Mila Infinite Found

So apparently a Mila infinite has been found. It requires Mila to knock you into a wall down and do :2_::P::P::P::P:... and it continues until the Mila player messes up or time expires. The damage is worthless but mainly this locks a player into the ground until time expires.

The only way to escape the infinite is to tech roll when landing on the ground, but the netcode makes that difficult online unfortunately.

Needless to say, this should be banned at all tournaments until a patch comes out to hopefully address the issue.

Feel free to tweet @TeamNINJAStudio to get their attention about this glitch and hopefully we'll see a patch sooner rather than later.

Updated video to reflect example of the issue happening in open space.

I appreciate the info Emperor Cow has delievered; now I'm just wondering if the missing content and perhaps the mechanics will be featured in DLC?

And of course I await for the patch.

As I stated, I think the fighting itself is very solid. and I also think that the work put into tweaking the games environment and implementing new ideas is amazing and DOA could not have evolved any better..and I will continue to support the game as much as I can.

However... the surrounding content (which was already established in previous DOAs and did not require any more R&D) was wiped out for no reason .. This includes old survival mode , tag survival, and team battle ... and what we have as online and offline options are just not up to the promised standard.. I'm sorry.

Not to mention that the online as it stands right now is pitiful and is only "playable", and I would like to emphasize the word "playable", on a full bar connection. This is inexcusable for this day and age especially since Tecmo pretty much pioneered 3D Online fighting game net coding 7 years ago. and I still think that the old code may have been better than the current despite having it being affected by lobbies and people going in and out of rooms... when it was a solid 1 on 1 or even 3-4 people who stayed in a room with a semi decent connection ... it was even more than playable...

Now I've been hanging out a little with LeiFang12 who made it all the way from Denmark to London to support the Euro Launch at Eurogamer and he said there's hardly any scene where he comes from and the only outlet he has is online ... Imagine how someone like that must feel when they see the online is unplayable ..

At least around here we can still gather up for offline sessions (which is arguably the best outlet for training and leveling up). but not everyone has that luxury and not everyone has the same free time ... simplest example would be me and Hurricaine rev ... he finishes work around 10pm and I finish around 5pm. and we live at least an hour apart... so ... by the time you can change, pickup your stuff, and come over its already too late and we only get to meet up ever so rarely ... Online (if it were actually decent) solves this ... I had the most solid sessions in SCV and VF online... and I hear TTT2's netcode is second to none (havent tried it)... just a little things to think about ..

Yes I am disappointed. The game as a fighter is amazing. But the fan base is not just the hardcore. I appreciate the emphasis on them this time around. But I think what they had to offer could have been a lot better and it wouldn't have cost them anything since its already been done before. If they were struggling with the netcode they could have easily asked a 3rd party which is capable of such a task to do it for them ...

Also their market is not just Japan. Otherwise, they wouldn't have promoted the game all over the world for the past year. which also means they shouldn't have just tested the net code in the super duper telekenetic lazer fiber optics they have in japan. Think about that ...

I don't know if it just me but movements feels weird and doing moves like :3: :3: :P:
is so what hard to pull off. Also, another problem im having is when im trying to dodge a grab move, my character doesn't seem to response so I have mash the button but
that doesn't work. :( The controls are good but not as good as DOA3 & DOA4. :(

Well diagonals just take practice I reckon. I don't know what you're playing on or with what controller but I haven't had any problems with them at least. It sounds like you have a decent amount of experience at least with DOA... Do you play any other fighters?

Also what do you mean "dodge a grab"?

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out ..
but your Sidestep settings change if the host has a different sidestep setting than you ...

THAT is a fundamental fuck up .. I'm sorry but for that alone I cannot play online.

This is why you dont fucking rush a game ...
End of rant.
i just watched the seasons beatings stream.
shimbori confirmed that there will be another patch coming.
ayane's 66kk nerf is confirmed,helena likely to get buffed and maybe some additional bug fixes.
this is the best time to tell them about the game's issues so they can get included in the patch.

I noticed a lot of people complaining about the netcode, but I've had hardly any lag since Day 1, even if I do, it's been pretty manageable, but I'm all for anything that will help get rid of it.
i just watched the seasons beatings stream.
shimbori confirmed that there will be another patch coming.
ayane's 66kk nerf is confirmed,helena likely to get buffed and maybe some additional bug fixes.
this is the best time to tell them about the game's issues so they can get included in the patch.
What about it is getting nerfed? The fact that she gets +7 from turn around? :( I liked that move

Well diagonals just take practice I reckon. I don't know what you're playing on or with what controller but I haven't had any problems with them at least. It sounds like you have a decent amount of experience at least with DOA... Do you play any other fighters?

Also what do you mean "dodge a grab"?
Im getting the hang of the diagonals and Akira's 1 frame knee move is easier pull off
(using the PS3 controller) if I use my index fingers only. Well I have to say that DOA5
input timing feels like Tekken (another fighting game I enjoy playing). Now, since DOA5 is a great game im pretty sure many other members here are please of what have DOA5 has turned out. :)[/quote]

What about it is getting nerfed? The fact that she gets +7 from turn around? :( I liked that move

Perfect Legend was the one that brought it up at Season's Beatings Ascension but then as expected, he found a way to beat it.

- https://twitter.com/PerfectLegend/status/252739577423491072

On a side note I found very ironic that he would say something like that seeing as how in MK CDjr stated the same about Kabal and PL still beat him at EVO 2012 for the Championship.

There was never a problem with the move. For one, it's one move. Second, there are mechanics that are available to avoid this i.e. tech, sidestep, Offensive/Defensive Holds. +7 basically means its time to stop pressing buttons and think instead of being recklessly aggressive and/or mashing. In VF5, P is generally +2. VF players learned not to press buttons and look for the obvious throw break. TTT2. Angel's u/4 both High Tech and Low Tech which means don't press any buttons which at least intermediate Tekken players learned. Just shows that the DOA community has a LOT of catching up to do. DOA5 is the best 3D fighting this generation. It depends on how far this community will take it.

Also their market is not just Japan. Otherwise, they wouldn't have promoted the game all over the world for the past year. which also means they shouldn't have just tested the net code in the super duper telekenetic lazer fiber optics they have in japan. Think about that ...

The game first and foremost is Japanese.

Understand that? Our territories are secondary which in their fiscal report is under Overseas market.

Understand that? Our territories are secondary which in their fiscal report is under Overseas market.

How is it secondary when the OVERSEAS market is 10 times bigger than the Japanese one ?

It is far more important to them and probably even more so than Japan ..

I'd prefer force techs over invincibility frames added to fix this, but force techs would change the ground game tremendously.

Just add the triangle system to wakeup options too. Give every character a wakeup punch/wakeup kick, wakeup hold and throw. That simple.
If you are struck when down, you can hold. Etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD