possible gamemodes and extras at launch

juliusxcix

i cant remember which gamemodes came with doa5 vanilla but i hope they bring back doa5u’s combochallenge. it really helped me grasp the basics of a new character and it’d suck for that to be removed. also, i hope the titles stay. it was the little bit of public customization in doa5 and i thought it was nice.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope these modes return with the following adjustments:

-Arcade with all the same AI difficulties, but you can choose between a timed arcade(time attack) or a point based one to keep the mode selection less bulky. It should also allow us to enable throwdown as well

-Combo challenge but make it more complex and give us more combos. Maybe make a timed mode where you have to do all the combos in one go and you compete to see how quickly you can perform them.

-Spectator mode, but remove photo mode, there's no point since screenshots are better quality than the in game camera xD

-Titles should return but make them less corny and more flashy and more easily accessible like how Tekken and SF does, since not everyone has time to play like 100+ matches in one day to get the best Kasumi title xD

-The music selection mode but bring back ALL tracks from every game, including remixes and the Dimensions tracks and boss tracks. Also they should let us set the training mode music to "stages" if we want as well, I thought that was an annoying oversight.

-Bring back survival but bring back the collection mechanic like how DOA2 and DOA2U had, that made it way more fun imo

-Maybe add a gallery mode since T7 and SFV and SC6 will have them so we can view renders, artwork and other stuff, and maybe even a 3D model viewer like the Warriors Orochi games.

-Maybe a preferences mode so we can set what options we want to start on, like if I want to play as Kasumi in a specific costume with a certain hairstyle, you could do that since SFV has that.

In online mode when waiting for a match after setting preferences, you should be able to practice in like an open space while you wait like Tekken does so it gives you something to do other than just wait and stare at the screen the whole time.

-Finally a little sound mode would be neat so you can listen to a character's voice clips set at your leisure like how KOFXIV has in their game and like SC used to do as well. It's not needed but it seems like a cool idea imo.

juliusxcix

I hope these modes return with the following adjustments:

-Arcade with all the same AI difficulties, but you can choose between a timed arcade(time attack) or a point based one to keep the mode selection less bulky. It should also allow us to enable throwdown as well

-Combo challenge but make it more complex and give us more combos. Maybe make a timed mode where you have to do all the combos in one go and you compete to see how quickly you can perform them.

-Spectator mode, but remove photo mode, there's no point since screenshots are better quality than the in game camera xD

-Titles should return but make them less corny and more flashy and more easily accessible like how Tekken and SF does, since not everyone has time to play like 100+ matches in one day to get the best Kasumi title xD

-The music selection mode but bring back ALL tracks from every game, including remixes and the Dimensions tracks and boss tracks. Also they should let us set the training mode music to "stages" if we want as well, I thought that was an annoying oversight.

-Bring back survival but bring back the collection mechanic like how DOA2 and DOA2U had, that made it way more fun imo

-Maybe add a gallery mode since T7 and SFV and SC6 will have them so we can view renders, artwork and other stuff, and maybe even a 3D model viewer like the Warriors Orochi games.

-Maybe a preferences mode so we can set what options we want to start on, like if I want to play as Kasumi in a specific costume with a certain hairstyle, you could do that since SFV has that.

In online mode when waiting for a match after setting preferences, you should be able to practice in like an open space while you wait like Tekken does so it gives you something to do other than just wait and stare at the screen the whole time.

-Finally a little sound mode would be neat so you can listen to a character's voice clips set at your leisure like how KOFXIV has in their game and like SC used to do as well. It's not needed but it seems like a cool idea imo.
i actually like the grind with some of the titles but the “win 5000 matches as ______” is just.... insane. 1000 should be the max.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
i actually like the grind with some of the titles but the “win 5000 matches as ______” is just.... insane. 1000 should be the max.
Yeah I agree as well, I mean once I get where I need to be I'll be playing alot but I do have a job and college next semester to worry about xD Also instead of titles just showing up in intros before a match, why not have them as mini cute icons under health bars as well, I like how Tekken did that. And titles could also be just full mini pics as well too like I would love a title that is Kasumi's eyes icon like how they were in DOA4

411129-dead-or-alive-4-xbox-360-screenshot-kyoto-in-bloom-level.png

Idk why but I love those little portraits, never understood why they had them in arcade 5U but not DOA5LR >.> They would be much cooler than just the little quotes and saying titles imo

P2p1mbs

I would like to see a return of collectible items in survival mode like in DOAU where every character has their own unique items to pick up after beating an opponent in survival and collecting everything will grant some unlockables. The different collectible items actually encouraged me to play every character (even those I hate) just to get everything unlocked.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I would like to see a return of collectible items in survival mode like in DOAU where every character has their own unique items to pick up after beating an opponent in survival and collecting everything will grant some unlockables. The different collectible items actually encouraged me to play every character (even those I hate) just to get everything unlocked.

Yeah more effort than a million guitars and chocolate bars.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD