Wake up escapes

RoboJoe

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about something that crushes wake up kicks, but yeah I do use 3p as a force tech already. What's the wall version though? I don't know that one.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I knew 3p fts as well but after 6ppp you get it every time and its a mix up lol completely eliminating the need to ever crush wake up kicks. The wall version is simple. End your wall splat juggle with 16p and do 6pp. This eliminates the timing of the invincible wall frames. If they dont tech you'll be +21 near a wall and if they do they better not mash or ull finish 6ppp on them or grav them if they dont mash. It doesnt work on heavy weights. (It works on genfu) with heavy weights u just do 3pp as the wall combo.

Best part is you're not sacrificing damage unless on heavys

Robojoe the main reason I stressed if you knew about 3p is because of the mind game mix up with it. If they do tech ur 3p they can either mash and get sat down by 3pp or eat a grab if their blocking. If they dont tech you can use 214pp since its safe and if they mash u hit them. For people who ss it I always fake the punch and do 8k. The 3p pushes them kinda far if it techs them up which is why I use the 214p mix up usually

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

As mentioned earlier as well, most characters have ways to position themselves to always avoid hits. I'm assuming all do, actually, and just that people have to look. They're mostly PFTs now, but they function in much the same way save for them not being guaranteed, though they still eliminate the wakeup game.

Just like Christie, Pai has a pretty good one where you only forsake the last 2 hits of her string to get it. It's between a 14-20ish damage loss, but you'll always negate the kicks. If they tech, Pai's just at -2 or -3 based on weight, and if they don't tech, she's at +25.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD