Let's Talk Bounds...

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I have no clue what else to talk about here since I can't record matches for the time being and Lisa hasn't changed much at all in 5U.

Anyone know what her bounds are and if we can get anything special off of them?

The only one I've been able to find is a bound off of 9K

@ailingeternity @Tones (if you have the game) @synce @AkaShocka @Return of the Shadow (if you haven't completely dropped the chick yet)

Last edited:

ailingeternity

:9::K: on max stun threshold isn't exactly a bound, it's more like a knockdown that offers follow-up damage much like :6::P::4::P::P: but I can see how it's viewed as one. A bound would be something like Lei-Fang's :3::P::4::P: that allows juggling within a juggle, if that makes sense. Lisa has no bounds that she can use after launching at least. Regarding :9::K: there are very few situations where you'll land it, most of the stuns she has can be slow escaped or held out of before it lands, stick with :236::K: if you're playing around with the stun game, or even still launch, there are better damage opportunities, don't even know why the animation is even there it's quite random.

For the record if the knockdown from :9::K: occurs, you can cancel out of BT and use :7::K::6: CAR :P::+::K: to follow-up, Alpha can take :7::K::6: :h::+::P:

There are plenty of things we can talk about Gruff. We haven't really touched on her pressure, ground game and her counters yet...

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Yeah, but I mean I',m not the most effiecient player in the world, and fail at using the training mode to the fullest potential. Thus limiting what I can speak on without sounding like an idiot lol.

I think I'm just kinda bummed that we don't talk much about her at all other than the usual setups, combos, and frame data.

I'm kinda learning as I go, since I'm still relatively new to playing competitively.

AkaShocka

:9::K: isn't a bound. Its just like a normal stun.
Lisa doesn't even have a bound if you think of it. Or a bound that is used in juggling like :sarah: does.
And like my Lisa friend @ailingeternity said stick with :236::K: to play the stun game. And just a random pointer when you use :236::K: outside of doing a CB, just do :236::K::4: it puts her in back turned stance and use her BT CB (:7::P:)
In 5U you will really need to use her BT stance alot more though. Her BT stance is far more important than what people make it out to be.

ailingeternity

Yeah, but I mean I',m not the most effiecient player in the world, and fail at using the training mode to the fullest potential. Thus limiting what I can speak on without sounding like an idiot lol.

I think I'm just kinda bummed that we don't talk much about her at all other than the usual setups, combos, and frame data.

I'm kinda learning as I go, since I'm still relatively new to playing competitively.
We've all been there, learning the mechanics of a fighting game makes it much more thrilling than it just being a game based on fanservice imo (which sadly compiles a lot of DOA), it creates more longevity to what was once a dying genre. Eventually Gruff you'll be thoroughly knowledgeable just keep dedicating yourself to becoming a better player and you'll feel a lot more confident with what information you have, nobody is going to criticize you for that I can promise you.

Tones

Premium Donor
I didn't realize 9k knock backed or whatever you wanna call it. I'd much prefer keeping it 50/50 between critical burst and throw.

What are people using after 6p4pp?

I'm using 6p4pp to set up going into BT via 6p4p. If the full string lands I just 6k+f 2k and if they start tech rolling to escape the 2k then I use the frame advantage to do what I want.

ailingeternity

I didn't realize 9k knock backed or whatever you wanna call it. I'd much prefer keeping it 50/50 between critical burst and throw.

What are people using after 6p4pp?

I'm using 6p4pp to set up going into BT via 6p4p. If the full string lands I just 6k+f 2k and if they start tech rolling to escape the 2k then I use the frame advantage to do what I want.
A blocked :6::P::4::P: is great because you can delay it's follow-up, so many head straight into an offense and eat it without even anticipating. It's real easy to throw punish if you aren't careful. If I get the knockdown I dash in and use :1::P::K: as it works on pretty much everyone, lightweights eat :7::K::6: CAR :P::+::K: and Alpha can take :7::K::6: :h::+::P:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
okay messing around with it a bit, I found that :9::K: is guaranteed FT after :6::P::4::P::P: against an invisible wall

at midscreen, you can still use :9::K: as a FT but they can tech it. If you have the reactions for it, you can go straight into :9::K::P::+::K: to keep the opponent in check, and if it hits the FT, you are in gear for the shenanigans.

nvm its not guaranteed FT, I found out that I just forgot to turn off the Recovery while testing it :(

Last edited:

Batcommander

A blocked :6::P::4::P: is great because you can delay it's follow-up, so many head straight into an offense and eat it without even anticipating. It's real easy to throw punish if you aren't careful. If I get the knockdown I dash in and use :1::P::K: as it works on pretty much everyone, lightweights eat :7::K::6: CAR :P::+::K: and Alpha can take :7::K::6: :h::+::P:
I can get :7::K: CAR :P+K: after the bound, but CAR :P+K: will not hit the opponent, it will whiff. Do you have any advice on how to land it, because it looks cool as hell lol. Same problem with dash in :7::K::K:, it barely misses :(

If i ever land :6::P::4::P::P:. i just follow up with :236::P:; seems to work on everyone and gets the opponent outta my face lol.

You can also dash in and do :4::F+K:.

Also, i'm not sure on this, but can a backwards tech roll avoid :6::F+K: followup? Ill check later, i know you can't land :P+K:, which sucks.

ailingeternity

:7::K::6: CAR :P::+::K: is extremely strict but it's there, on heavyweights you'll want to stick with :1::P::K: for damage. :236::P: is the safest option and always guaranteed to land.

Last edited:

ailingeternity

Sorry Tones what I mean is it works on everyone apart from heavyweights. It's much easier to do in closed stance I find as well.
These include; :bass::bayman::rachel::leon:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD