The DOA5 Ultimate Mila Wishlist

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Okay, things I got to see for Mila so far:

SS Takedown has not been removed, you now have to press 6T while Sidestepping to use it.

The new TDFeint attack (Gatling punches or whatever) has 2 followups: P for a launch, 6P for a knockback.

2 new attacks that go into the Feint with a different animation as well (without actually going into the Takedown animation). Still operates just like the current form of TDFeint minus moving forwards so much (crouching):
7PP (new followup to 7P, 7PPH for the feint)
4PP (4PPH for the feint)

You appear to be able to cancel some strings into Switch Step (1H+K). Gill Hustle was the one who did it so I don't know the inputs.

Because of the knockdown system P+K is not always guaranteed after 3H+K nor is 3H+K guaranteed after a grounded opponent is hit by P+K (JEFFFCORE DENIED FOR NOW!).

New victory quote (something about what it feels like to be awesome, I was looking away until the end of it and didn't see it again when she was played). Pretty sure I saw a new taunt in her move list as well.

Her 41236T sucks. Low damage (around 25 - 35) that is only made up for the fact that it more than likely can trigger floor DZs.

More or less she now has more good tools: 2 new ways to go into TDFeint, the Switch Step cancel, the new TDF attack and followups. The 41236T is almost unneeded or needs to be better, I'm not gonna use it when I can use other throws for better damage.

www.twitch.tv/freestepdodge/b/447241165
Starting at 2:02 is me doing her combo challenge.

Last edited:

synce

There's at least 5 new ways to TD someone but the TD sucks now so it's kinda funny. Hopefully at least the frames on her feint are changed back to vanilla v1.02 levels

mpgeist

Standard Donor
There's at least 5 new ways to TD someone but the TD sucks now so it's kinda funny. Hopefully at least the frames on her feint are changed back to vanilla v1.02 levels
In what ways is TD worse now? Mila was my favorite in 5 and they kept nerfing her. I'd hate to see her even worse in 5U...:(

synce

^ Probably mentioned it on last page but there's no followups from TD break anymore. The build at summer jam is ver0.50 though (same as early JP build I got my info from), so there's a chance things can change. At the very least I'm hoping the feint is faster in final version or TD is harder to break

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
No Mount Break followups anymore confirmed and no advantage.
TDFeint speed feels the same. Difficulty to break is entirely based on the Combo Throw system, you just have to get used to the timing.
I only saw the two added cancels but I didn't spend much time on Mila today.

About the Jefffcore technique. You can get a guaranteed P+K after 3H+K. HOWEVER, you are now able to Tech Roll the P+K followup. I saw the "Tech Roll" pop up when I was facing the Momiji and decided following up was a bad idea.

That's just about it from me.

synce

Thanks. Those FT shenanigans were kinda braindead so no love lost from me there. But I couldn't believe how little damage her new HCF grab did, that's gotta be a glitch

SaikyoJoe

I still think its funny that she can do her MK Hold throw on half walls (like on Arrival), but still can't do her 214T on them.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
It has been improved, as in more stages have actually opened up in actual use for it. Can't do it in Sky City Tokyo which only has flat walls though, which is really odd.

Some notes on it: it has been improved.
Still can't use it on ropes or breakable walls.
At least now she can use it in Lab but...it doesn't have a ground DZ active portion on the actual ground hit portion despite the non wall version getting it and getting a ground damage indicator...such bullshit.
Can be used in Depths now (not on the elevator controls at all). Can't be used on those wall dividers along the outside ring.
It can also be used against trees in Forest and Palm Trees on Zack Island.
If the generators in Scramble have not been set off they will not explode or give DZ damage or change the stage. If they have been set off (stage is going/has gone to hell) you will get the DZ damage. Can't be used against the hanging I-beams or the changed stage I-beams (the cliffhanger).

SaikyoJoe

Thanks for that, I was trying it on the Tokyo stage, then went to the Coming Soon stage (the stage it was first demonstrated to me).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD