So how do you fight against Akira?

DR2K

Had trouble fighing him in VF5 and he returns in DOA5. What are his weaknesses?

Raansu

I'd say his biggest weakness is he's pretty linear. I think he's only got like 4 moves that actually track so he's pretty easy to side step. His bread n butter is his frame trap jabs like p and 2p so he's kind of easy to read. He's got some good setups but he relies pretty hardcore on the stun game but his stuns don't last very long.

Dat Nyucah

Like Raansu said, he definitely can be easy to read, but also his p and 2p are not as strong tools as they are in VF (not as much frame advantage on hit coupled with opponents having 11/12i mids, lol) . I think it may also be best to zone him out... he is weak at closing the gap safely (unlike his iteration in Vanilla VF5, smh... I miss his old :2_::6::P: on hit or block :P:. )

Zeo

I'd say his biggest weakness is he's pretty linear. I think he's only got like 4 moves that actually track so he's pretty easy to side step. His bread n butter is his frame trap jabs like p and 2p so he's kind of easy to read. He's got some good setups but he relies pretty hardcore on the stun game but his stuns don't last very long.
Pfft, and you said you didn't know his weaknesses when I messaged you after we played. I knew you weren't just sidestepping every other attack for the fun of it.

His linearity is indeed his biggest weakpoint but his 4p is a great tracking tool, especially if your opponent starts getting predictable with sidesteps. I must dispute you though. He's a God at the stun game. 3P+K, 16Grab and 4P+K alone are some of the best stun tools in the entire game and theoretically you can keep your opponent stunned forever. I've done it. Of course it's the stun game and all your opponent has to do is guess right to end the string. But it can be pretty difficult and Akira is probably one of the best characters at the stun game.

Raansu

Pfft, and you said you didn't know his weaknesses when I messaged you after we played. I knew you weren't just sidestepping every other attack for the fun of it.

His linearity is indeed his biggest weakpoint but his 4p is a great tracking tool, especially if your opponent starts getting predictable with sidesteps. I must dispute you though. He's a God at the stun game. 3P+K, 16Grab and 4P+K alone are some of the best stun tools in the entire game and theoretically you can keep your opponent stunned forever. I've done it. Of course it's the stun game and all your opponent has to do is guess right to end the string. But it can be pretty difficult and Akira is probably one of the best characters at the stun game.

No I was more confused about how you worded the message lol. You were referring to some thread I never read and I was just kind of like "bwah?" lol.

Zeo

No I was more confused about how you worded the message lol. You were referring to some thread I never read and I was just kind of like "bwah?" lol.
It was in the tier discussion topic. I knew you'd been there because you posted the page after the most I made about Akira's strengths and weaknesses. So I figured you saw it. But we're getting off topic.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD