Who is the "Face" of DOA?

Snipa

I'm currently watching EVO which obviously does not feature DOA5 unfortunately and generally watching games i have never played or used to play and thoroughly enjoying it but i have noticed that in general these games have a face that even if a player does not play the game or even fighting games know someone who does.

ala Capcom/SF series everyone know Diego and Justin Wong
Or for Netherealm games with MK/Injustice you have Perfect Legend and Tom Brady.

Is there anyone for DOA? I know Wong/Perfect Legend picked up DOA for a while but i don't believe they are a face of the game and community whom will help push and promote the title.
For me as a returning DOA player (U2 and 4 Online) i see Rokuto as possibly the only guy whom others may know but not if you have not played DOA before.

I believe this is a problem for DOA and a reason why it is not on fighting circuits or even spoke about in the fighting community outside of DOA/FSD.
While of course the games mechanics come first, a face to relate to will always push the community and currently there is not really one.

There is practically no streams on twitch or ustream, no one to chat with as a newbie or get involved with as a DOA fan.

Or is this game just finished as a whole? Even TN dont really represent the game that well, look at MK9/Inustice you have Ed Boon and Capcom/SF you have Ono and used to have Seth Killian.

This is a problem for DOA, especially with the huge rise of E-Sports.

Blazeincarnated

DOA is not known for its flashiness, thats why its not noticed as it should be. Do you realize what Tekken, SF, KOF, MK, etc, all have in common? Bright colored lights and fireworks.... An' thats all.
If DOA could mesh that, no doubt mofos would be running over to DOA like hotcakes selling out.

R4712-VR88

Is there anyone for DOA? I know Wong/Perfect Legend picked up DOA for a while but i don't believe they are a face of the game and community whom will help push and promote the title.
For me as a returning DOA player (U2 and 4 Online) i see Rokuto as possibly the only guy whom others may know but not if you have not played DOA before.

For being a DOAU/4 player I'm surprised you honestly never thought about MASTER. As much hate as he gets he has been for quite sometime the main face of DOA, dubbed the "DOA Superhero". Winning CGS, going to Japan for interviews and to various gaming turnouts to get inside scoops with Team NINJA. Today however we are now seeing both returning and new faces show up in the community. Today I can definitly say Sweet Revenge, Rikuto, Mr. Wah and even Rabies being people to look up to or to talk about when bringing up DOA.

Also Justin Wong hasn't done anything for the community other than lend his voice for those tutorial videos on YouTube. Perfect Legend used to be a top player back in the day before DOA4 just sucked it up too much for everyone to handle. Even Tom Brady was a high level player way back as well. lol.

David Gregg

If someone had heard a name and were unfamiliar to DOA I'm guessing it would be Master. I only say this b/c that was the 1st person I've ever associated w/ DOA (in the competitive world that is).

I could never figure out the issue with DOA's lack of popularity. Last year on Twitch when watching a Tekken stream, MK or even SF you would read the occasional convo of players excited about DOA 5 being released. There is really no good reason why DOA isn't more popular.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Personally, I believe the DOA community (if that's what we're referring to) is full of colorful personalities and contributors. Therefore, it is a man of many faces.

Julius Rage

Master is still the face of the community.

If Caliburbladez or Rikuto put themselves out there more they would be.

Lopedo as the face of the community is something that makes me giggle like a little bitch though, I hope he wins a whole bunch of tournaments.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
r4vqBYW.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD