Would Nintendo have DOA on Wii U or NX?

Sonicfan11589

Hope you guys don't mind me making a thread about this. If the title for whatever reason doesn't fit, I will try to change it unless the mods want to.

Is there any possibility of seeing Dead or Alive whether it's DOA5LR or DOA6 (it's inevitable at this point with sales, popularity and the cliffhanger ending of story mode) to appear on Wii U or the NX? I know we had DOA: Dimensions on 3DS, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge first appearing on Wii U.

Thoughts?

HajinMonSect

You probably posted this in the wrong section but what do I know.

As for the topic, yes it's possible. Team Ninja/Tecmo has a good relationship with Nintendo and are releasing games for their console with the most recent one being Fatal Frame, which has Ayane in it playable.

MeadowSpirit

Hope you guys don't mind me making a thread about this. If the title for whatever reason doesn't fit, I will try to change it unless the mods want to.

Is there any possibility of seeing Dead or Alive whether it's DOA5LR or DOA6 (it's inevitable at this point with sales, popularity and the cliffhanger ending of story mode) to appear on Wii U or the NX? I know we had DOA: Dimensions on 3DS, and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge first appearing on Wii U.

Thoughts?
Despite any good relationship with Nintendo, I seriously doubt this will happen. The Wii U is a flop and already on it's death bed, so 3rd party ports in general are not going to be plentiful; it's not very powerful, so it might not be a simple port; TTT2 doesn't seem to have done well on Wii U, indicating a lack of interest in fighting games by owners (don't mention Smash Bros., which is an apples/oranges thing). Even with the NX (whatever that is) I tend to doubt it. The demographics of Nintendo console owners are much younger and often more casual.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Its possible but I don't see nintendo putting something like doa on a kid friendly console.

since bayonetta 2 was on the wiiu anything is possible.

TLEE SAID THIS:

As an exclusive, I'm sure Nintendo would maybe with open arms, but I'm sure it wouldn't be the most intelligent business move for KT considering most of the fanbase are on the Xbox or PlayStation. Tekken Tag 2 had exclusive features on the Wii U, but I'm pretty sure it was the version that sold the least.

TOBMAST3R

Well, it is possible that NX could get a version of DOA5, but I doubt that many people would move to it, because the big masses play the game since years on PS/Xbox and a lot of gamers would miss their already bought DLC which could not be swapped over.

I see too many problems here. The best version was, to bring a final version "DOA5 ULTRA COMPLETE EDITION" +extra content, for example. I guess, this could be the only thing, DoA5 owners could get caught by that fishnet.

KwonJigglypuff

I would love to see the DOA serie coming on NX. But this is only a personal opinion. Nintendo made my education and basically the only reason I own a PS4 is for DOA. But the Wii was so disappoiting in terms of games that I stopped there.

Rumours say that the NX is very powerful, so depending on the sales (and on the concept of the console obviously) I could see it happening.

Nintendo costumes *_*

Lulu

If this happens then you will never catch me anywhere near the Xbox One or PS4 since DoA is my only incentive for getting those machines.

I like the Wii U..... I want one. :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LoL...... Dat HD Edition !!! Haha !
It sounds lazy, but if DOA5 can't be ported, then I think it could work:) The graphics and jagged would be smoothed out, the stages and life bars would be larger, and they could use the 3ds online structure to get matches quickly.

Lulu

It sounds lazy, but if DOA5 can't be ported, then I think it could work:) The graphics and jagged would be smoothed out, the stages and life bars would be larger, and they could use the 3ds online structure to get matches quickly.

LoL.... no ! I'm sorry but I can't hear anymore.

Now I'm contemplating getting a PS4 Again..... :(

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I think that DOA should be on every console if possible. I hate the idea of exclusive games to the fighting game community. I don't like the PS4, I won't get into why -- but overall it's the most overrated piece of shit on the market. It makes me cringe to think DOA6 would ever be exclusive to the PS4.

That being said, I don't judge people based off the system they choose. I think it should be on every platform to raise the awareness of our game. I've always wanted to see reactions to people playing DOA on a Nintendo console, and as successful as DOAD was on the 3DS -- I'm surprised there is no port of DOA5. Especially since that reglossed turd of vanilla NG3 was ported over to the Wii U. More people would have bought DOA5 because most know the game is fucking good.

I hope to see DOA6 on NX.

Sonicfan11589

I think that DOA should be on every console if possible. I hate the idea of exclusive games to the fighting game community. I don't like the PS4, I won't get into why -- but overall it's the most overrated piece of shit on the market. It makes me cringe to think DOA6 would ever be exclusive to the PS4.

That being said, I don't judge people based off the system they choose. I think it should be on every platform to raise the awareness of our game. I've always wanted to see reactions to people playing DOA on a Nintendo console, and as successful as DOAD was on the 3DS -- I'm surprised there is no port of DOA5. Especially since that reglossed turd of vanilla NG3 was ported over to the Wii U. More people would have bought DOA5 because most know the game is fucking good.

I agree with you fully. I own a PS4 for my own reasons but coming from the Xbox Brand, I learned, "To each their own" I never judge a person if they are more interested in sticking to one brand of console over another, but i wish they stop saying which is superior, you know, the fanboy stuff. Learn to respect others, and I having PS4 and Street Fighter 5 being exclusive to PS4 and PC, I DO feel bad for the Xbox people, I would be glad if Street Fighter 5 came to xbox as well, "The more, the merrier", I'm glad when a game goes multiplatform, more players will get to experience and enjoy the series. Like with Square Enix is doing with Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Sonicfan11589

Also I heard the new Fatal Frame used some character models from DOA5 for the characters in Fatal Frame.

MeadowSpirit

I wish FSD had an ignore button for people like you. If PS4 isn't your cup of tea, that's fine, but anyone who can all it an "overrated piece of shit" is a complete idiot. Get your fucking head checked.

And DOA5 isn't on Wii U because it's the wrong market. TTT2 tested the waters and failed miserably. NX will be another young-audience Mario machine and hence a poor platform for fighting games, too.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
TTT2 didn't test shit. I own it. It was a straight port, but some people still claim it was better than the console 360 and PS3 versions (which are also lame games :eek:). It's an overrated piece of shit, and now you're trying to force me to explain myself:

Yey, Uncharted collection -- God of War 3 and The Last of Us as their big games. What do they all have in common? They make Sony hypocrites for saying they made the PS4 for new games. Yet PS+ has the download speed of a PS3, the connection of a PS2 online and the most repulsive home that nobody wanted. How that system is popular is beyond me. You're Nintendo comments are so basic and trite you were better off linking me to a comments page from Kotaku or Polygon.

Didn't think some trolly comments on a silly machine would hurt someone that bad but I guess you made the cut on that. :)

MeadowSpirit

I'm not forcing you to explain anything. I am calling you out as yet another internet idiot engaging in hyperbole to sell your own opinion.

The PS4 is popular because many people (including myself) happen to think it's a better gaming platform than the others. Simple as that. I play Uncharted, Rocket League, Resogun, Dead Nation, Until Dawn, Disgaea, and the multiplatform games and I am satisfied. I have no problems with the network or speed.

It means nothing that you bought TTT2 for Wii U. It still sold poorly, along with ZombiU, Bayonetta 2, and a lot of other less casual-friendly games. So call my comments "trite" all you want; they're still true.

And I am not "hurt" by your stupid comments. As I said before, I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't like the PS4. Personal preference will always be a factor. But I really hate it when fools exaggerate the flaws and ignore the strengths of something to justify their dislike. So get your head out of your ass and get some perspective.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not forcing you to explain anything. I am calling you out as yet another internet idiot engaging in hyperbole to sell your own opinion.

The PS4 is popular because many people (including myself) happen to think it's a better gaming platform than the others. Simple as that. I play Uncharted, Rocket League, Resogun, Dead Nation, Until Dawn, Disgaea, and the multiplatform games and I am satisfied. I have no problems with the network or speed.

It means nothing that you bought TTT2 for Wii U. It still sold poorly, along with ZombiU, Bayonetta 2, and a lot of other less casual-friendly games. So call my comments "trite" all you want; they're still true.

And I am not "hurt" by your stupid comments. As I said before, I don't care if you or anyone else doesn't like the PS4. Personal preference will always be a factor. But I really hate it when fools exaggerate the flaws and ignore the strengths of something to justify their dislike. So get your head out of your ass and get some perspective.

The PS4 is popular because it sells in Japan as well... you say you don't have problems with the network speeds, but yet the PS4 community throws up a petition claiming that PSN needs to be upgraded completely. Bayonetta 2 sold poorly because it is on the Wii U... a system that isn't cared for, but at least has games unlike the PS4. If you want a PS4 now you get remakes and indie games. Bleck.

I find it ironic that you want to hit the ignore button on me, but you are the one calling me all of these offensive names. Seriously, it's just an opinion and an educated one at that. You're just mad not everyone is on their knees for Sony because you like it. Take care good sir.

Well considering the fact that Nintendo of America removed the somewhat risque costumes from Fatal Frame 5, I can't see them releasing any future DoA titles on any Nintendo console without it being highly censored.
fatal_frame_costumes_japan.0.jpg
Fatal_Frame_Maiden_of_Black_Water_Costume_01.jpg
fatal-frame-1.jpg fatal-frame-2.jpg fatal-frame-3.jpg fatal-frame-4.jpg fatal-frame-wii-u-09-26-14-1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD