DOA5U Jann Lee DOA5U changes

synce

It's been over 3 months since anyone posted on this forum, anyone still use the guy?

In 5U his entire 1P+K・K animation is comically fast, I'm not sure if it was like that in vanilla though

Raansu

He's more or less the same with minor changes though one in particular really hurts him.

Dragon Gunner is 23 frames now making it ridiculously slow and near impossible to use as a throw punisher.

1p+k k definitely looks much faster but I don't have vanilla anymore to compare.

New 6p+k attack from dragon stance which is his multi punch throw animation.

4kkp was changed into a bound from a ground bounce.

3kkp the P comes out much slower.

44pp (charged) has a guard break that pushes you back into a sit down that is +8. Doesn't really benefit from anything outside of getting them to back off you.

I probably missed something, but for the most part he remains mostly unchanged.

Ein

I'm having a bit of trouble canceling out of 6T against the wall. Can he still do that, and if so how do you do it?

Ein

Take a look at the video above your post around 1:40
Thank you very much. I main Ein but I also Love Jann Lee equally. I'm looking to pick him up and am starting look at some of his bnbs. Any tips on move that I I can use to get in and pressure?

Aven Kujo-Gin

Thank you very much. I main Ein but I also Love Jann Lee equally. I'm looking to pick him up and am starting look at some of his bnbs. Any tips on move that I I can use to get in and pressure?
Here, those combos are from DOA5, but I think all of this works in ultimate too, since Jann Lee doesn't change that much.

Darth Lotonic X

Jann Lee's Mid Punch Hold leaves the opponent in critical stun now. You can get 2 hit CB!'s off of a Counter or High-Counter hold.

8ml4

6p of Jann Lee has been nerfed, i11 to i12

k4kp has been nerfed

mid punch counter has been nerfed with 4pp

Last edited:

T to tha J

I've been playing since Ultimate came out, and I can't play Jann Lee for crap anymore. I didn't realize how nerfed he was, until I went to training and looked. Now I have to learn to play him all over again. They reduced the range on his 6HK, they took away the critical stun(on normal) from a lot of his moves. From what I saw, he's at a disadvantage from just about every move he has on normal hit. I'm just in need of a lot of help for this new guy who replaced the real Jann Lee. Also, the video is obsolete now, several of his guaranteed damage combos are gone. (I've learned this the hard way)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD