Why do walls/corners ruin combos in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Netcode froze on me again. Had time to think.

What was the logic here? Like when I'm launching some one and my juggle is getting near a wall, they'll either land on it half way through my string and end it or bounce on the side of wall far away. In VF5 or Tekken the games give you a special bounce to countinue the combo and make it really hurt.

Maybe it's because I've been playing legitimate fighting games lately, but a lot of DOA5 just doesn't make any sense.

ScattereDreams

I know in both Tekken and VF, if you knock someone into a wall after a wall juggle you can get a few extra hits in after that juggle on the wall. Would be cool if we could do that in DOA. But atleast we actually get a free combo from knocking a standing opponent into a wall.

EDog21

Is it character specific? I know Akira combos don't care about walls. In fact, they get better the closer they get launched near the wall. Of course, every Zack launcher wall splats except two or three i believe. Guess you just lucked out for that character and wall combos.

NightAntilli

That's why you should have wall combos. In most games, your wall combo makes use of the wall to get additional damage. In DOA, your wall combo is about avoiding moves that slam into the wall prematurely. You can do wall combos in DOA too however. You just have to slam someone into the wall instead of launching them, and then do a combo. Especially on exploding walls, this is the way to go, since you get the wall bounce, then your combo, finishing into a wall splat, making them take wall damage twice and thus increasing your overall damage.

DR2K

That's why you should have wall combos. In most games, your wall combo makes use of the wall to get additional damage. In DOA, your wall combo is about avoiding moves that slam into the wall prematurely. You can do wall combos in DOA too however. You just have to slam someone into the wall instead of launching them, and then do a combo. Especially on exploding walls, this is the way to go, since you get the wall bounce, then your combo, finishing into a wall splat, making them take wall damage twice and thus increasing your overall damage.

The spacing is ambiguious in a lot of cases, you basically have to assume either to continue your combo as normal or nerf it for the wall.

Why do some CBs slam into a wall and others don't btw?

Why are there instances where the wall is working against the offender at all?

Tokkosho

Why do some CBs slam into a wall and others don't btw?
the CB will slam them into the wall if they try to counter. even if they get it wrong, it will wall hit..... which i find incredibly ridiculous as it messes up your possible PB or juggle in general cause you get a surprise wall hit

Lei

there are wallsafe juggles for this reason if you can't work it into your game it's your fault not the games. It doesn't ruin anything.

U_C_A_F

it must be character specific because eliot gets full juggles off some of his launchers that work right next to a wall.. his 236h+p and instant 3p launchers don't wall hit and he can can finish his full juggles while throwing in multi instant 3ps' without being interrputed until the last hit connects off his his ppp/6ppp/3ppp/k/46p juggle enders

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Each attack has a set knockback value in meters from the wall. Landing an attack will send the opponent to a wall if the opponent's back is within that distance to a wall.

I don't understand why you're confused by this as it's been a mechanic since Dead or Alive 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD