Pai's Evasiveness

Codemaster92163

So, not sure how many of you had known this, but I didn't until just recently. When you're in her crouching Bokuo-like stance (forget the name of it), her low sweep ( :K: ) ducks highs and mids while her :P::+::K: does the same, though to a lesser extent and requires better timing.

Not that it offers you anything that just blocking won't accomplish, but when an opponent is on the ground, you can do either her low sweep to crush the mid wake-up kick or do :F::+::K: to crush the low and get a free juggle.

Again, some of you may have known this, but I hadn't seen it mentioned, so I figured I'd just throw that out there so those of you who didn't know might want to use those moves a little more often now. The same can be said of her :1::F::+::K: actually, though it has to have been used a little before the opponent tries to hit you. Strict timing and what-not.

Allan Paris

Those moves will crush from her Bokutai but transitioning into the stance is not safe. Someone with the reflexes or someone who hits the buttons will knock you out of the move. Only certain mids it will crush, typically mids with a small hit box or the hit box of the mid is not low enough.

You are also taking a stupid risk to go into that stance to bait and possibly beat out a wake up kick. Pai is rewarded more for making a correct guess on holding low or mid kick. Just one of the options from her Bokutai allows her juggling possibilities. Crushing the mid causes the same situation that you are in all over again, guessing on which wake up will come out with minimal damage done.

I wouldn't use 3F+K either, it will back fire on you more than you'll get it off. I use to personally try this one a lot.

synce

In training bokutai seems great but in actual match I tend to get beat out of it unless I use it when they're already stunned :p

Codemaster92163

Never said it was practical when the opponent was waking up, and in fact mentioned that blocking was a better option, so that last comment was irrelevant. That said, it's still information, and amazingly useful or not, it still may help in certain situations for some of the players (and has helped me a few times), so it's better to share it than not.

Allan Paris

Never said it was practical when the opponent was waking up, and in fact mentioned that blocking was a better option, so that last comment was irrelevant. That said, it's still information, and amazingly useful or not, it still may help in certain situations for some of the players (and has helped me a few times), so it's better to share it than not.

Oh I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? I sense a little attitude.

I didn't say it was impractical but I did give information just as you did on the technical side of what you are talking about. Whether this is useful or not to anyone is up to players who decide to use it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD