Fighters' Destiny: Ties that Bind (DOA Tournament Documentary)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

This documentary is here to shed light on the community aspect rather than just going to a tournament to win money. Since DOA5 launched in 2012 we have seen tremendous growth in the offline scene and we see that in this video with the bonds that have formed throughout the years.

This video is a nice (and well shot) overview of what's happened during the course of Team NINJA's 2015 Battle Royal... and nothing is better than seeing this positive form of media leading up to the grand finals at NEC 15, live and offline in Pennsylvania, December 11-13th!

As the community grows we see that the beef we had with random people online back in DOA4 was pretty stupid, and the hope now, since the community has expanded offline -- is to see everyone try their hardest to make it to one offline event.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I agree with sWooZie. People in the FGC need to be more open-minded, especially towards DOA. Though, it is the DOA community's responsibility to rep the game as much as possible: I.e. attending offline tournament events, developing and sharing tech, promoting the game as much as possible, etc.

DOA5LR deserves more respect, and the DOA community needs to show why it does.

Excellent documentary here. Enjoyed every moment of it!

Last edited:

Dark-truth

I agree with sWooZie. People in the FGC need to be more open-minded, especially towards DOA. Though, it is the DOA community's responsible to rep the game as much as possible: I.e. attending offline tournament events, developing and sharing tech, promoting the game as much as possible, etc.

DOA5LR deserves more respect, and the DOA community needs to show why it does.

Excellent documentary here. Enjoyed every moment of it!
RIGHT!?!?!?? Seriously doa is a great game it's one of the best fighting games ever and it's not even hard to learn like tekken or Sc

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
First of all, great video!

As some of you may know, China had banned gaming consoles for many many years until recently they allowed Xbox One and PS4/PSVita to be sold in the Chinese market legitimately. This had reignited many people's passions about video games, and it was around the time I got into DOA. I had some prejudice against DOA series before I really tried it myself. And now I know I was wrong. I like how polished this game looks and how sophisticated the system plays.

However, because there wasn't even a legal market for video games, dead or alive has never been a scene in China. I am sure there are many out there love the game just like we do and are really good at it. Now I want to do the least I can to support the community, maybe growing one in China too.

Anyway, I really loved this video and interviews in it, and decided to make Chinese subtitles for it so that it can spread among a bigger crowd (especially since YouTube is walled in China). Hopefully the original creator will be cool with it.

Link: http://www.56.com/u91/v_MTM5Mjk5ODU2.html

P.S. Forgive me for my poor listening/translation

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
First of all, great video!

As some of you may know, China had banned gaming consoles for many many years until recently they allowed Xbox One and PS4/PSVita to be sold in the Chinese market legitimately. This had reignited many people's passions about video games, and it was around the time I got into DOA. I had some prejudice against DOA series before I really tried it myself. And now I know I was wrong. I like how polished this game looks and how sophisticated the system plays.

However, because there wasn't even a legal market for video games, dead or alive has never been a scene in China. I am sure there are many out there love the game just like we do and are really good at it. Now I want to do the least I can to support the community, maybe growing one in China too.

Anyway, I really loved this video and interviews in it, and decided to make Chinese subtitles for it so that it can spread among a bigger crowd (especially since YouTube is walled in China). Hopefully the original creator will be cool with it.

Link: http://www.56.com/u91/v_MTM5Mjk5ODU2.html

P.S. Forgive me for my poor listening/translation

Is there a way for the original video owners to add your Chinese subtitles as a YouTube option to the original video?

CumuluZ

Standard Donor
Is there a way for the original video owners to add your Chinese subtitles as a YouTube option to the original video?
I am not sure. But I will leave my subtitle here as an attachment and a comment under the original video.

Attachments

• Fighters\' Destiny- Ties That Bind - Episode One (DOA Documentary).rar
    21.9 KB · Views: 199

Darkslay

Man, watching this was awesome, it brings a lot of good feelings, i now feel entitled to rep the game i love so much, i'll make it my goal to attend to at least 1 US tournament next year, i'll try my damndest.

Last edited:

Kuno9382

Okay, the video is quite good, however something is really bothering me: why does every fighting game need a documentary? Don't get me wrong, I like the game, I played the game quite some time (not to say that I'm good at it) but this video doesn't get me hyped for neither the community nor the game. Maybe this is "unfair" or not doing it any justice by comparing it to the smash documentary which also was split up in multiple episodes. However that got me way more hyped for the next episode and it got me actually trying some stuff that was shown in the video. Basically what I'm saying is, IN MY OPINION I think they should've done some things differently:
- More gameplay less talking (I was basically thrown in the middle of this "talking session" without any clear beginning.
- Introduce the game and its characters.
- Then you can introduce some players and tell a nice origin story which was in the video so that was good.
- You should end on a high note, have some sort of cliffhanger or kinda introduce what is going to be discussed or covered in the next episode. That being said I don't know what the target audience is, but I'm guessing they wanted to make a documentary to get people that aren't playing the game that much, to get super hyped into playing the game.
Again not hating on the community or anything just saying what I think about the video

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD