Tekken

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I doubt Harada will add the legacy characters this year. The console version for Tekken 7 is almost a year old we still doesn't even have the story mode costumes yet. If that's not lazy, I don't know what is xD
And they still haven't fixed Lili's hair either... The actual way it should move is locked in Tekken bowl >.> I wonder if its too late to buy a pc version now so I can just get mods like I do in DOA5 xD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
his hair looks terrible and his skin is always in a state of looking greasy and depressing.

Regarding the issue with Noctis or with Lili with their model shades, this was an issue with Unreal Engine and the team on the development according to Harada. Not defending Harada but what he said is true is that Unreal Engine has limitations despite the engine being on usage with many open areas. You will either see washed out colors, bad lighting, and many other issues that are either out of the ordinary or just pretty obvious. For you, this might be very important, but for Harada's case he will consider that as something trivial or not substantially important (this is how his team is). You need like a huge fan feedback if you want to fix something like that when it comes to lightning, pixel shades from the hair, alignment etc.

-------------------------------------------------------

Noctis I was shocked and frankly delighted to see added in Tekken but he was BADLY ported

Why does everyone think characters are being ported? none of the assets and models were used from the games they came from. Is this like a trend?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...ers-was-more-difficult-originally-envisioned/

Harada stated that none of the newer included (EVEN Akuma which is a damn shocker for me still) were using reused assets from the games they came from. Harada's team literally redone their moves to fit the Tekken series.

Harada: "One of the things we faced with Geese, and this is kind of similar with Akuma, is that we didn't receive any assets from SNK or Capcom," Harada starts. "We created the character from scratch, so all the character modeling, the animations, everything we did on our own."

This also applies to Noctis. If Noctis was ported directly from Square he would be the best looking character in the game. However that probably wouldn't work because it's on Unreal Engine. If he popped up on screen the game would slow down with all those micropolys eating up the game's FPS.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Regarding the issue with Noctis or with Lili with their model shades, this was an issue with Unreal Engine and the team on the development according to Harada. Not defending Harada but what he said is true is that Unreal Engine has limitations despite the engine being on usage with many open areas. You will either see washed out colors and many other issues that are either out of the ordinary or just pretty obvious. For you, this might be very important, but for Harada's case he will consider that as something trivial or not substantially important (this is how his team is). You need like a huge fan feedback if you want to fix something like that when it comes to lightning, pixel shades from the hair, alignment etc.

-------------------------------------------------------

Why does everyone think characters are being ported? none of the assets and models were used from the games they came from. Is this like a trend?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...ers-was-more-difficult-originally-envisioned/

Harada stated that none of the newer included (EVEN Akuma which is a shocker) were using reused assets from the games they came from. Harada's team literally redone their moves to fit the Tekken series. I thought Harada was trolling people regarding Akuma because he looks like his SF4 counterpart which mindblown me since I can't believe they made that from scratch when he plays like himself from SF4. This is why when someone says "they don't fit in Tekken" they are ironically fooling themselves to be fair:

Harada: "One of the things we faced with Geese, and this is kind of similar with Akuma, is that we didn't receive any assets from SNK or Capcom," Harada starts. "We created the character from scratch, so all the character modeling, the animations, everything we did on our own."

This also applies to Noctis. If Noctis was ported directly from Square he would be the best looking character in the game. However that wouldn't work because it's on Unreal Engine.
If they did create him from scratch they did a pretty poor job of it XD his hair and body look like they got his model from Square Enid but because the Unreal Engine 4 is nowhere in the same league as the FF Luminous Engine, it seems like they had to downgrade quite a few aspects on him to make him fit, it would explain why his hair looks so jaggy and wild next to the other characters. Geese definitely was made from scratch since he looks leagues better than in KOF XIV, same with Mai in DOA whom they made from scratch too

Also I mean Lili's hair improvements are already done, if you play her in tekken bowl it moves alot better and isn't stiff but the game devs likely forgot to patch that into actual fights. I don't mind tho since Lili's hair is definitely entertaining XD

IMG_20180328_123002.jpg

I'm just ready for whenever there's a new DLC coming out

Also DB this is a bit off topic but who's that guy I can commission who draws the DOA players who commision him with their main character of choice? I have the money to commission now and I wanna get a pic like that for myself :-D

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If they did create him from scratch they did a pretty poor job of it XD his hair and body look like they got his model from Square Enid but because the Unreal Engine 4 is nowhere in the same league as the FF Luminous Engine.

Well yeah, Unreal Engine probably wasn't ideal for Tekken but it isn't terrible since it might depend on the type of game and their approach to development. DBFZ and Guilty Gear is using Unreal Engine and those look fantastic (Bless ArcSys). Or maybe Harada's team is just fucking weird, who knows.

FFLE is ok, it's not the best either though lol.

it seems like they had to downgrade quite a few aspects on him to make him fit, it would explain why his hair looks so jaggy and wild next to the other characters. Geese definitely was made from scratch since he looks leagues better than in KOF XIV, same with Mai in DOA whom they made from scratch too

Dunno, he isn't a port though. If anything, they probably took Leo's body model (or not) and just recreate a Noctis from there (just about every fighting games do this even with their main casts). Make it slightly taller and well, there you go. Noctis by Namco with rights from Square. Still think he doesn't fit on that game as that type of character with the whole sword shit shenanigans, Geese and Akuma however, makes perfect sense despite any negative feedback they can get (valid negative feedback that is).

Also DB this is a bit off topic but who's that guy I can commission who draws the DOA players who commision him with their main character of choice? I have the money to commission now and I wanna get a pic like that for myself :-D

Think his name was Andias Rakhman:

https://www.instagram.com/andiastheartist/
https://twitter.com/AndiasRakhman
https://www.facebook.com/andias.rakhman

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well yeah, Unreal Engine probably wasn't ideal for Tekken but it isn't terrible since it might depend on the type of game and their approach to development. DBFZ and Guilty Gear is using Unreal Engine and those look fantastic (Bless ArcSys). Or maybe Harada's team is just fucking weird, who knows.

FFLE is ok, it's not the best either though lol.

Dunno, he isn't a port though. If anything, they probably took Leo's body model (or not) and just recreate a Noctis from there (just about every fighting games do this even with their main casts). Make it slightly taller and well, there you go. Noctis by Namco with rights from Square. Still think he doesn't fit on that game as that type of character with the whole sword shit shenanigans, but they can make it fit if done right I guess. Geese and Akuma however, makes perfect sense despite any negative feedback they can get (valid negative feedback that is).

Think his name was Andias Rakhman:

https://www.instagram.com/andiastheartist/
https://twitter.com/AndiasRakhman
https://www.facebook.com/andias.rakhman
Yeah I agree with all the points you made, tbh I don't even think Akuma and Geese are that much out of place tbh anymore, I hate the fireballs in tekken but its not out of place, Noctis using all those weapons tho definitely is XD and thank you for those links!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Look who came to dinner:cool:

Screenshot_2018-05-09-23-23-30.png

Guess these will be part of the unconfirmed Season 2 DLC if they don't stay arcade exclusive

UpSideDownGRUNT

Look who came to dinner:cool:

View attachment 24923

Guess these will be part of the unconfirmed Season 2 DLC if they don't stay arcade exclusive
It only took a year... and its not even console fucking hell HOW IS TEKKEN TEAM SO BAD AT THIS!? these are IN THE GAME and should have been available to console players this whole fucking time.

And it still doesn't even include the Pink/white/gold recolour that one Blue Rank Treasure Battle Asuka wears...

crapoZK

Standard Donor
HARADA FFSSSSSSSSSSS

i'm dropping this game. Not because of this though. If anyone asks I'll go in depth but for now..... Fuck Tekken 7 for a minute.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It only took a year... and its not even console fucking hell HOW IS TEKKEN TEAM SO BAD AT THIS!? these are IN THE GAME and should have been available to console players this whole fucking time.

And it still doesn't even include the Pink/white/gold recolour that one Blue Rank Treasure Battle Asuka wears...
Someone translated it for me and apparently its coming to home consoles too, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll keep tabs on it, but even,if it does come how is it gonna go down? If they dont charge for it expect to have to grind 200+ plus battles to get the costumes like I had to with Noctis, it took me 200+ treasure battles to get his gold recolor outfit >.>

HARADA FFSSSSSSSSSSS

i'm dropping this game. Not because of this though. If anyone asks I'll go in depth but for now..... Fuck Tekken 7 for a minute.
Is it gameplay related? And I sort of stopped training in it since I went on college break XD I've been playing TTT1 HD and T6 mainly as of late, I enjoy playing the older games since Anna and Lili played so much different back then xD

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Is it gameplay related? And I sort of stopped training in it since I went on college break XD I've been playing TTT1 HD and T6 mainly as of late, I enjoy playing the older games since Anna and Lili played so much different back then xD
Yeah man, there's a lot of shit in this game that straight up pisses me off at a higher level. Also, on PC there was an update that came out this morning (UK) and it corrupted my online save data. Luckily my ranks are saved but every single character is on demotion chance. Even my Eddy who was on a 4 win streak when I got the chance. I was a game away from my promo to Genbu and I suddenly got 2 consecutive demo chances without even losing a single game. So yeah as of late I'm putting the breaks on playing ranked in this game as it's not even fun to me anymore. All my friends are either respected streamers/really really good, so I'll just DM them instead.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah man, there's a lot of shit in this game that straight up pisses me off at a higher level. Also, on PC there was an update that came out this morning (UK) and it corrupted my online save data. Luckily my ranks are saved but every single character is on demotion chance. Even my Eddy who was on a 4 win streak when I got the chance. I was a game away from my promo to Genbu and I suddenly got 2 consecutive demo chances without even losing a single game. So yeah as of late I'm putting the breaks on playing ranked in this game as it's not even fun to me anymore. All my friends are either respected streamers/really really good, so I'll just DM them instead.
Ah I understand, I'm sorry for that loss of data >.> and yeah as a Lili player when I was playing my matches there were a few things that annoyed me, to this day im still a bit annoyed I lost to that Devil Jin,on,the temple stage, that Kazuya on the mishima building stage and that Nina on the Twilight conflict stage >.> I've learned to react better to certain strings so next time I'm gonna give them a run for their money XD

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Ah I understand, I'm sorry for that loss of data >.> and yeah as a Lili player when I was playing my matches there were a few things that annoyed me, to this day im still a bit annoyed I lost to that Devil Jin,on,the temple stage, that Kazuya on the mishima building stage and that Nina on the Twilight conflict stage >.> I've learned to react better to certain strings so next time I'm gonna give them a run for their money XD
Nina has too many highs to count so you might as well learn what you can punish with your WS2.
As for Kazuya... you just have to out-Tekken him. And duck d1,4.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nina has too many highs to count so you might as well learn what you can punish with your WS2.
As for Kazuya... you just have to out-Tekken him. And duck d1,4.
That and watch for his hellsweep xD ive gotten better to reacting to it tho, as soon as I see that spinning kick I just guard low, I'm so glad that low is punishable xD

crapoZK

Standard Donor
That and watch for his hellsweep xD ive gotten better to reacting to it tho, as soon as I see that spinning kick I just guard low, I'm so glad that low is punishable xD
The punch that comes after it is also like -17 so if he whiffs the first kick, and you end up blocking the punch......

L a u n c h t h a t h o e

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The punch that comes after it is also like -17 so if he whiffs the first kick, and you end up blocking the punch......

L a u n c h t h a t h o e
Right! XD although tbh ive never been lucky enough to punish the punch myself, I usually only get to punish the low kick and Lilis WR 2 is usually the answer to unsafe lows XD Kazuyas I've notice also like to go for that annoying side toss throw too, I really need to learn how to react to throws better >.>

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Right! XD although tbh ive never been lucky enough to punish the punch myself, I usually only get to punish the low kick and Lilis WR 2 is usually the answer to unsafe lows XD Kazuyas I've notice also like to go for that annoying side toss throw too, I really need to learn how to react to throws better >.>
I'm sure that grab is just a 1+2 grab, but best thing to know is that if he's wavedashing and he does do the throw you know that's the only break you're gonna have to use.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm sure that grab is just a 1+2 grab, but best thing to know is that if he's wavedashing and he does do the throw you know that's the only break you're gonna have to use.
Tekken 7 has one button throw breaks right? I forget if you're supposed to press both 1+2 or 1 or 2 by themselves if you're grabbed xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD