Mila laboratory

rximmortal

Hi there Mila fans. I am new in the forum, but it looks like really fun , so i just wanted to say hi to all members and share with you some tricks with mila that i ''discovered'' in train lab. Yes there are some replays in youtube but i didnt see anyone using them and i just cant accept they are useless cuz they give me something like 90% win rate.
So i am new to doa at all , i was semi/pro in SSF4 and many other fighting games and from all my expirience, i learned these things that are viable for each fighting game.
1st thing: Learn how to win! That maybe sounds strange cuz this is every players goal, but beleave i am 100% sure , that from what you will read below , you will at least improve your skills ''as general''.
So to achieve 100% win , besides the many sleepless nights , you must play and learn every characters weakness and power . You must build your own strategy for win. Because, as far as you trying to understand your oponents moves , you just move your mind from the point of winning the round to the point of trick him , which in many cases finish in possitive for your foe.
So here are some tricks , how to build your strategy.
To win in this game as in each fighting game out there you must use 2 metas:
- 1st use Safe moves , setups , frametraps and mixups.
- 2nd (especially for this game) Try to use as many force techs as possible.
So here are some of the setups i use.
1 - When you are in distance with your oponent, you can just continues sidestepping and observe the moments of your oponents.The moment he starts to rush you (this moments comes soon or later) you do 'down , forward ,H+K. Now you have enough time to see if it connects or not , cuz it gives you i think +40 frames on hit , so if it connects , you continue with P+K , df H+K again . So now you made force tech.
2 - What to do after the force tech. Yea the most logic thing is to attack and you will do it cuz you are + many frames.But there are some attacks thats are better than others in this situation.
2.1 - Continue with forward , forward , P ( now if your oponents blocks and you guard crush him) you do one of those combinations:
- back , K, T , H , down , punch ( which is a combo starter from low hit).
- back , K , T (take him down and go in the 3 punches loop , you can miss the timing for the last punch on purpose and give yourself another low punch loop and go again and again .
- down H+K ( it gives u +9 frames ) you can go in what way you want after it
If you actually wand a hit with f,f,P which is the most common situation you go dash and try ''down T'' even if you miss u have time to block or hold the wake up move.
2.2 - Continue with down H+K ( now this is one of the best things you can do cuz you get knowedge about your oponent. Now if you actually Counter hit him this means these things: He do not know actually that this move will force tech so he spammed probably Kick to make wake up. After a counter hit with down H+K you can do another loop with 1. and force tech him again but this time comes with other move cuz you know he will press any button and you can go for longer combo.
2.3 - Continue with back , K, T , H , down punch. which leads you to upper situations.

-So lets continue-
After you managed to hit with a combo starter move ( stun hit for + 15 frames) , it all comes to different mix ups so it is up to you and your oponents here :).
But if u see ,him trying to hold high or mid attack , just answer with forward Throw or qcb throw.
The problem after forward "T" is that the only 100% hit confirm hit is normal K and the only continues in combo is wit "P" but most above avarage player will counter it . So i suggest you, to do this until someone counter the punch than in the next time you managed to hit him with f, T you go for a single kick than do this again than do something like df H+K or make another grab.
When u critically stun your oponents or burst him than it is easy laucnher and some high damage combo.
-Best combos after laucher i found so far-
1- P . forward P , P+K , down T , 3 punches set up.
2- same as 1 but it is P , forward P , P , P+K , down T , 3 punches ( You can miss with the P+K in this one if the enemy is hevier or the launcher not high enough) you cant miss with combo 1 here.
3 - If near wall P.,forward P , P , P , forward P , forward P.
Now these combos are 100% hit confirm. The Next ones are not 100% hit confirm on sertain hit but they opens to new mixups so we can say that these 3 are for finishing , when your oponents is below 50% and the other that i will list below are to get your oponent to 50% hp :)
-Best Not hit confirm combos- ( After launcher)
1 - P , Forward P , P , down+forward + H+K. ( now the special for this one is that if u hit you force tech your oponents and you deal around 80-85 damage till that moment.) So you can continue with mixups from Force tech. IF the oponents managed to quick roll than the frames between you two are 0 , so there is no advantage neither for him or for you but there is something else - you actually deal a set up so if you make a move around 12-14 frames with long range you will most likely hit him. For example a move that always work for me in this situation is down punch. On hit it gives you +1 frames and right after it you continue with back K , T or back K , t , H , low pucnh or punch. which follows to the upper followed mix ups.
2 - P, forward P , P , down+forward+P , P , down+forward+H+K and again you force tech him with a combo for 100 damage. and if he managed to quick roll it is again 0 frames so you can do what ever u want. The idea is that yes it is basicly 0frames but just putting the set up on gives youadvantage cuz now your oponent must guest what you will do.
I hope i help someone here. Thanks to DrDogg for the comments too :) I Am watching for your replies. HF

DrDogg

This is good against he average player, but against really good players it will only get you so far. Some issues:

1 - If the opponent attacks as they're coming in, Mila will get hit out of 3H+K (unless it's a low attack, or a single hit high attack). If the opponent steps, it will whiff. 3H+K has very low priority and is very linear. It's only good as a crush attack or whiff punisher.

2.1 & 2.2 - In both instances the opponent can duck to avoid getting hit.

2.3 - Offline, people can see this coming and it becomes just as much a guess for Mila as it does for the opponent.

rximmortal

1. I am well awared of all that situations. But it dosnt changed that fact that the only viable punish will come after side step. Cuz even if it hits me i am in air so i will not take more than 30 damage at all which is nothing compared to the damage they will take if i hit :) Even they block it it is only -4 frames which is more than safe and u can side stepp , T.
2. From 100 situations like this i can remmember only some S tier members that crouching this and even if that happened u can simple make not down punch but just punch . or if they are ultra good and make directly down hit which is faster than mine u can just stop do this and go only with back kick which is -2 on blok and u can go with 1, situation so it is again guessing for your oponent.
3. Even they seem it it dosnt change the fact that the move is good and gives you enough benefits to try it. Plus more champs attack with dashing and low attack (as helena for example) so if u do this u will counter her if she make other trick ok you take your 20-30 damage the game continue :)

DrDogg

1. Cuz even if it hits me i am in air so i will not take more than 30 damage at all which is nothing compared to the damage they will take if i hit.

If you hit 3H+K, it's 40 damage followed by a mixup if you go with the forced tech setup. You can get more if you just go for the ground throw, but not by much. So it's very similar to that ~30 damage they would get.

2. From 100 situations like this i can remmember only some S tier members that crouching this

Yeah, because you're playing online. Play offline against good players and you'll see it happen a lot more.

3. Even they seem it it dosnt change the fact that the move is good and gives you enough benefits to try it. Plus more champs attack with dashing and low attack (as helena for example) so if u do this u will counter her if she make other trick ok you take your 20-30 damage the game continue :)

I didn't say the move wasn't good. The problem is that it becomes just as much of a guessing game for Mila as it does the opponent.

rximmortal

I know you are right about the offline plays . I am pretty new to doa but not to the fighting stage and it is all the same.
The moment u start guessing is the moment u lose - 1st rule on High level of play. Yes it is not 100% guaranteed you shall lose but it is in most cases 3to1 possitive to the non guesser. Yes you can guess what will be your oponents defense move and manage your attack but not guessing what will be his attack move than comes the total disadvantage.
I am pretty Into this game and wants to become better but i am not sure the stage in europe is good enough.
:(

Yaguar

EDITED FOR BEING A DICK:

Would it be possible to get the original post in a clearer format at all? I find it difficult to read and worry that others may too.

(P.S. Thanks DrDogg for pointing that out).

DrDogg

Can I get a rewrite of the original post with better formatting and the word "you" please. Also i should be I.

I just can't read a wall of text if it is written horrifically, sorry.

I don't think English is his first language, cut him some slack.

If you want it written properly, you could always write it yourself. It would be more productive than the post you made.

Would you like me to point out all of the grammar mistakes in your post, or should I just ignore them since it's a post made on an online forum about a video game? >_>

Yaguar

I played with him btw , he is pretty nice :). I just prefer more aggresive style of play.

Not bad for someone with Noro Virus, eh?
Yeah I'm more of a back foot fighter. Few things I should have capitalized on but that is just me being bad. Have to work on my vs. Mila with you sometime since it was a nice challenge to play someone so heavy.

rximmortal

Hope you get better soon. Anyway i never ever played vs pro Mila player. The best was you and bannana_eater but he do not main her ^^. Add me in friend list btw :)

DrDogg

Hope you get better soon. Anyway i never ever played vs pro Mila player. The best was you and bannana_eater but he do not main her ^^. Add me in friend list btw :)

I rarely run into other Mila players. I tend to steamroll any that I come across. The only Mila players who I have trouble with are Something-Unique and Chain Gang LT. Unique I haven't played against in a really long time, and it was on PS3 before the patch, when I wasn't as good as I am now. Chain Gang and I go back and fourth. We have some really good fights, but it's online so it's tough to tell who's actually better with the character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD