65-75% Online PC Players maining Honoka?

extravagant

I don't get what the appeal is with Honoka. Even Marie Rose is more original and interesting imo, but I've been playing ranked matches back to back for the last week or so, and all I've been fighting are Honoka players. What's up with that? Is she really that popular or something, or possibly is she a really good character and I'm missing out on using a really strong character? Just curious really, haha. Today I ran into 5 different Honoka players and each of those players wanted to rematch me 2-3 times so in essence I had like 15 or 18 fights against Honoka. It was strange.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Most of the players you actually want to match up against are sleeping on DOA6 PC at the moment waiting for the lobbies we were denied in the last game. I will be practicing with Hitomi all week late at night though, and I've seen a NiCO and Hayabusa floating around tonight so. It's not ALL Honoka but of the 6 matches (Plus rematches) I did tonight 3 were Honoka lmfao

extravagant

Is it the weab/animu appeal? I honestly like the more serious classic DoA females like Kasumi, Lei Fang, Hitomi, Ayane, I'm not too into the super otaku/nerd characters like Honoka. Marie Rose is more interesting, but still in that category. I hope Team Ninja stops here and starts making more interesting male characters though.

It's not ALL Honoka but of the 6 matches (Plus rematches) I did tonight 3 were Honoka lmfao

Lol this.....

Anyways, I met a really good Hitomi player tonight though. There's some really good players but they're hard to find.

candynarwhal

The ones you see the most of are Honoka, Marie and NiCO, in that order, for sure - but I feel like I've fought pretty much every female character, at least. Except for Leifang, for some reason. :rolleyes:

As the male characters go, I've really only seen Busa and Hayate being played with any sort of frequency.

If you've seen anyone calling themselves "JUICY LOLITA" on PC, by the way, that's me. :eek:

extravagant

Will be bound to run into at some point! The community is still small on PC I think. Right now, online play is only ranked matches right? I havent seen an option for a lobby or casual matches anywhere.

Macca Beam

obviously people main honkers because there are two big reasons to do so

Kasumi, Lei Fang, Hitomi, Ayane
also you listed two big titted schoolgirl kunoichi, a bouncy lovestruck schoolgirl, and a SECOND one who goes around making animal poses (and people say marie rose is the straw breaking the camel's back, top kek). that's plenty otaku pandering to me

d3v

so you listed two big titted schoolgirl kunoichi, a bouncy lovestruck schoolgirl, and a SECOND one who goes around making animal poses (and people say marie rose is the straw breaking the camel's back, top kek). that's plenty otaku pandering to me
Maybe the OP doesn't like short girls.

Strangerinmytub

Most common female characters I've seen on PC are: Honoka, Helena, Hitomi (tired of seeing this bitch), Nyotengu, and Kasumi.
Most common males I've seen are: Rig, Hayate, and Bass.

P2p1mbs

In PS4, most of the players I've faced were either Honoka, Hitomi or Kokoro. I've seen the occasional Marie and Kasumi as well but not as frequently.

I've also only ever run into 2 players using a male character (Bayman and Raidou).

Mayor-Of-Mustard

im ps4 and i've faced mostly ninjas, tina, nico, bayman, brad wong, the occasional marie rose but i havent been playing all that much. ive never fought a honoka in my cream puff lol

fought a helena for the first time yesterday and it was a good match i won 3-0 but they still had good combos

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I don't get what the appeal is with Honoka.

It isn't like I'm Honoka player but I can understand why she's interesting even outside her design. As Virtua Fighter player I always wanted to play with Dural in tournaments and Honoka is pretty much a balanced Dural.

The concept is way more interesting than "mimics" in Namco games, which is just random styles per round/match or limited to genres.

She's is a fun character to play if you like to have "a bit of everything".

AyanamiReign

Her design definitely appeals to the Core Values side of the fanbase.
I actually didn't like how Honoka looked when she was released in LR but then I played her for a bit and loved having access to all these different stances and moves, even if she lacks range and isn't top tier. The HNK stance flames and air throw are even cooler in 6. On the flip side I really liked how Nyotengu looked but not how she played lol.

SaihateDYNAMO

damn now I’m gonna feel bad every time I use her in ranked lmao... I’m on PS4 and I see more HITOMI than anyone else.

honoka is probably popular because literaly everything about her is the default anime schoolgirl template. any other doa girl could be considered “weeb bait” without a doubt but Marie, NiCO, and Honoka were designed to pander to THAT crowd way more.

Last edited:

prototypetom

Was always happy to see a Honoka while i was focusing on my wins trophy. good match up for me and i would guess a proportion of players were focusing on other (bouncy) things given how she was being played quite often.
Bit dull to face now I'm looking for fun fights and players I can learn more from.

Hitomi is the one I see most, but its a match up i quite enjoy. So thats cool.

(PS4)

P2p1mbs

One of the benefits to being a rare Tina player is that people I play against are clearly unfamiliar with how to fight against her and keep doing things that benefit me like forgetting Tina has a while running throw or that she can do her Giant Swing throw while face-down-head-towards her opponent :p. Some of the better players I've faced have been able to counter such moves but its rather rare, especially her Giant Swing...

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
One of the benefits to being a rare Tina player is that people I play against are clearly unfamiliar with how to fight against her and keep doing things that benefit me like forgetting Tina has a while running throw or that she can do her Giant Swing throw while face-down-head-towards her opponent :p. Some of the better players I've faced have been able to counter such moves but its rather rare, especially her Giant Swing...
It always makes me smile and roll my eyes when I get a mirror match and the first thing they do when they're face down is try to giant swing tackle me lmao.

It usually stops immediately after the first Texas Explosion takes almost half their HP. Sometimes I get a stubborn one that thinks the no mix-up mix-up is viable on wakeup. Then they usually resort to mid-wakeup kicks which gets them 46H where I will test their experience level by going for her hard to avoid 66T to their backs. New Tinas will try to jab from BT religiously whether they initiated it or not.

I love Tina mirrors!

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I've only ever met 2 other Tina players online so far :(.
I run into quite a few on PS4 ^^ It's been a lot of fun. I can't wait to go up against one with Hitomi now that I'm starting to train with her. Ive always wanted to be on the Hitomi side of that matchup lmao

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD