Open Wiki Issues

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The wiki is often pushed by several users and Matt, where a collection of frame data and biographies can be found for each character for each game. My problem with the Wiki is using the wiki. I don't know how, and there is no tutorial I can find to make it easier while doing edits.

I went to edit Nyotengu frame data and my brain almost exploded. Strange codes I've never seen before in my life. This also makes every character page look different from the last in page structure.

The wiki information links do not work. These information links include FAQs and Tutorials that would probably be very beneficial to anyone confused.

I think if we are expected to utilize this tool, we should have some tutorials or more linear paths.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So Nyotengu's data actually is simpler than the other characters who are done/have progress. This is because she has less known information.

So in simple terms.

You have what's called a 'template' in the wiki.

A template is a reference to a pre-defined script of HTML code to allow for consistent format across all pages.

Each template has variables or parameters that based on those variables will change how the template is displayed. These parameters are listed in between the template tags that they are used in, with pipes ( | )separating the parameters. You'll see if a parameter that's required is currently missing a value as it's displayed in {{{ }}} when rendered on the wiki page. When creating the templates I had to create various parameters and how to allow for them to be customizable. I'm still looking into a way to make the tables sortable like the old frame data templates.

So for example, let's take the attack frame data.

You would start off by declaring the top header row of the table:
Code:
[template=doa5fd-start][/template]

This template is itself made to be universal, it's declaring that you are starting a doa5 frame data table. There are two parameters for this template.

Code:
[template=doa5fd-start]PROPERTY=Attack | COLSPAN=6[/template]

The PROPERTY parameter is what appears in the column header to designate what will be listed, in our example it would be 'Attacks'.

The COLSPAN property is the table row's number of columns it will cover. Since we are doing Attacks, it would require 6 columns in the default template.

So, we have a template that is 'starting' the table. But we have no rows yet, and we have no end being called. Let's just save ourselves some trouble by adding the end of the table to the code. Hint: It's the same thing as doa5fd-start except it's now end instead.

Code:
[template=doa5fd-end]PROPERTY=Attack | COLSPAN=6[/template]

Now, let's move onto the inner guts of this table, the attack rows, which have a slew of parameters each affecting others and the display of the row on the wiki. Since we're doing attacks, we want to use the attack row.

Code:
[template=doa5fdstrike-row][/template]
[template=doa5fd-end]PROPERTY=Attack | COLSPAN=6[/template]

That's where it will be so we just have to fill out the parameters for that specific attack. Which include the following:
  • NAME - The name of the attack (Jab)
  • CMD - The input required to perform the attack (:P:)
  • IMG - If there's an image attachment to display the move, enter the attachment ID
  • LEVEL - The Hit level or the level to hold the attack (:high::P:)
  • DAMAGE - the Damage of the attack at 100% revision (13)
  • EXECUTION - The frame count of the attack; initial(active)recovery (13(2)14)
  • DELAY - the amount of delay allowed to followup the child string attacks and the frames that are in the window (14 (16~29F)
  • REACH - The maximum reach of the attack. (1.30m)
  • TRACK - 0 if doesn't track, 1 if tracks
  • GUARD - the (dis)advantage on guard (-2)
    • If an attack would be a guard break, add another parameter GB=1 to incase the GUARD in the guard break notifier (GB=1 would make GUARD display as Gb(-2))
  • NH - the (dis)advantage on normal hit (0)
    • If normal hit will put someone in critical stun then add another parameter for Critical Normal HIt, or CNH=1 (CNH=1 would make NH display Cr(0))
  • CH - the (dis)advanage on counter hit (1)
    • If counter hit will put someone in critical stun then add another parameter for Critical Counter Hit, or CCH=1 (CCH=1 would make CH display as Cr(1))
  • HCH - the (dis)advantage on hi-counter hit (27~35)
    • If hi-counter hit will put someone in critical stun then add another parameter for Critical Hi-Counter Hit, or CHCH=1 (CHCH=1 would make HCH displays as Cr(27~35))
  • BH - the (dis)advantage on back hit (7~10)
    • If back hit will put someone in critical stun then add another parameter for Critical Back Hit, or CBH=1 (CBH=1 would make BH display as Cr(7~10))
  • WALL - If the attack uses the environment such as causing a wall or ceiling hit, set WALL=1
  • NOTES - General notes for other information.
Code:
[template=doa5fdstrike-row]NAME=Jab
| CMD=:P:
| IMG=
| LEVEL=:high::P:
| DAMAGE=13
| EXECUTION=13(2)14
| DELAY=14 (16~29F)
| REACH=1.30m
| TRACK=0
| GUARD=-2
| NH=0
| CH=1
| HCH=27~35
| CHCH=1
| BH=7~10
| CBH=1
| WALL=
| NOTES= Damage was 12 in DOA5; Delay was 16~26F in DOA5; [/template]

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Keep in mind I didn't design the Wiki functionality. It was designed by Jaxel who has stopped providing updates. THere's a lot I just don't know about with wiki functionality and setting up templates.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD