DOA5LR Ver. 1.03 Changes (PS4)

A small update for Last Round just came out, and this patch is for PS4. The Xbox One version is still under testing and should be released soon. There are no balance adjustments, but it does fix a few bugs. You can view the list of changes at their official website.

Version 1.03

Last edited by a moderator:
Very disappointed to hear about their stance on balance. Honoka's stances need buffing, and I really don't want to see a fucking Christie in every final for the next year.
I know! Statistically speaking, the chances of the balance improving with another patch are so optimistic considering the game's patch history.

If you need me I'll be checking my inbox in hopes that a Nigerian Prince needs help wasting his riches.

Very disappointed to hear about their stance on balance. Honoka's stances need buffing, and I really don't want to see a fucking Christie in every final for the next year.

I second this so haaard, Honoka can pretty much get hit out of all her stances, and she's pretty damn unsafe :confused:

Sounds like more destructible costumes are coming
Maybe it's the Halloween costumes? Just imagine but, lol.

OR MAYBE MY DREAM THAT WILL NOT COME TRUE

CASUAL CLOTHING THAT RIPS INTO A SUPERHERO COSTUME (even though there is a pack for superhero/villain clothing so...)

it's not impossible ;)

If there are things that need to be changed with Honoka, it's those hit detection issues she has. I remember seeing a video of that somewhere in the media library on where 46P will miss up close in range on Raidou.

But buffing Honoka's stances is rather absurd. Just because she has the exact same copy as other character's stances does not mean that hers need to be full proof like them. It's how she was designed no? I feel as if they are throwing the stances out there in the blue on disadvantage or making it too obvious.

Last edited:
I have a bug with Leon's 46P hit detection but TN already knows about it, if the Honoka one is anything like that then it's against an unmoving character at a specific angle in the different stances (open/closed) which you probably will only run into in Training.

Keep Honoka the same so she can actually live up to what her character description is (copies attacks but the don't quite pack the punch of the original user). As an i9 she's already fine (IMO all i9s should be super unsafe).

Funny, because Honoka was in grand finals at Winter Brawl, and both FR and NorCal had no Christie in grand finals.

Funny, because Honoka was in grand finals at Winter Brawl, and both FR and NorCal had no Christie in grand finals.

I never saw Honoka at a tourney so I must've missed that one, but I'm going to assume this was close to Honoka's debut so people were unfamiliar with her. I'm not saying she's terrible but you can't add a character to a roster of this size and say you got the balance perfect on the first try.

About Christie, I get it. She's broken and people want to win. SF has ERyu, Marvel has ZMC, etc. TN can keep her that way, but it's one less viewer for their streams. I tend to tune out once people pick those characters unless they're playing against a top dog

I never saw Honoka at a tourney so I must've missed that one, but I'm going to assume this was close to Honoka's debut so people were unfamiliar with her. I'm not saying she's terrible but you can't add a character to a roster of this size and say you got the balance perfect on the first try.

About Christie, I get it. She's broken and people want to win. SF has ERyu, Marvel has ZMC, etc. TN can keep her that way, but it's one less viewer for their streams. I tend to tune out once people pick those characters unless they're playing against a top dog
You really don't understand. Christie does not have as big a presence in tournaments as you seem to think. There are lots of character loyalists playing what they want and not just what they think is top tier.

You really don't understand. Christie does not have as big a presence in tournaments as you seem to think. There are lots of character loyalists playing what they want and not just what they think is top tier.
Good to know someone on this site isn't shitting on Christie character loyalists 24/7.

Character loyalists haven't been winning tournaments, really.

The people winning tournaments have been so convincingly and consistently wiping the floor with everyone else, they seemingly hop between characters to avoid getting bored.

Now, I assume all this is going to relate back to the thread topic any moment, now?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD