Noob Akira Player!

Nuke-Nin

so after getting my ass handed to me for the 1-billionth time i said "AH HELL NAW" and went to training mode with him after 2 days i've got his BnB ender down (2P • ((Hold))3~46p) and about that lat hit:

in the prima guide which i picked up from amazon for shits and giggles it states (Which is true) that you can do 2146P instead which i found alot easier but harder because it sometimes bufferes (online) into 214P and thats slow as fuq so i get punished...

on a good day his 3H+KP466P+K can be done but i stick t the easier (1 point less) ver. the point of this thread is me begging asking for someone to lead me to the right path (WITHOUT DAT H+K BS danku)

...All i do is spam(hope for) 8K (to land) before the "BnB ender"

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
You can just do :4::6::P: after :2::P: and you'll get that ender to come out.

DOA5 is really finicky about :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: and it annoys me. If you botch it in VF5, you just get the lower damage version but it'll still connect while it'll whiff in DOA5.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
You can't avoid :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: if you want to play Akira well. Knowing you'll finish your juggles is huge. It leads to wall splats and can push them over cliffs.

Dapman

This will be my first post ever, and how I never thought I'd be making a post for a VF character ever. In any case, I'm completely new to this game and I feel I'm getting my ass beat pretty easily.

This is the first Dead or Alive game I have ever played, so there are some things I will accept almost immediately.

1. It's my first game, therefore learning and dealing with an entirely new system will take time.
2. Building familiarity with every character and their tools will also take time, and in that case I am prepared to take losses.
3. Developing quicker reactions to use/abuse the counter system.
4. I've chosen to play Akira as my first character, so in essence there's probably a bit of me that hates my wrists X_x

In any case, I've a couple questions for the vets of this board.

1. When fighting characters with quick jabs and a lot of +frame moves, what are my best tools to shut down their offence and begin my own?
2. When an opportunity to be aggressive presents itself, how to I open people up? My low options seem a bit shitty outside of :2::P:, and getting too predictable will often lead to me losing a good chunk of life to a hold.
3. Outside of my :P:, what other quick moves can I abuse that lead to advantage on block?
4. What in the name of some alien divinity is the proper method of consistently executing that damn knee on a pad? Anything bizarre that requires insanely awkward hand position will probably not be optimal, as that is quite unrealistic in the midst of certain combos.
5. :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:. I can never get this to come out consistently... EVER. What is it about this input that needs to be so precise?
6. What is the best way to continue a combo from a CH :6:K:P:?

Nuke-Nin

This will be my first post ever, and how I never thought I'd be making a post for a VF character ever. In any case, I'm completely new to this game and I feel I'm getting my ass beat pretty easily.

This is the first Dead or Alive game I have ever played, so there are some things I will accept almost immediately.

1. It's my first game, therefore learning and dealing with an entirely new system will take time.
2. Building familiarity with every character and their tools will also take time, and in that case I am prepared to take losses.
4. I've chosen to play Akira as my first character, so in essence there's probably a bit of me that hates my wrists X_x

1. When fighting characters with quick jabs and a lot of +frame moves, what are my best tools to shut down their offence and begin my own?
2. When an opportunity to be aggressive presents itself, how to I open people up? My low options seem a bit shitty outside of :2::P:, and getting too predictable will often lead to me losing a good chunk of life to a hold.
3. Outside of my :P:, what other quick moves can I abuse that lead to advantage on block?
4. What in the name of some alien divinity is the proper method of consistently executing that damn knee on a pad? Anything bizarre that requires insanely awkward hand position will probably not be optimal, as that is quite unrealistic in the midst of certain combos.
5. :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:. I can never get this to come out consistently... EVER. What is it about this input that needs to be so precise?
DOA5 or 5U?

1: Sidestep P in 5 I forgot the input in 5U he does an extra side step before the P, the KNEE is actually very good at interrupting attacks to you'll have to look for moves with slow start-ups and use that as well for a CH knee. there are more that I am forgetting sorry!
2: if they are blocking after they attack 6P+K which can lead to a 66P to start the stun off or you can try Guard break of doom! my favorite low is 6P4K the kick is a low but the back dash on 4 is very useful (to me) 3P+K
3:466P+K, 6P+K, 236P+K 3P+K 33P+K (3P+K is a low and 33P+K is a mid that in 5 force techs) 3K is useful during the mid-close range 66/666P, 3H+KP and probably others
4: on xbox I place my pointer finger on X and my middle finger on B and chip my pointer down at the bottom of X and press B and I do it fairly well, 95% but you need to find a way comfortable for you!
5: I do it this way I use the Analog for 3h+kp then quickly shift to d-pad on xbox for 466P+K
6: I would say it depends on weight class, where in the stun are you, and if it's during a juggled opponent, but if they are already in the air I use 2P 46P or you can try 66K then 2p 46p

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Nuke-nin has a few good points. You should ask SlyBass as well since he can narrow it down for you. If anything check out the guides here like Akira's Frame Data & Combos/Tips, Tricks & combos etc. (not sure if they been updated a bit for DOA5U but some good stuff you might like in there.)

Last edited:

Nuke-Nin

Nuke-nin has a few good points. You should ask SlyBass as well since he can narrow it down for you. If anything check out the guides here like Akira's Frame Data & Combos/Tips, Tricks & combos etc. (not sure if they been updated a bit for DOA5U but some good stuff you might like in there.)
u so kind :oops:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD