So, he's a SUPER NINJA?!

Allan Paris

Please tell me how?

Exhibit A:

This how you suck with Hayabusa. Do not apply Busa as this bum ass player is doing, thank you. You'll get a lot farther than he ever will. I give you my word on that. Oh yeah, good Busa players let the new guys know why this Busa was a failure although he did manage to hit me with a raw ass PB, HAHAHA no setup to it at all and HE STILL LOST!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm not even going to give this guy the honor of a gameplay breakdown. He's just throwing shit out regardless of position and what you're doing. Doing random shit like that does get you wins sometimes but he's hit his skill ceiling already. It's funny though because at one point he seemed to get excited that he might get a CB and then just fucked it up anyway.

shinryu

Not that this guy doesn't suck, but there's some kind of jihad going on here, damn. This is like four different character forums he's showed up in. Also, maybe he's just stupidly laggy?

Chaos

He needs to learn how to use the Ongyoin correcly, you can't just throw it out and hope for the best.

TakedaZX

He wasn't terrible. He at least knew some juggles, granted he only knew one CB setup. His Onygion game was phenomenally terrible. If you're going to do anything with Onygoin, never from across the map especially when you can SEE the opponent free stepping. Also Onygoin 6p is the best way to close distance safely. If he did that, instead of hoping that his Dynamic Entry© would land on you. He should've also added some guard break pressure with 66k, 4pk, and 3h+k.

Brute

Standard Donor
Was he trying to play the poke-stun game with Ryu?
That's... new.

I'm honestly surprised that style of play netted him 2 round wins. He had 0 regard for spacing or ongyoin use. I'm not really sure what to make of this video.

Chaos

Was he trying to play the poke-stun game with Ryu?
That's... new.

I'm honestly surprised that style of play netted him 2 round wins. He had 0 regard for spacing or ongyoin use. I'm not really sure what to make of this video.
The poke stun game does not work well with Ryu...NOT AT ALL.

MajesticBlue

He didn't use enough Jyu punch or up 3. That is his main problem. He did get the shining wizard though When you were done with him you should have stomped on him and called a medic.

As far as the match went. He had no respect for the matchup. Where you afraid of Izuna holds AP? The only reason I ask is becuase I feel you gave Ryu too much respect. Another thing is even though his new stuff is a gimmick he still should have gone for it. So no use of any new tools at all. Needed more 33P mixups.

*Random Matchup info*
Hayate vs Ryu is a weird matchup. The only real tool Ryu has is his Izuna holds in the matchup. Hayate can beat out everything he does and Ryu can't crush him. Like when I see the player go for 2P 6P. Ryu's 6p is far too slow and Hayate can beat him out of it at neutral in so many ways. 6P is now -9 on block, it can be hit confirmed into 6PK but that is very hard and also a high. I kind of feel his pain because you have to use 6P though. If the Ryu player does not take advantage of Izuna counters the matchup easily goes to Hayate. imo. The only other thing Hayate has to worry about is Ryu has good throw punishment. Throw punishment goes both ways though. Other then his guard breaks EVERYTHING Ryu has that is worth going for is unsafe. So Hayate can make him eat 72 points of damage everytime he goes for something.

Now, when you have a legit Ryu player who can take advantage of Izuna holds the lines get kind of blurred. The fact that he can get insane damage in 1 frame means that Hayate has to limit his own tool set for his own risk vs reward purposes. I think the way you veiw holds determines the match up. If you see them as blatant guessing or option selecting, the risk involved in using the tool is very high. Since matchup charts are determined by the highest level of play, if you go with he will only use them in situations where it is optimal to use them, it becomes a sweep for Ryu.

So on paper the matchup is highly in Ryu's favor. In practice the Ryu player has to do a lot of work and take a lot of risk to use said tools. When your best tool is a hold things get confusing lol. Is it just guessing and can you rely on it to win? He feels a lot like Doa4/D Bayman to me. Just without a useful OH or legit string mixup. Ryu has guard breaks though, but if you guess wrong after them you die. At least he has that going for him hahahah.

I know nobody asked for this but I was bored. At one point I wanted to do his matchups for everybody. My Doa fire does not burn as brightly as it did in the past though. Not to mention maybe I have no clue what I am talking about. No point in trying to BS everybody.

Brute

Standard Donor
I dunno, Majestic. Hayate has a large array of kicks at his disposal, several of them great crushes as well. A smart Hayate player will know Ryu is going for those Izuna holds, and will opt for kicks instead. If Ryu continues to anticipate Izuna counters from punches, the match won't go well for him at all.

I'd say on paper and in practice Hayate holds the advantage. But obviously as with any match, it's mostly dictated by each player's skill.

Like I said before: As I understand it, Allan is a great DOA player (never played him myself, but reputation commends him). The fact that this Ryu player took even two matches is very surprising with that play.

MajesticBlue

The trick is "on paper" doesn't exist.

When you consider the fact that almost anymove Ryu throws out that gives him any reward (Minus spamming guard breaks, but like i said that really does not work, or give him enough damage to matter) Hayate can throw punish for 72 damage.

When you mention his large array of kicks, you forgot to mention that most of them are very safe as well. Safe with good reward. The only thing that gives Ryu the advantage is the amount of potential damage he can get with his holds. If Ryu can get Hayate to start going for his kicks, Ryu now has a slight speed advantage.

I will be honest. I think Ryu has very few good matchups at all, if any lol.

Brute

Standard Donor
If Ryu can get Hayate to start going for his kicks, Ryu now has a slight speed advantage.
"Slight" is the keyword. xD

I will be honest. I think Ryu has very few good matchups at all, if any lol.
I love going up against Bass for precisely this reason. Not to say that it's an easy match-up, but it's one of the few match-ups where you're not hounded with vastly superior speed pressure from start to finish. In my experience, Ryu's also got a decent edge on Bayman, and shockingly even Pai. Although Pai's speed puts Ryu at a huge "up-close" disadvantage, her lackluster range allows Ryu to play the spacing game, which is where he excels.

Allan Paris

Not scared of Izuna Drops but I was on the look out for them. I ducked one of them. I also stopped caring to play once he began switching his characters trying to beat me with gimmicks. His knowledge on how to play is extremely limited as it is with his main. That knowledge diminished the moment he played this character. As you saw his only means of doing any real damage was to CB me. All the other stuff was him just throwing shit out and trying to work a soggy ass yomi game on me.

I am glad that you guys are pointing out his flaws with Ryu. Maybe he reads this thread and learns what he did wrong and gets better from the tips on what he should be doing.

After the matches I played with him I think he is beyond a medic's help.

MajesticBlue

The first paragraph was all Tekken talk xD. Since Takeda saying Dynamic Entry reminded me of Lars. The stomping and medic part was one of his win poses.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD