Tamaki Top 10 Moves Discussion

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kinda wanted to make a thread to see what is generally regarded as being Tamaki's best 10 moves in her kit. These are mine in no particular order:

:4: :P+K:- Her best tracking mid imo, 21i making it slow but it's safety makes it a good to when you get her opponent floored and they start teching up. Fatal stun against sidesteps and special sidesteps leading into a guaranteed P+K combo set up like her generic S Fatal stun.

:6::6::T:- Definitely one of her best tools imo since it is just plain annoying and it's a great move to throw out when players start teching up quickly to try to get momentum only for this to hi counter their strikes which will either scare them into crushing or sidesteps which is what you'll want so you can keep them open to her mids. Only trade off is that it can be thrown but most situations aren't really safe to try throws because of the possibility of being hi countered. Present after quite a couple of her attacks too.

:3::K:- Semi safe 14i mid kick, static string but has reach and is a way to see if the foe will either step or try a hold to catch the mid ender which is unsafe. This is what you'll want to use when you and your foe are pacing back and forth waiting for a turn to get in.

:6::6::K:- 18i instant knockback, comparable to if Lili were to do f4 or 1+2 in Tekken since you're knocked back and either you tech up immediately to avoid getting force teched or you're gonna eat 1-2 ground strikes. I like it since it's a good way to get her Momentum vortex going since when they stand up, they have to watch for her tracking mids, low to reset her advantage, or her OH if they feel like they need to strike. Doesn't track but is safe, I think this is one of her best moves when you want a knockdown since it has reach.

:3::P+K:- Her 22i launcher and her best stun/fatal stun launcher in her kit, however is unsafe and can be punished. I consider this the high risk high reward mid punch of her kit since it tracks, has great CH launch and it also functions as a refloat too that you can use up to 2-3 times against lights. Not really a good choice in stun tho since she already has alot of mids so you may want to alternate to not get predictable.

:1::K:- Her most threatening low imo, 20i and +6 to +8 stun on hit or CH depending on the situation. Has a bit of reach too and this is what you'll want to use to keep the foe scared and to keep them crouching from time to time, comparable to Lili's D3 or her ff4 stomp. Unsafe but that's generally all that holds it back, plus it's an ender from PP.

:3::T:- Her OH for lows, you'll be using this on wakeup alot if your foe has attacks that can crush highs or if they try to use crouching lows in fear of being floored with her 66T.

:4::6::P:- Her safe CH crumple attack that can parry highs and mids when at a disadvantage, has reach to catch attacks from afar. This is a good way to scare foes from trying to just strike you and poke you when your turn is over and it's now their chance to try to open you up, most useful for foes who are more strike focused like Kasumi and Christie, but somewhat risky when fighting players like Rig who don't rely as much on their punches. Requires a bit of knowledge to use and can't just be chucked out as it's vulnerable to throws too.

:4::P:- Another useful tracking mid, 17i and can stun stun steps and crouches but is semi safe making it less safe than her main 4P+K. More optimal when you need a quick mid.

:4::K:- This I feel is low-key too good to not bring up, 17i mid kick that is safe, cause a normal hit + pushback for space and has lethal back facing options since it leaves you backturned. Can be stepped but is a quick mid kick strike when you don't want to risk a mid punch or high. Soft wall splat.

-That's all I can think of for now but besides that her kit as a whole is pretty formidable

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD