Kokoro's match ups, and good strategies to use during them.

Reikou

I've been having a lot of trouble against characters like Lei Fang, Tina, Lisa, Bass, Bayman, Rig, Eliot, and Gen Fu.

I am wondering if some more experienced Kokoro players could shed some light on their matchups, and perhaps present some basic strategies I could try to use to fight these characters?

NightAntilli

I don't know which situations you have trouble with, so, I guess I'll give you what I mostly watch out for when playing them.

Tina.. Well.. Don't use holds unless you really have to. Her grabs are crazy high. Don't use low often because she can crush them easily with a lot of her moves. She's also fairly safe, so, this is where you'll have to use deception and try to confuse your opponent so you can get your momentum going.

Lisa.. Don't let her get too far because at a distance she controls the pacing, and use high attacks only at the right times, ie when she does flying/jumping attacks. She can crush a lot of moves, so, up close you need to be careful, but in general low and mid moves can beat her out, since she's not that fast.

Bass.. You outspeed him. Use that to your advantage. Watch out for his offensive holds and his lows. If you can, stay close. Note that you also need to learn specific juggles for him due to his weight. Same goes for Bayman btw.

Bayman.. He can be quite evasive. Be careful with that. Watch out for his tank roll. Try staying close since he has great moves for mid range that can crush most of Kokoro's arsenal. Watch out for his parry. Delaying your strings helps quite a bit.

Rig.. I wouldn't know what to tell you. I barely know him. All I know is that you need to focus on holding/sidestepping mid and high kicks. Watch out for his sitdown stuns.

Eliot.. Slow escaping is very useful against him. He's another one with a parry, so be careful with your mids. I guess lows are quite effective against him, however, Kokoro lacks them, so, you'll have to find some other strategy.

Gen Fu.. He's a nightmare in general. He can crush a lot of things, has a mid parry, is super fast up close.. There is not much I can say, other than learning your opponent's patterns and exploiting them. Gen Fu outplays Kokoro in pretty much every area, except maybe long range.

Reikou

I've also been having trouble with Helena and Christie as well.

Both of them just chain attack and force tech and I'm really not sure how or when to counterattack.

One of the major problems I'm coming across are just offensive holds in general. Kokoro has none of them, and Tina/Bass/Lisa/Bayman have a ton of them. All of them do massive damage, and there's really nothing I can do about it given online lag, etc.

For Bass and sometimes Bayman, it just seems like they can spam holds and win everything. If I try to hold, they easily eat the damage, and start again.

Bass is one of my better matchups with Kokoro. I like to keep a little distance(don't turtle) and draw them in with 33PT/SSPT. If he knocks you down ill usually do 2H+K just in case because if i'm right i get a nice little stun and can either go in to a nice grab punish or a nice combo.

Leifang not to hard stay on her she has a lot of highs and most Lei Fangs I play are very unsafe so go for the punishes, watch for her Unshu and punish that cause she can get tricky off of that.

Christie(a good one) can cause a lot of problems because of her jakeiho and the many ways she can get into it and the many moves she can do from it. Only tips i can give you on her is punish and keep up the attacks. Watch out for the mid string jakeiho backstep theres only 3 moves from it but depending on if your a counter spammer will determine there choice of finishes. My personal favorite is the grab which has a guarenteed kick after if you see that go low it avoids it then theres the low slide kick and lastly the Mid P GB and i think she has a guaranteed strike after that(not 100% sure). Use Kokos heichu stance to your advantage and always keep them on their toes with the mixups.

Reikou

Do you guys have any tips to fight Helena? I've been hitting a wall against even mediocre Helena players, and I just can't seem to beat them. All the force techs really hurt, and there just seems to be nothing I can do against it.

Do you guys have any tips to fight Helena? I've been hitting a wall against even mediocre Helena players, and I just can't seem to beat them. All the force techs really hurt, and there just seems to be nothing I can do against it.
Thats my hardest matchup with any of my players actually. Koko has a more range moves than Helena so keep a little distance and abuse her when she makes BKO transitions. Use Kokos 2h+k heichu mixups when you see her in BKO cause she cant counter the first kick and she can't duck it either. My best tip would be to push Helena against the wall and keep the mixups going because if she counters out and puts you against the wall its pretty much over.

Reikou

Thats my hardest matchup with any of my players actually. Koko has a more range moves than Helena so keep a little distance and abuse her when she makes BKO transitions. Use Kokos 2h+k heichu mixups when you see her in BKO cause she cant counter the first kick and she can't duck it either. My best tip would be to push Helena against the wall and keep the mixups going because if she counters out and puts you against the wall its pretty much over.

Yeah.

How do you suggest opening against Helena though? I'm really stumped here. If you try to space, you're basically just putting yourself closer to a wall for Helena. If you go in close, its just a guess game, and and if Helena wins the opening, you again get pushed to the wall and screwed over.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah.

How do you suggest opening against Helena though? I'm really stumped here. If you try to space, you're basically just putting yourself closer to a wall for Helena. If you go in close, its just a guess game, and and if Helena wins the opening, you again get pushed to the wall and screwed over.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I like 214P, but make sure there are a few steps in between them. If she likes to get in your face at the start I usually mid p counter because most will start with the windmill attack.

FlamingMuffin

Against Helena, just keep the pressure on. You are faster than her. 2P and 2F+K become great assets in shutting down her BKO. Do not mindlessly throw out counters. Her BKO throw will hurt and blender you.

Against Lei, it's a difficult matchup. She is of similar speed while possessing a punch parry stance and a dangerous mid kick hold leaving poor Kokoro to try and rely on her lows (lol) and throws. Try and space and punish with 214P as her long range game is poor. Be wary of her OH's too.

Bayman and Christie can also be very difficult. Their evasion/SS definitely gives hesitation to attack, especially as her tracking moves are high and both of their stances will evade those and her in-string throws. Just try stay out of Baymans roll range as best you can. Christie, do not be afraid of countering (in compassion to others) as her throws are not that fearful.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you two have any ideas on how to open/deal with Rig?
Open with 2h+k all day on Rig. As for advice to deal with him can't help with Koko I usually use Christie against him but keep pressure watch out for his sitdowns and wannabe flamingo stance. I need to learn him more actually he has decent speed and a lot of strength and some nice force tech combos

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding how to deal with Hayate?
punish his windmill kick 1000 times over thats their go to move, and after some work with Hayate i've come to realize he has a lot of unsafe strikes. Keep on him don't let him get distance he kills Koko in that.

FlamingMuffin

This will come up sooner or later how can i deal with the vitura fighter characters

You will have to learn which moves offer them frame advantage on block and which don't, so you know when an appropriate time to attack is.

Pai and Sarah are both faster than Kokoro, so try and space them and look for an opening. I haven't had much experience with Akira so I can't really comment on him.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD