Why did they remove the ability to use right thumb stick.

Gi9a

Ok, So I remember never EVER being able to do the Raijin in Dead or Alive until one day I literally sat down and made myself do it over and over once I finally pulled the move off. I did this in Dead or Alive 4 which allows you to use the left and right thumb stick in which I split the raijin parts onto both of my thumbsticks so they would not ever mess up due to all of the directional changes required and so much room for stick error, life became easier for me and I quite enjoyed using that move..... Here is the problem, In DOA5 and DOA5u you Cannot use the right thumb stick AT ALL on the Xbox controller. So my question is was there a reason they cut out the right sticks use and my second question is can it be adjusted to use again?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The answer he gave was a legitimate one. That is the single biggest reason for it to not be included.

Reactions: d3v

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It allowed players to easily perform more advanced movements. Obviously sometime during development they felt it was an easy method to perform an advanced technique, so much like the removal of buttons from stagger escaping, they removed it.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Using a single analog stick to play this game is wrong. Two? That's exponentially wrong. D-pad or stick, brah.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, if you're gonna play on a pad, dpad is the way to go. Analog stick makes motions pretty inconsistent. I mean, if it works for you, good. But it doesn't work for most people.

That said, if you're trying to use a 360 controller or something, it doesn't matter 'cause the dpad on that is garbage for fighting games.

MajesticBlue

Just keep the Raijin inputs crisp and clean. let each return to neutral and you will be golden. Using 2 sticks was so cheeep!

d3v

Because using 2 sticks at once could give players unnatural advantages/movements.
This, being able to input two opposing cardinal directions alone can lead to some wonky stuff (imagine being able to input mid punch hold and mid kick hold at nearly the same time). Similar cases have already been banned from competitive play in the past (e.g. Hit Boxes before the SOCD cleaner chip was made mandatory).

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
EPOchLb.jpg

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Hahaha, world champ jiyuna. Do people really hold sticks "standard"? Seems like doing 421s would be a nightmare.

d3v

Hahaha, world champ jiyuna. Do people really hold sticks "standard"? Seems like doing 421s would be a nightmare.
I find doing SRK/DP motions easier on stick than on pad actually, especially on one with a square gate since you just tap forwards, then down, then jam it into the corner.

Devdan

That's how I hold it, and I feel like 421 is literally the easiest special command to do. 623 is kinda iffy...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD