Toryu Tenshin Hazankai

Sam Sultan

This must be the hardest move in the game its Akira's hardest move to perform has anybody masterd it yet?
Skip to 1:00 if you wanna see the entire move.

Zeo

It's 10x easier to do in doa5. Problem is people are trying to play Akira with a pad and that just isn't going to work out to well for them.
Aside from JF Knee, I can play Akira for the most part fine on a pad. I can pull off this move at least 75% of the time offline. It's online that's the issue. You just can't bring out the full potential of this character with this game's netcode.

Raansu

Well God bless you because every time I attempt to play Akira on a pad I just cry in a corner. I miss my arcade stick.

Ghosty-J

Actually, I've always used Akira with a pad and managed to reach Sentinel Rank in VF5FS with him. He's playable with a pad as he is, albeit some moves are harder to pull since making precise inputs his moves demand are easier to perform on a stick. The knee is a little difficult to pull off online, as well as Jirou Tanzan for that matter. SPoD is just cake to pull off in both games for me <.<

Zeo

Efficiency is relative to the individual in this case. The general consensus is that this character (or rather VF in general) is meant to be played on a stick as certain moves are even based around a stick's setup. But you can "get by" I'll say even in a tournament setting on a pad using him. It just takes a little more practice but I'm sure it's efficient enough. A stick will always be more efficient, but that's another point altogether.

Chaos

Im getting the hang of doing Akira's just knee frame on the pad but its quite tricky sometimes & I know a secret trick to pull it off.

Sam Sultan

Im getting the hang of doing Akira's just knee frame on the pad but its quite tricky sometimes & I know a secret trick to pull it off.

My trick is to slide my finger over H+K very fast and right after that press the b button, works(offline) 9/10 time, so its pretty efficient way to do the knee on a controller.
I am surprised to see that people call the Toryu Tenshin move easy because i thought it was impossible to pull of during a fight but i guess i just have to practice more.

InfiniDragon

Signed up for the forums as I started getting into Akira/Hayate and wanted to share something I've discovered about this potentially finger wrecking move. I've come to find from training with Akira, that as with Ryu's Izuna in older DOAs and Raijin with Hayate...you can cheat. XD

How? Do full circles, counter clockwise. Instead of doing that 236 P+K then 43 P+K, you can initiate the 236 P+K and just circle around back to 6 and P+K, circle again back to 6 and P, then circle again and P+K. The circles have to be done a bit quickly just as you would have cheating Izuna, but they work.

Hope this helps people out. I can now do it 90% of the time with a pad (analog stick or d-pad) because of that. As for the knee on a pad, I just switched hold and throw (made more sense for me anyway) and slide my finger across both quickly. For any SCV players out there, it's almost identical to doing a JF Twister with Alpha Pat.

ScattereDreams

I'll have to agree with Rannsu, some of his signature moves are pretty difficult to do on pad. I can pretty much do his JF knee with a high succession rate on arcade stick (although I also play him in FS), my attempts of actually doing his knee or any other signature move on stick is a slim chance. I think playing Akira on pad is suicide, but if you can do it, I commend you lol. This move is quite easy to on stick since it's just a matter of knowing the inputs.

saikyom

Update, recently my xbox died rrod and I bought a ps3.
and on ps3 pad I can pull all akira moves even DLC :)
which means, if you train enough+ you're an akira fan = it's possible on pad.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD