65-75% Online PC Players maining Honoka?

candynarwhal

It always makes me smile and roll my eyes when I get a mirror match and the first thing they do when they're face down is try to giant swing tackle me lmao.

It usually stops immediately after the first Texas Explosion takes almost half their HP. Sometimes I get a stubborn one that thinks the no mix-up mix-up is viable on wakeup. Then they usually resort to mid-wakeup kicks which gets them 46H where I will test their experience level by going for her hard to avoid 66T to their backs. New Tinas will try to jab from BT religiously whether they initiated it or not.

I love Tina mirrors!
OT, but is there anything from 46H that is guaranteed? When I go for 6H+K into 2T, it works on most people because it covers the distance of a backdash, and it also seems to crush most strikes - but I've found it is blockable, at least in an online environment... [/hapless Tina main]

6H+K into 2T by itself isn't always guaranteed, either, but I think that's a balancing holdover from DOA5LR?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
OT, but is there anything from 46H that is guaranteed? When I go for 6H+K into 2T, it works on most people because it covers the distance of a backdash, and it also seems to crush most strikes - but I've found it is blockable, at least in an online environment... [/hapless Tina main]

6H+K into 2T by itself isn't always guaranteed, either, but I think that's a balancing holdover from DOA5LR?
Nothing is guaranteed after 46H.

You just have the advantage because they have to guess what you're going to do.

extravagant

obviously people main honkers because there are two big reasons to do so

also you listed two big titted schoolgirl kunoichi, a bouncy lovestruck schoolgirl, and a SECOND one who goes around making animal poses (and people say marie rose is the straw breaking the camel's back, top kek). that's plenty otaku pandering to me

Lol you kidding me bro.... there's a league of difference between what kind of character Kasumi vs Honoka is. Sure, Lei Fang and Hitomi have some cheesy moments, but they're not Honoka level "moe stuff." Would be a far misunderstood statement to say Kasumi or Ayane are acting like Honoka does. Haha, I'm not putting Honoka down, she's just like a parody character almost, it's like I log into Street Fighter and see people picking Dan 80% of the time. I'm sure her game play is fight style is unique though.

Macca Beam

oh don't get me wrong, they went way further with honoka than the rest. just throwing it out there that otaku appeal runs in the series' blood nonetheless. i don't mind if you said some not nice things since i personally also think honoka is a giant mess
- immediately stole the face of the previous popular character
- just the usual doa body template with more biggerer milkers
- playstyle is unique, but the fact that everyone else's animations were used to accomplish it... lmao
- feels hamfisted into the lore because all of a sudden
kasumi and ayane have another sister and raidou banged another woman?

NightAntilli

Hm... In my case there hasn't been one character that stands out more than the others. I can tell you who I've not fought against yet;
Christie
Mila
Bass
Zack
Eliot

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD