Mila "Estrada Da Estrela"

PR_RogueStrife

So Mila is my main character i love everything about the chicka and don't intend on stopping to main anybody else for awhile. The more im noticing her strength's and weakness's the more im starting to adapt. In my eyes she's a half breed of Hitomi and Tina, Hitomi for her punches and kicks and Tina for her slight grapple game. Her weakness's though are towards character's that either play better Grapple game such as Bayman [A good one] or "Insta Counter" Characters such as Kokoro or Hayate and let's not forget the distance game! because people LOVE to do that with Jann Lee or Ayane least over PSN =/.

Please note what i mean by "Insta Counter" is that i feel some Characters counter alot better then others at some points and whether it's true or not it's just a observation.

So for Mila's out there exactly what do you do to improve against certain matchups such as Kokoro or Hayate or w/e. I feel that the overall cast of characters in DoA5 are well balanced and anybody can win with anybody aslong as they're more skillfull but sometimes i truly wonder if characters do indeed have better matchups against others.

Raansu

So Mila is my main character i love everything about the chicka and don't intend on stopping to main anybody else for awhile. The more im noticing her strength's and weakness's the more im starting to adapt. In my eyes she's a half breed of Hitomi and Tina, Hitomi for her punches and kicks and Tina for her slight grapple game. Her weakness's though are towards character's that either play better Grapple game such as Bayman [A good one] or "Insta Counter" Characters such as Kokoro or Hayate and let's not forget the distance game! because people LOVE to do that with Jann Lee or Ayane least over PSN =/.

Please note what i mean by "Insta Counter" is that i feel some Characters counter alot better then others at some points and whether it's true or not it's just a observation.

So for Mila's out there exactly what do you do to improve against certain matchups such as Kokoro or Hayate or w/e. I feel that the overall cast of characters in DoA5 are well balanced and anybody can win with anybody aslong as they're more skillfull but sometimes i truly wonder if characters do indeed have better matchups against others.

Sidestep the hell out of them.

Yaguar

I generally don't have too many problems with Kokoro's but the fact that I sub her may help a little there.
She only has 1 tracking move (H+K which is high) so well timed SS T/P can turn things around pretty well, because she should never be tracking you.
She has quite a chunk of high's too and 1P+K can intercept well.
One of Kokoro's best mid-range tools, 1P, is 19 frames and a 4K from Mila stuffs it. Worst case you get caught out and it hits normal? Her next follow up is 23 frames from a -7 frame disadvantage.
2H+K on normal hit gives you pretty much a free 6P, maybe even 3P if she is going for another hit after as both of her follow ups are 20 frames.

As for going up against Tina, sheesh well I play Bannana_Eater84 a lot and I find luck helps here =D. You have to try and stay mid to get your initial stun because 1P can crush you like a monster. Anything unsafe and you'll eat a huge grab so check up on your frame data.

Bayaman, pressure, mixups and lots of grabs. If you can see a OH coming, 6T and take the advantage. Don't over spam because his rolling OH may come out and you want to 2T that for another advantage. I generally find that Bayaman players are counter friendly and so you get a lot of chances to grab them or mix in some good 3H+K's and start a force tech advantage.

Hayate, let him do something unsafe, counter his 3H+K (giant spinny overheard kick) and if he whiffs something stupid (because they all seem to play from half the map away) hit him with 3H+K and go to town.

Hope some of this is in anyway useful, most of it may just be mad blabbering rather than science though.

PR_RogueStrife

I generally don't have too many problems with Kokoro's but the fact that I sub her may help a little there.
She only has 1 tracking move (H+K which is high) so well timed SS T/P can turn things around pretty well, because she should never be tracking you.
She has quite a chunk of high's too and 1P+K can intercept well.
One of Kokoro's best mid-range tools, 1P, is 19 frames and a 4K from Mila stuffs it. Worst case you get caught out and it hits normal? Her next follow up is 23 frames from a -7 frame disadvantage.
2H+K on normal hit gives you pretty much a free 6P, maybe even 3P if she is going for another hit after as both of her follow ups are 20 frames.

As for going up against Tina, sheesh well I play Bannana_Eater84 a lot and I find luck helps here =D. You have to try and stay mid to get your initial stun because 1P can crush you like a monster. Anything unsafe and you'll eat a huge grab so check up on your frame data.

Bayaman, pressure, mixups and lots of grabs. If you can see a OH coming, 6T and take the advantage. Don't over spam because his rolling OH may come out and you want to 2T that for another advantage. I generally find that Bayaman players are counter friendly and so you get a lot of chances to grab them or mix in some good 3H+K's and start a force tech advantage.

Hayate, let him do something unsafe, counter his 3H+K (giant spinny overheard kick) and if he whiffs something stupid (because they all seem to play from half the map away) hit him with 3H+K and go to town.

Hope some of this is in anyway useful, most of it may just be mad blabbering rather than science though.

Nono! any advice or tips are very helpful i found none of that to be rambling thank you very much! =). In my case Tina's not a problem my concern's are mainly with Hayate or Kokoro moreso Kokoro if anything but practice makes perfect!

HiguraShiki

SS TD is your main weapon. In general, you should be focused on mixing in TD,s after stun. If the enemy low counters a lot, low grab them or 3H+K them twice, then TD them afterwords. If they do not counter, aim for a CB.

Yaguar

moreso Kokoro if anything but practice makes perfect!

:6: :P: I find works wonders for interrupting her strings.
Kokoro is linear and I can't say that any clearer other than adding that her only tracking attack is H+K which is slow, high and useless. Sidestep the hell out of her.

Learn what her :8::P: and :9::P: look like, they are a free hit on block.

Kokoro's :2::H+K: on normal you can usually throw out :3::H+K: and take her down (usually).
:1::P+K: to break her highs. Do it, love it, live it.

Once you're in control that is pretty much it, ride with it and follow the standard stuff, watch out for her low kicks breaking up your highs and you should be fine. About all I got =p

Oh and for a second time, sidestep, she has nothing to stop you.

HiguraShiki

Kokoro is linear and I can't say that any clearer other than adding that her only tracking attack is H+K which is slow, high and useless. Sidestep the hell out of her.

Kokoro's :2::H+K: on normal you can usually throw out :3::H+K: and take her down (usually).

Once you're in control that is pretty much it, ride with it and follow the standard stuff, watch out for her low kicks breaking up your highs and you should be fine. About all I got =p

Kokoro is linear, but its always hard to sidestep her in lag since her elbows always come out fast.

PR_RogueStrife

T

Thank you very much! im still finding that sidestepping online while under constant pressure is a little bit more difficult to pull off but slowly and surely progress is being made! =D thanks for the suggestions

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD