Pai Wishlist

Codemaster92163

With a new patch coming up, it's probably a good time to see what everyone's thoughts are on Pai, and what she needs/doesn't need in the upcoming patch.

For one, considering so many characters have followups to their SS attacks (even Akira), I would really like it if they changed either her SS P to function like her 6P+K or her SSK to function like 6K. This would give us a better opportunity to open up our opponents guard, similar to Kokoro's SSP__ string.

While everyone will always miss her vanilla 66H+K, I'd even be content with the patched version. With the additional frames of recovery, we're no longer guaranteed BT 2P+K and a slew of combos we once were able to do off of its launch.

The stun from MS P really should have better frames than it currently does. Not that it needs to be faster, but it needs less negatives on block. As it stands, anyone can beat her out on block regardless of if she decides to do MS PP or simply MS P and go into BKT. There's never been any real sense to finish the string because of that, so it would be nice if they decided to give Pai at least 1 frame advantage stance transition. I understand making a SDS (though only on CH and above) leave her at + is a bit odd, but the move itself is slow and almost always requires a failed counter on the opponents part to connect.

Having her HKS stance count as a SS (since she does a tiny dash to one side or the other upon use) would be awesome. Not that she would always be stepping, but only for the few frames in which the parry portion is also active.

Let 3P track. Most characters have moves that track on the first hit that can later continue into a string. The only move of Pai's that is like that is 44KK, and it's a fairly terrible move. 3P is slow, so we won't be getting a huge edge, but we'd have better tools than just random 4Ks against characters like Christie with ducking a SS.

Though I don't think they would be allowed to do it, making the punches from MS H+KPK mid instead of high would let us use that move against players again. As it stands, the H+K portion doesn't give us enough frames to use BT 2P+K to punish their duck/lows, and most players automatically low jab straight out of it. This change isn't really necessary, but I'd like to see this move have more uses than it does, which currently amounts to almost nothing.

HCH combo damage off of her 46T. Currently, her only throw that maintains the HCH properties off the throw are 24T. I can understand not giving it to 64T since the opponent becomes BT, but I can't quite understand why 46T doesn't follow 24T's example. Not a necessary change, but it would help with our damage output.

For some little things that I would like to see, a smaller recovery off of her 3PKH cancel, but that's not a big deal. A low OH (that acts like her 3T) from HKS would be great too, but that's probably never going to happen, even though the throw itself does no damage and guarantees basically nothing.

What are your thoughts? Anything you'd like for TN to add/change?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD