Kasumi's Video Thread

Doug Nguyen

No, you can always slow escape with the exception of a few specific stuns. But depending on what you follow up with, you can get an attack in before the opponent can SE. The issue is that pretty much all of the CBs used in the combo video can be slow escaped so I think the video gives the wrong idea to potential Kasumi players. I'd hate to be let down thinking all of those combos were guaranteed (or at least guaranteed if the opponent doesn't counter).

The timing is moderately strict on anything dealing with her teleports and 66KK, but I don't know if I'd call it just frame. That implies it's difficult, where as I think it's just not super easy like most of the execution in DOA (not a bad thing). You have to remember that we'll (hopefully) have people coming over from other fighting games. Just frame in Tekken, SC and VF means a fairly difficult notation. That is not what I would call anything in this video.
Oh ok thanks. I didnt even know you can slow escape combos. No wonder in DOA4 people always seem to escape my combos and when i get hit, i normally just try to counter or do nothing. I hope SE doesnt make reaching CB harder then. But its a good thing people normally are just spamming out counters.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I *think* her 4H+K puts them in a stun they can't struggle out of but can hold. It's the same as Jann Lee's 214P or 6P+KP.

Doug Nguyen

Glad they added a new stidown stun for Kasumi but i feel like she already has too many middle kicks now.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I *think* her 4H+K puts them in a stun they can't struggle out of but can hold. It's the same as Jann Lee's 214P or 6P+KP.

Yeah it seems there's 2 sit down stun animations both which don't allow holding out of now. You can see both in the video.

Jann Lee has the same ...
The following cause the 2 sit down stuns with the animation we know:
4P (the start of his Dragon Fire)
H+K
And these cause what looks like a "forced crouch critical stun" just like the one you saw in the kasumi vid.. different animation and no push back. but its essentially like a sit down in every other way (unholdable..whiffs highs.. etc)
214P
6P+KP

Also I found a new stun. To my knowledge right now it only works in the snow stage (need to test it in the water stage to see if the same effect is there).. I had a little time to mess around with the game yesterday with my friend Goro Hazuki and he was using Akira. when he did Akira's 3P+K ..(its the special low P he does in VF)
it was kinda like a slide back trip stun that doesn't allow holding out of. and it also guarantees his 33P launcher.
Its worth noting that it worked both on normal and counter hits...
I like that its a stage specific setup and I haven't tested if other characters have that same stun with certain lows (honestly been so busy with work/college).. but I'll get back to you on that :)
but it looked interesting

I really like how the game evolved :) ..

Allan Paris

do we have any pro players who use Kasumi? I needa see some high level tourney play

I play with her but you won't see anything from me until NEC. If you are looking for help let me know which console you are on and we can go from there. You can also catch a few a streams and you may see me play on them. Peacefuljay and The Hubbs are 2 streams that I usually play on from time to time. I can't remember the of hubb's stream. I believe its gvn streaming, I think.

Give the game some more time for offline videos of tournament matches. There's only a select few of us who play Kasumi and travel to offline tournaments.

Twilit Ninja

:236::F: :6::6::K::K: :7::K: :6::P+K: :K::K: Very stylish kasumi combo, 60dmg is nice but can it get higher than this? havent got the game yet
:236::H+P:, forward dash, :K::K::7::K::6::P+K:, :P::P::6::P::K: does 64 I think.
If you end near a wall, you can finish with :P::P::6::P::6: :K: to get the wall damage bonus (62 + w!).
The easy combo is :6::K:, :P::P::K::K:, which does 59, but also wall splats from a long way and is good for repositioning your opponent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD