[PS4]Throwdowns would stop and freeze my game

Zack117

Standard Donor
I hope this is the right sub-forum for this matter.

The throwdowns in this game frustrate me since release. It bothers me since throwdowns in training mode were the most consistent way in Ultimate to meet new players - at least for me.

I have a weird glitch going on with my PS4 version:
I would go into training mode with active throwdowns (solo fight), select characters and stage. The text "searching for opponents" would flash in the right bottom of the screen while in training and after a while (about 2-5 minutes) it would just disappear, never to return. Regardless if I've found an opponent and/or fought him before.
Then I would pause the game and select to return to the main menu. But right after that I get this never ending black screen with the red flashing circle in the bottom right. That's it. I get stuck in there and have to completely restart the game by closing the application.
And this happens EVERY TIME. If I get lucky I find someone to play with before this happens. But shortly after that, it would always stop continuing the search - forcing me to repeat the whole process over and over again by restarting the game.
Same goes for arcade mode with throwdowns.

Does anyone else has this problem? Maybe I should delete my savegame (I made a whole new save for ps4, no import)but before doing that, I wanted make sure that there is no workaround.

Explicitly searching for ranked matches in the online menu does not work for me. It takes forever to find someone despite my search criteria being "any on everything". Maybe I am just not patient enough. Throwdowns in training mode have worked much better for me since Ultimate.

Also, I wonder how you guys are utilizing the matchmaking of that game. Maybe there is a quicker way to find people.

Xevren

You aren't alone, I have had massive issues with connecting to people on Throwdown and experience what you are describing in training mode as well. I feel like the matchmaking itself is busted or I'm just missing something. Due to all that I just do lobbies and the online has been better, hopefully they will get it fixed...

Zack117

Standard Donor
Yes, I'm currently using the explicit matchmaking for ranked. It takes some minutes to find someone, but at least it works better as opposed to throwdowns.

But even the ranked match search is broken. Sometimes (after about 3 matches) I cannot find anyone for about 5 minutes. Then I press circle while it is searching, and it freezes as well. Then the text says just "connecting" and the white circle keeps on flashing forever. Again, forcing me to restart the game.

Man, what a travesty. I hope TN knows about these issues on ps4. Perhaps we should contact them.

What is the best way to get in touch with them regarding such technical issues?

Mokyu

I noticed my game does the never ending loading screen when I played versus and training occasionally. Never thought it had to deal with throwdowns being turned on

Shiranui

I hope this is the right sub-forum for this matter.

The throwdowns in this game frustrate me since release. It bothers me since throwdowns in training mode were the most consistent way in Ultimate to meet new players - at least for me.

I have a weird glitch going on with my PS4 version:
I would go into training mode with active throwdowns (solo fight), select characters and stage. The text "searching for opponents" would flash in the right bottom of the screen while in training and after a while (about 2-5 minutes) it would just disappear, never to return. Regardless if I've found an opponent and/or fought him before.
Then I would pause the game and select to return to the main menu. But right after that I get this never ending black screen with the red flashing circle in the bottom right. That's it. I get stuck in there and have to completely restart the game by closing the application.
And this happens EVERY TIME. If I get lucky I find someone to play with before this happens. But shortly after that, it would always stop continuing the search - forcing me to repeat the whole process over and over again by restarting the game.
Same goes for arcade mode with throwdowns.

Does anyone else has this problem? Maybe I should delete my savegame (I made a whole new save for ps4, no import)but before doing that, I wanted make sure that there is no workaround.

Explicitly searching for ranked matches in the online menu does not work for me. It takes forever to find someone despite my search criteria being "any on everything". Maybe I am just not patient enough. Throwdowns in training mode have worked much better for me since Ultimate.

Also, I wonder how you guys are utilizing the matchmaking of that game. Maybe there is a quicker way to find people.
Yes, that happens a lot. I couldn't say why. But sometimes throwdowns just dissapaer in the middle of arcade game and you have to restart Arcade to setup throwdowns again, but then the game frozen and you have to close the game and re-start it. Last Round release is a very big FAILURE. Let's wait for its patch and that everything gets fixed. What else can we do?

Reikou

Yes, I'm currently using the explicit matchmaking for ranked. It takes some minutes to find someone, but at least it works better as opposed to throwdowns.

But even the ranked match search is broken. Sometimes (after about 3 matches) I cannot find anyone for about 5 minutes. Then I press circle while it is searching, and it freezes as well. Then the text says just "connecting" and the white circle keeps on flashing forever. Again, forcing me to restart the game.

Man, what a travesty. I hope TN knows about these issues on ps4. Perhaps we should contact them.

What is the best way to get in touch with them regarding such technical issues?

I have this issue as well where matchmaking hangs forever.

However I've had some good luck with throwdowns.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I enabled Throwdowns once and it didn't freeze my game. The only issue I had was that I was lagging the entire match, but that's because my Internet connection is complete shit.

Crext

Standard Donor
It works great here, but it requires a little of "know how" to get the system to function probably I believe.

For example, if someone else disconnect during startup you'd be thrown back into training mode, and you won't get any matches before you close application and restart the game (truth be told it only takes 15 seconds to do that these days, use the PS button and close application => wait 2 sec => start game). Quiting won't work as it will freeze in loading.

This is also true for ranked searches in general. If someone disconnect, or even decline a match at startup, you'd be thrown back into the queue without the possibility to get a new match, and you might even mess it up for others as well. You then have to restart the application (game). I think I went 20 games straight yesterday with an average 10 sec queue, but before that I struggled to get a match per minute, restarted like 10 times an hour, probably because there was so many duds bulking up the system (speculation).

Knowing these little "tricks" will help you out greatly though:

A good way to check if you are "stuck" in ranked search is if you cancel and see if you end back up in the lobby. If you don't it is frozen => restart. For throwdowns it is easier to spot as the "searching for players" will seize to function all together. Note however that it may be temporarily because you are inactive in the game (try move around for 3 sec).

Also, don't "spam" menu choices, this will also make it freeze. Take a 0,5 second pause before you continue (from just about any menu).

If you are in throwdown mode, try accept the game instantly (within 2 sec) after the option pops up. If you fail this too will count as a "decline" and you'll mess up both your own queue, and the one who tried to do battle with you.

Also, don't decline other people in general, even if they have bad connection indicator. Odds are that the connection will be just fine even if it is at 0, also you'd make other peoples games crash when doing so.

Those are the notes I've made so far. Follow these guidelines and you'll return to fast paste none stop action queues before you know, until that one **** declines you and freeze your game (you have no control over that).

Best of luck. :)

Reikou

Patch just came out for PS4 that apparently fixes matchmaking issues.

I played for about an hour and I think they've (mostly) been resolved.

Crext

Standard Donor
Do you download it? I tried going online, and I can't find anything. TKEurope said it was online 4 hours ago.

Zack117

Standard Donor
Since pretty much everyone except EU has already received the patch 1.02, which should fix this travesty, I wondered what the exact technical requirements for receiving this patch are. Just out of interest. Maybe it will be of use in the future.

My guess it's either the IP address or the game/console device itself (NTSC/JAP?) even though I am not sure about the latter as region codes don't exist on PS4.

At first I was planning to make use of my VPN service and go online with an american IP, hoping to initiate the download of 1.02 so I can finally play with certain people from my friend list but then I realized that I won't be able to play anyone else in EU anymore.

Then again, Helena is currently available for free so my Core Fighters 1.02 from the US store can co-exist with my EU disc version 1.01

I just hope the time difference for future patch roll-outs will not be that big as the community is being splitted that way. Actually I don't understand why there is such a difference in the first place.

Crext

Standard Donor
Since pretty much everyone except EU has already received the patch 1.02

Why don't Team Ninja love us anymore?

heartbroken-1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD