System Quick way to KBD better!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, let me be clear. I can KBD once after a single backdash. I CANNOT do repetitions though. That's always inconsistent. The window is just too small and Bayman tells me that shit isn't happening.

In DOA5U I don't always need to though. A neat thing is that :214: is also the perfect buffer for his back roll, so I can link backdash into a single KBD into a backroll. This doesn't work for every situation you would want it to though. If that roll executed with just an inch more clearance, Bayman would be probably a tier higher than he is.

Kohlrak

Bringing the post back, as i'm having trouble. i'm trying to do 214 with Kokoro and Marie, and it just isn't happening. I tried doing the 21 thing, and that doesn't help either. I tried rolling back and forth (stick), but, alas, that doesn't work. One thing that did work for me, and only for p1 side, and very inconsistantly, is smacking the stick repeatedly into that spot between 2 and 1. This is a good way to ruin my stick, and it's not very consistant. Anyone have a video with an actual PS3 controller (being recorded) going at the slowest rate that it still works? I'm just having no luck here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Bringing the post back, as i'm having trouble. i'm trying to do 214 with Kokoro and Marie, and it just isn't happening. I tried doing the 21 thing, and that doesn't help either. I tried rolling back and forth (stick), but, alas, that doesn't work. One thing that did work for me, and only for p1 side, and very inconsistantly, is smacking the stick repeatedly into that spot between 2 and 1. This is a good way to ruin my stick, and it's not very consistant. Anyone have a video with an actual PS3 controller (being recorded) going at the slowest rate that it still works? I'm just having no luck here.

Did you try :214::1::4::1:... like everyone else suggested?

Kohlrak

Did you try :214::1::4::1:... like everyone else suggested?

I just did and the best i got was "the teabag backdash," which is supposedly fixed. When i got my right hand on the stick, i rattled my controller in such a way that i did 247 which worked, but that ain't gonna work in the middle of a fight.

I've been trying to grasp this technique for a little while, this thread is extremely helpful.

How fast do you have to input the 214 motions? Should the stick be returned to neutral after each 214? I didn't realise the timing varied by character, I'm using Hayabusa.

As Kohlrak mentioned, are there any vids of someone recording their hands while doing this?

Tones

Premium Donor
Protip: Start your KBD with 4 so you go 4214214 and be ready to cancel with a 5/1/2f a side step, or a whiff punish. Also, get a stick.

80% of us in Australia use a stick. Meaning we are dexterous with our movement and attacks. Meaning watch out because spacing changes very quickly. Meaning KBD or die.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD