Rig's Best Moves

Lei

You brought up Rikuto, not me.

Reading comprehension:

"6KK4 you can go with the string all day but as soon as they know the string they will block the mid and throw out a high crush and it's free. How do I know because rikuto does this all day as well as everyone else once they know."

Most characters do not have a mid-hitting high crush that's fast enough to beat out BND 4K. If they use a low attack to high crush, BND 8K crushes that and juggles. In the few instances in which a character has a mid-hitting high crush that is faster than i14, that's a match-up specific issue and has nothing to do with this thread or the conversation at hand.

Options that beat both 5K and 4K
-------------------------------------------------
Fang : 1P, 1p+K
Helena : P+K, [3]P
Mila: 1H+K
Bass: step->p
Elliot: 7P,
Hayabusa: WR 4K, 1P+K
Jan Lee: Step K
All i9 jabs

*i10 jabs will trade leaving you at +27

This is taking to account you also do 5K follow up. Not even the entire cast, I can continue if you would like. That's some testing.

DrDogg

Reading comprehension:

"6KK4 you can go with the string all day but as soon as they know the string they will block the mid and throw out a high crush and it's free. How do I know because rikuto does this all day as well as everyone else once they know."

Perhaps you should practice some reading comprehension yourself? Or did I completely miss the part where I brought up Rikuto fist? >_>

Options that beat both 5K and 4K
-------------------------------------------------
Fang : 1P, 1p+K
Helena : P+K, [3]P
Mila: 1H+K
Bass: step->p
Elliot: 7P,
Hayabusa: WR 4K, 1P+K
Jan Lee: Step K
All i9 jabs

*i10 jabs will trade leaving you at +27

This is taking to account you also do 5K follow up. Not even the entire cast, I can continue if you would like. That's some testing.

And I'll bring up reading comprehension one more time. I specifically stated that some characters can crush it with a mid. You listed some of those characters and then started talking about stepping, high attacks and even a low. And you have the nerve to talk about my reading comprehension.

Fang/Helena/Hayabusa: Match-up issue.
Mila: Not a mid.
Bass/Jann Lee: Every character can step... why would you even bring that up?
Eliot: Not a mid.
All i9 jabs: Not mids.

Lei

Perhaps you should practice some reading comprehension yourself? Or did I completely miss the part where I brought up Rikuto fist? >_>

And I'll bring up reading comprehension one more time. I specifically stated that some characters can crush it with a mid. You listed some of those characters and then started talking about stepping, high attacks and even a low. And you have the nerve to talk about my reading comprehension.

Fang/Helena/Hayabusa: Match-up issue.
Mila: Not a mid.
Bass/Jann Lee: Every character can step... why would you even bring that up?
Eliot: Not a mid.
All i9 jabs: Not mids.

A) i never brought up wins/losses against a specific individual. That was the point that's why I responded to you with "not the point".

B)Every character can't step a interrupt 4KK/KK and I listed examples. The fact is i didn't even go through most of the cast. Which most of the cast has options. You have terrible labwork and lack of solidifying situations. It's still terrible(BND throw). There is nothing to say to you that will make you think otherwise. Why? I have no idea.

Good day sir I am done here.

DrDogg

B)Every character can't step a interrupt 4KK/KK and I listed examples. The fact is i didn't even go through most of the cast. Which most of the cast has options. You have terrible labwork and lack of solidifying situations. It's still terrible(BND throw). There is nothing to say to you that will make you think otherwise. Why? I have no idea.

While you are correct that Jann Lee's step K and Bass' step P will beat out BND K or BND 4K (both linear attacks), BND 3K and BND Throw (the two BND step killers I mentioned in my original post) beat both options. That's why I said any character can step. If you anticipate the opponent will step, you use one of Rig's two BND step killers. This is not a hard concept if you weren't so set in trying to make me appear incorrect.

As I said, I've done my homework. It seems you're the one with terrible lab work... >_>

Chris Harris

Okay let me help here.

Although you can beat his options with "some" characters trying to beat it out without sitting there waiting for it will get you killed. You aren't gonna just stop it on reaction every single time considering the many different transitions he can use it with. He also has moves he can use to spin into transition which also have attacks on top of doing nothing/free canceling.

DrDogg

Okay let me help here.

Although you can beat his options with "some" characters trying to beat it out without sitting there waiting for it will get you killed. You aren't gonna just stop it on reaction every single time considering the many different transitions he can use it with. He also has moves he can use to spin into transition which also have attacks on top of doing nothing/free canceling.

He doesn't like the spin transition attacks. I already mentioned those and this is the response I got.

6KK4 is terrible on block and hit you're better off poke with 4K(-1 on block +5 on hit even after stance feint) and on CH gives you launcher options or even 4PP

Essentially, if you don't play Rig the way he thinks the character should be played, he says you're wrong. It's how the DOA community works. Fun times...

Supersonic

not to bring up the BND Throw debate again, but there are times, specifically against Helena, that i feel after doing that throw i am at huge disadvantage. now, i dont know much about her (nor can i truly check this right now as my xbox is busted) but i think she has some kind of high crush that can hit mid or something. Because when i try to KK after throw, she ducks, when i try to 2H+K out of it, she hits me before i can hit her, and when i do my 8K, she still hits me before my foot comes down. is 4K the answer to that, or should i just not throw Helena from Bending anymore? lol

DrDogg

not to bring up the BND Throw debate again, but there are times, specifically against Helena, that i feel after doing that throw i am at huge disadvantage. now, i dont know much about her (nor can i truly check this right now as my xbox is busted) but i think she has some kind of high crush that can hit mid or something. Because when i try to KK after throw, she ducks, when i try to 2H+K out of it, she hits me before i can hit her, and when i do my 8K, she still hits me before my foot comes down. is 4K the answer to that, or should i just not throw Helena from Bending anymore? lol

Helena is a special case because she's more evasive than most characters. As Chris said, 4K and 6K will beat her main crush (P+K), and 3K will trade with it (although she retains advantage). But she can still BKO duck in all three cases. However if you anticipate the BKO duck you can use 2H+K or 2K. If she attempts to do instant BKO 6P, you'll still beat her out with 4K and 6K.

zepidus

It's hard to pull off online but I've gotten 163 damage with this combo:

From BND stance: 7K ~ P+K ~ 8P ~ P ~ P+K into 1P+K ( where ult burst is available )

You can also do the leg kick throw instead of the Burst to finish, giving you about 123 damage

From BND stance: 7K ~ P+K ~ 8P ~ P ~ P+K into 9K ~ 4KK and finish the leg throw

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD