Balance Stage: Danger Zone

Should Danger Zone be banned from Tourney stages?

• Yes

• No

• Let me explain...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Absolutely. This stage is the most broken thing ever. One mistake against certain characters and you will lose the match instantly.

Sounds good to me.

My issue with the stage is that some knockdowns which are techable knockdowns have become untechable (hard knockdowns) like Genfu's 6PPP for example..
Thats just plain stupid.

If they keep all the techable knockdowns "techable" then the sage would actually be a lot more fair. basically following the true rules of DOA1

as for untechable knockdowns such as knockdowns that guarantee ground throws ... yeah those should just stay as is. without a bounce.

Basically limit the bounce only to "Techable" knockdowns which were not tech rolled. then it would be absolutely fair and fun for everyone.
while still allowing all the combo madness if the opponent screws up.

That'd just look weird. The real solution (if it even needs one) is to increase the size of the platform by 50%. That keeps conflict at the center of the stage safer.

Kronin

Honestly from what I hearing all the characters have the possibility to do crazy damage on this stage, and I wouldn't be amazed to discover that everyone has at least a death combo (premised that you can continue it not making fall the opponent on a green platform, and being the grounds selected randomly afdter each fall basically no such combo should be 100% guaranteed).
With such premises, even if paradoxical Danger Zone become actually the most fair stage of the game. So I think that shouldn't be any reason for ban it, overall when one of the principles of DoA is that the stages are the third player in game and all of them generally are able to give more advantage to some characters rather than others.

EDIT: Of course I don't say to not do more studies on the stage from the players that know the mechanics of the game, but if everying I said should remain valid I remain of this idea.

About the exclusivity of this stage on new generation, keep in mind that new stages and characters with an high chance will come in future and for next gen only (and PC hopefully): the conclusion is that if Danger Zone and The Crimson are banned now, for principle automatically the same had to be done for all the rest of similar additions that will come.
Personally I don't think that this would be something able to bring an advantage to the competitive scene of DoA, reducing the incentive for the competitive players to learn the additions that TN will present in foresight of tournaments, and at the same time devaluing even the efforts of the developers to build the competitive scene through keeping alive the game with news.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That is just my opinion.
And you're entitled to it. Word choice is key though. In a tournament setting I feel I would not be upset by having this stage come up. Been to tons of them. Rikuto obviously feels the same. Others disagree. It'll be a while beside a decision is made.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That is just my opinion.

Noted and respected.

Danger Zone is bullshit, and you're welcome to feel like it is. But then, so is Home or any stage with a ceiling. So were the slippery stages before the vanilla patch. Some stage bullshit is one sided. Some isn't. This one is pretty much bullshit straight across the board, and that's what makes it more fair than ceiling stages.

DOA is a game full of bullshit. You don't have to, but I'd recommend embracing it while it's in the game. You can suggest changes to Team Ninja, of course. I personally would recommend the stage platforms be 50% bigger so insta-kills are a lot more situational. But even if that never happens, I'm against a ban on it. Just play the way the stage demands you to play. Your opponent will have to as well.

Danger Zone does not break the game. It simply changes it.

SilverForte

The only thing about this stage I don't understand is why Leon can get more than one bounce while others can't, unless I'm mistaken.

KING JAIMY

The only thing about this stage I don't understand is why Leon can get more than one bounce while others can't, unless I'm mistaken.
Everyone gets one bounce per floor, the second one you are able to tech.

So Leon can do 4 Air Throws:

Floor 1: Launch > Air Throw > Opponent bounces (cannot tech) > Dash Air Throw them off the stage
Floor 2: Opponent lands on blue panels > Air Throw > Opponent bounces (cannot tech) > Dash Air Throw

This is why it might look like that Leon gets multiple bounces per floor, whereas in reality everyone gets only one.

Hazard

Standard Donor
Most people are just worried about the kill combos, which you can prevent as long as you play to your best ability. Besides, the fact that it's random selection, and the probability of you playing against an opponent that can land a kill combo over 70% of the time is pretty low enough to not require a ban.

Danger Zone does not break the game. It simply changes it.

Pretty much sums up all of my thoughts and theories.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD