THE DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TUTORIAL - TAG MODE

This is the main interface that leads to all the 12 tutorials.
It is a work in progress so please check back on the main menu from time to time :)

This thread will be updated whenever a new video is released.

THE DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TUTORIAL - 12 - TAG MODE (Feat. Emperor Cow)

Part 12 of the 12 part tutorial series for DOA5.
Featuring commentary by myself "Emperor Cow".

This video is meant to explain the ins and outs of Tag Mode and highlight the main differences that set it apart from Solo mode. It also explains some features that are unique to tag mode such as Tag Canceling.

The following topics are covered:
- Overview 0:35
- Tag Inputs 2:08
- Tag Canceling 4:52
- Tag Air-Juggles 5:50

(For the record, All the guaranteed setups shown in this video were possible in previous versions of the game without the need of the Ver. 1.03A glitch)

I hope you find this video both entertaining and educational. :)

IT IS DONE !!!!!!!

I would like to send a special shout out to everyone that helped make this series possible. and an extra special shout out to everyone else who supported the project by liking, favoriting, spreading the word, commentating, or just simply watching... This series is my gift to the DOA5 community. :)

Thank you all again!!

THE DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TUTORIAL - Vol. 8 - DEALING WITH STUNS (Feat. Vanessa)

Part 08 of the 12 part tutorial series for DOA5.
Featuring guest commentary by Vanessa.

This video is meant to shed some light on how to deal with stuns using either holds during stun or stagger escaping.
- Holding During Stun 0:35
- Stagger Escaping 3:08

Click here to select another tutorial:

(I gotta finish this series before DOA5U >__< )

THE DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TUTORIAL - Vol. 9 - ADVANCED TECHNIQUES (Feat. Perfect Legend)

Part 09 of the 12 part tutorial series for DOA5.
Featuring guest commentary by Perfect Legend.

This video is meant to shed some light on some of the higher level aspects of the game that players need to be aware of to optimize their gameplay.
- Korean Back Dash 0:35
- Open and Closed Stances 1:15
- Fuzzy Guarding 2:50
- Free Canceling 3:45

I hope you find this video both entertaining and educational. :)

Yeah, this tutorial was great Mr. Cow, learned some neat tidbits here! Do you buy the guests a pint after they're done their contribution? ;)

Yeah, this tutorial was great Mr. Cow, learned some neat tidbits here! Do you buy the guests a pint after they're done their contribution? ;)
everyone who helped out simply wants the best for the FGC and the game, whether they were DOA players or non-DOA players.This is because they all know that the benefit of one fighting game helps the FGC as a whole and they all have my thanks.

There where however people that made promises and delayed me for no reason, others that flat out refused, and others that wanted money despite them not having to do anything for the project apart from reading the text file i send them over skype. all those were of course not included in the project.

The ones that are included have recorded their content around august 2012. I only released the trailer which you can see below after I had everyones voice over in order to have full control over the project and release it at my own pace without having to chase after anyone, with the exception of some minor one liners here and there in the videos (you can tell sometimes the voice suddenly gets out of place ... that was a fix done at a later stage).

But I really to appreciate all the help from all the people who volunteered to do the voice overs because they really do add flavor to the project :)

@EMPEROR_COW: you are the best! :D :D xD

That's great love for the game! :')

This tutorials is (among another good things) a very clear and strong evidence that DOA is much more than just a button maching game as many people had been traditionally wrong-judging and/or assuming.

BTW, thanks to the whole tutorial I have achieved a better understanding about the mechanics of the game which also has helped me to improve my performance when playing.

So again: thank you very much to you Emperor and to all the people that had collaborated with you. x)

I'm still having trouble doing the Korean back dash lol.

Great tutorial video by the way, I always learn something new everytime I watch them. :) Good job EMPERIOR COW!

I'm still having trouble doing the Korean back dash lol.

Great tutorial video by the way, I always learn something new everytime I watch them. :) Good job EMPERIOR COW!
I started to try korean back dash because this tutorial and it works nice! :D I only achive to pull of one or two ones after a normal back dash, however usually these few ones are enough to avoid wake up kicks and attacks ;) :)

THE DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TUTORIAL - 10 - COMBOS (Feat. EG Justin Wong)

Part 10 of the 12 part tutorial series for DOA5.
Featuring guest commentary by EG Justin Wong.

This video is meant to explain the logic of combos in DOA by describing the components of combos, what the combo indicator means, how to get guaranteed damage, and the rules of launchers.

- Combo Logic in DOA 0:35
- Launching The Opponent 3:27
I hope you find this video both entertaining and educational :)
(I gotta work faster !!! .. 2 more to go !! >__<)

THE DEAD OR ALIVE 5 TUTORIAL - 11 - THE ENVIRONMENT (Feat. BERZERK)

Part 11 of the 12 part tutorial series for DOA5.
Featuring guest commentary by Daniel Chlebowczyk A.K.A. "Berzerk".

This video is meant to explain how the environment comes into play in DOA5 as well as shed some light on how to capitalize on environmental damage and get guaranteed follow ups.

- Walls 0:35
- Positional Danger Zones 5:07
- Floors 6:28
- Ceilings 8:05
- Cliffhangers 8:39
- Power Blow Danger Zones 10:11

I hope you find this video both educational and entertaining :)

(I gotta finish this series before DOA5U >__< .. 1 more to go!! )

Good stuff! here is some extra info for anyone curious.

• You can hold the trashcan/coconut while neutral/stunned if timed right. (If you are being juggled or slammed the trashcan cannot be stopped since you cannot hold in those scenarios)
  • The ground bounce that comes after a ceiling juggle and a breakable wall can be tech rolled so that isn't guaranteed.
  • You can Hold/Parry falling buildings and dangezones.
  • In the train roof top stage if you hit someone into the wrecked train and they fly to the bottom level, the car from the bottom level turns into a permanent dangerzone that causes more damage. Without the train its just a barrel with one chance of more damage.
  • Hitting someone from behind towards the ropes guarantees the follow up.
MASTER
:hayabusa:

You're doing great Emperor Cow, at the current pace, the final tutorial should be out before DOA5U drops!

Lots of little snippets here with relation to environmental combos and obstacle activations. I didn't know that you activate the "Tiger run" by slamming the opponent into the sign. I thought it was randomly based on a timer lol.

Good stuff! here is some extra info for anyone curious.

• You can hold the trashcan/coconut while neutral/stunned if timed right. (If you are being juggled or slammed the trashcan cannot be stopped since you cannot hold in those scenarios)
  • The ground bounce that comes after a ceiling juggle and a breakable wall can be tech rolled so that isn't guaranteed.
  • You can Hold/Parry falling builds and dangezones.
  • In the train roof top stage if you hit someone into the wrecked train and they fly to the bottom level, the car from the bottom level turns into a permanent dangerzone that causes more damage. Without the train its just a barrel with one chance of more damage.
  • Hitting someone from behind towards the ropes guarantees the follow up.
MASTER
:hayabusa:

Thanks for the update dude !! :)

I'm still facepalming at that trashcan mistake (it was wrong text that carried on from the alpha demo tutorial) .. lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD