VG247: Dead or Alive 5 to “push the genre” into next-gen territory

Raansu

It's SRK...who gives a shit. They mocked the series more than we do, and have been doing so from day one.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, can you blame them?

When they showed the trailer, there was a fair amount of enthusiasm at SRK.

Now that Hayashi started running his mouth, people are falling back to their natural instinct of blasting the game. This was completely expected.

Maybe next time we get a chance we should mention the kind of backlash this PR stunt has in the west.

HokutoNoBen

Similar can be said at the likes of GAF, as well. (Though I don't think this particular story has found its way over there yet.)

In fact, I'd be also willing to bet that the backlash against Ninja Gaiden 3 wouldn't be but SO bad if Hayashi and Team Ninja kept their yaps shut. It seems like the more they talked about random BS like "We thought people were tired of seeing decapitations, because they've seen it before", the more that everything else relating to the game was greeted with sheer negativity. Now, it doesn't even really matter how good/bad NG3 actually is, because most people have already been soured on the game.

If you guys DO get the chance to talk to Team Ninja any time soon, these are the kinds of things I would definitely let them know about. Unless they want DOA5 to be greeted with the same treatment NG3's already gone through in the last year...

Berzerk!

The current level being Super SF4 which is basically a Super Turbo update, which was an update of SF2?

Snark and misinformed postings aside, there's actually a refreshing amount of interest for the game out there on the "mainstream" sites.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD