DOA5LR PC version controller advice

Randzz

To those getting PC/Steam version of DoA5LR, as title implies, what would be a good controller to use on it? It's generally been my impression that PC controllers for those oh so few fighters on PC are generally crap.

I have an Xb1 controller, so far I vastly prefer it's Dpad to the old wired 360 controller I had, but the real litmus test will be once the game hits. I'm hopeful that either my Hori Ex2 Turbo (360) or the MLG controller that I use on PS3 will work, but in case they don't I want some options.

Thanx in advance

DontForkWitMe

If its like every other PC port the game will default to xbox button layout when any pad is connected so i suggest the Xb1 controller since its dpad is vastly superior to the horrible 360 dpad and it got official driver support that allows you to simply connect it to your pc with a usb cable and automatically works once plugged in without use of other programs and such like playstation controllers have to have on pc

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
If its like every other PC port the game will default to xbox button layout when any pad is connected so i suggest the Xb1 controller since its dpad is vastly superior to the horrible 360 dpad and it got official driver support that allows you to simply connect it to your pc with a usb cable and automatically works once plugged in without use of other programs and such like playstation controllers have to have on pc
Oh wow, I didn't even know that. Even though I prefer the PlayStation controller, I think it's neat that the XB1 controller will automatically work on PC.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
I have a question somewhat related to this topic...

Does the Razer Atrox fightstick for xbone work with PC? I've heard that it is only partially compatible. Thanks!

Hazard

Standard Donor
I have a question somewhat related to this topic...

Does the Razer Atrox fightstick for xbone work with PC? I've heard that it is only partially compatible. Thanks!

I would assume so, since digitally it's just an Xbox One controller, right? So I would assume that it would have the same controller drivers as the actual, or else the Xbox One wouldn't be able to read it.
Then again, that's just a theory.

d3v

Any XBox One stick on the PC is going to have problems with the triggers. It's a Microsoft thing.

For pad, the DualShock 4 works on the PC, however some programs that specifically require the 360 pad only wont recognize it. For that, just get DS4Windows to make the OS think that it's a 360 pad. Bonus points for also making it recognize the touchpad.

NightAntilli

Any XBox One stick on the PC is going to have problems with the triggers. It's a Microsoft thing.
The trigger problems are selective. My triggers don't work properly in Assassin's Creed II, but they work fine in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Woozy

I'll be sticking with my DS3 for now, unless it somehow works with my DS2. Maybe I'll use my stick on occasion too.

Kite

I'll be using my xbox 360 controller mainly because I'm more used to it and fits my hands better than my DS3 controller.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD