck :)

Dave

Well said Emperor. I've learned a few of your combo videos. :) And anyone really trying to use her from the VF days LISTEN TO HIS LAST SENTENCE. It's like learning a whole new character. God it's going to be tough going back to VF after this.

FatalxInnocence

In flamingo she suffers the same VF 50/50 where even shes at frame advantage she can get hit with a low attack and in this game that low could be a kick which she cannot parry with her P+K sabaki like in FS ...

Just quickly, her :8::P+K: is a side step move which can be faked, this is probably one of the best things to open with upon moving into the stance. Most lows don't track, I actually don't think most first hits of any strings track do they? and even then the opponents best way of not getting hit after :8::P+K: is to block leaving Sarah to go into her flamingo mix ups.

HiguraShiki

The only problem with Sarah imo is that she has no force tech options. Unfortunately this game is dominated by characters who force tech.

Rpg

Hi guys im new to this site and one of the characters ill be using in this game is sarah =]

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD