Playing The New Wakeup Game

MajesticBlue

Ok, as you all know there has been a lot of talk about pseudo force tech and the ground game in general. There is no way to see what everybody has unless we go out looking for it so I will get us started here. I will be honest, I looked into this before. I figured since you can tech after the heavy knock down and having so many i frames on tech it would be useful to get some frame advantage but nothing too big. Also the fact that if you wanted to do something you need to time it really well.

Moves that cause hard knock down:
8KK.
6KP
PP4PK
PP4P2P ???
1PK ???

So where do we go from here? Well, we need to see what we have when they refuse to tech. I only found one reliable option. 7K. This should hit them if the do nothing. Sometimes it will miss depending on how late in the juggle you use your knock down though. It is a recovery issue.

Yay! They didn't tech! Now wat? As you can see they are now on the other side of the screen and you sit at plus 9. You can use this pretty much however you see fit. Essentialy the situation is back to neutral for the most part. You can try and hunt them down with 3F+K or Ongyoin shenanigans or what have you.

Oh noes! I wiffed 7K! Now you done did it! Regardless of when they teched you now sit at massive frame disadvantage. Like 12 frame throw big. In a twisted kind of way this is a good thing. It gives them a reason to tech.

They keep teching my 7K! Help me! So you are getting them to tech huh? Well now you can do whatever the hell you want to them as long as you time and or read them right. You just need to get the feel of how long their i frames last. Some good options are:

SSK. Yeah this sounds really weird. Something about the timing is just right though. This move will beat out 9 frame jabbers or anybody who just trys to mash something out on wake up. If you get the move off you get a free air throw and pretty good damage on counter hit. If they block you are only at -1.

214P. If you time this right this is a pretty good option. Plus if they block it you get advantage.

3F+K. Same as above. Can lead into another knock down mixup.

33P4. Hard to time. You might be able to do crazy Ongyoin stuff with this or 6P+K4. If they continue or wakeup into a block you can use his ongyoin throw.

334T Try and OH them I guess?

I'm sure somebody out there can find some cool stuff if they mess with this. This is all just obvious stuff.

But I'm a SUPER NINJA!
Here is another option you have if they choose not to tech. Ryu, being Ryu, can take advantage of another little oki game I found on accident. Chances are it is dumb. It is fun to do though. Anyways, instead of using 7K tech them you can go for grounded 2P. Hmmm what is soo special about it? It is only 10 damage. The thing is it leaves him crouching. So he has his WS mixups. After you do 1P, If you think they will get up and block you can OH them. If you think they will mash out a wakeup kick go for 9P and hop over them. Mostly it is just something to mess around with.

Anything worth doing in there? I dunno. We have to mess around and find out.

SilverForte

I don't know if this applies in 5, but in Dimensions I found a lot of people like to attack after getting force teched, so using the OH afterward could come in handy, if they start getting wise thats when you pull out other things.

shinryu

I had some success with 1pk in testing as a pseudo. Both hits are techable so you have to watch out but if they're trained to tech one or both you can start exploiting that. I have no idea how hard this is to do for Busa but he may be able to get an uncounterable (as in, cannot be beat by a strike) throw after an opponent techs, meaning they're going to have to make a hard choice between a mid and 41236f+p to Izuna if you time it right. If they don't tech you have considerable advantage after it hits. I think there might be something to ppp2k (I think) but haven't tested.

Brute

Standard Donor
I had some success with 1pk in testing as a pseudo. Both hits are techable so you have to watch out but if they're trained to tech one or both you can start exploiting that. I have no idea how hard this is to do for Busa but he may be able to get an uncounterable (as in, cannot be beat by a strike) throw after an opponent techs, meaning they're going to have to make a hard choice between a mid and 41236f+p to Izuna if you time it right. If they don't tech you have considerable advantage after it hits. I think there might be something to ppp2k (I think) but haven't tested.
Sorry, it's late, so I may just be totally off my rocker, but by "cannot be beaten by strike [...] throw"do you mean an OH? If so, he's only got one, and it's not very hard to duck under due to the obvious start-up animation.
Also, what is ppp2k? I only recall Ryu having a low kick from punch with PP2KP.

MajesticBlue

Did anybody change their bnb to try these out? You don't sacrifice much damage at all. Other then his smaller launchers, all you do is change air grab into pp4pk if I remember right. When I was putting together my brief guide I found one untechable. At least I think it might be an untechable. I can't remember If I posted it but I will go ahead and do so here.

OngyoinK 8P PP4PK (untechable) it worked on a high counter Kasumi I think. I thought it wasn't that good because of the conditions, being high counter on light or feather weight. Maybe you have time to CB! then manual OngyoinK. Just throwing that out there. I doubt it is very useful.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD