9/25 gamestop release date

Kasumi

There is a lot of AAA games in the last part of the year starting from October, for their own sake I hope they release it in September or delay it till January.

Asbel Lhant

It could be a placeholder Date. I don't recall TN making an official release date. Either way I pre ordered and I'm ready to play.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm sure Team NINJA could push it back as late as March 2013, because that's KT's financial end of the year.

HokutoNoBen

I would think it would be in their best interests to get it out around September. It gives DOA5 better breathing room from competition such as Tekken Tag Tournament 2, due around December, last I checked.

x Sypher x

I would think it would be in their best interests to get it out around September. It gives DOA5 better breathing room from competition such as Tekken Tag Tournament 2, due around December, last I checked.

Isn't that the point? To compete with other fighters? Lol

R3ddragon666

Yes this is true, but DOA has had a not so good rep and has been dismissed as a panty fighter with no good gameplay mechanics. It will get destroyed if it comes out the same month as Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as that game will sell boatloads.

x Sypher x

Yes this is true, but DOA has had a not so good rep and has been dismissed as a panty fighter with no good gameplay mechanics. It will get destroyed if it comes out the same month as Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as that game will sell boatloads.

Oh ok, makes sense since you put it that way.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If that's the case, then TN really needs to get out more and get some worldwide loketests for the latest build pronto for good exposure. Ain't no way I'm gonna watch this game lose to a standalone Tekken gameplay mode that should've been in Tekken 6 from the get-go.

HokutoNoBen

You DON'T want to necessarily compete in a way that would possibly endanger sales to your own product, either. That's why proper placement when you go to market can make all the difference, as well.

For example, Soulcalibur V benefited from being released both a) well after the Christmas Rush of 2011 and b) before SFxT came out. The product had adequate breathing room. If SCV was released anywhere closer to proximity of SFxT, the story would have likely been quite different.

R3ddragon666

If that's the case, then TN really needs to get out more and get some worldwide loketests for the latest build pronto for good exposure. Ain't no way I'm gonna watch this game lose to a standalone Tekken gameplay mode that should've been in Tekken 6 from the get-go.

I agree, this game is in desperate need of loketests so it can reach the masses and change peoples perception about the game. This is also why i wished the demo was free for everyone so those who were curious could try it out.

Cause to be honest Ninja gaiden has it's fanbase set in stone and those who don't like it are not going to play it.
Those who like fighters could have came across this demo or people who wanted to give DOA a second chance.
Loketests is there last shot to reach mass appeal.
Those who don't like the game will at least have played it instead of outright dismissing it.

DrDogg

And how many times have you played this game to determine that it's such a small addition it should've been in Tekken 6?

>_>

R3ddragon666

If he meant Tag 1 style of play then sure but Tag 2 has a bunch newly created mechanics.
People are bitching about the 1 V 1 feature though acting like as if Tekken was never a 1 V 1 game to begin with.
Anyways DOA needs to get out of it's bad reputation.

DrDogg

If he meant Tag 1 style of play then sure but Tag 2 has a bunch newly created mechanics.
People are bitching about the 1 V 1 feature though acting like as if Tekken was never a 1 V 1 game to begin with.
Anyways DOA needs to get out of it's bad reputation.

Um... TTT1 is very different from Tekken 3, just like TTT2 is very different from Tekken 6.

R3ddragon666

How is TTT1 all that different from T3? it practically plays like T3 but with a tag feature.
Unless you are counting the tag throws and other minor things thrown in.

DrDogg

How is TTT1 all that different from T3? it practically plays like T3 but with a tag feature.

- The tag mechanic itself completely changes how the game is played.
- Move properties are very different.
- Winning strategies are completely different.

There are a ridiculous number of differences, but I'm really not up for listing the differences between two 15 year old games.

x Sypher x

How many times do you have to repeat yourself? We all know this lol XD

DR2K

Hopefully they realize a holiday release is suicide for any fighter. TTT2 is the least of DOA5 worries.

R3ddragon666

- The tag mechanic itself completely changes how the game is played.
- Move properties are very different.
- Winning strategies are completely different.

There are a ridiculous number of differences, but I'm really not up for listing the differences between two 15 year old games.

Of course the way to win is different if one character is out then you lose the round you have to use your characters in a smart manner.
Other than the other things you listed which is valid the core gameplay still feels like Tekken 3 if you strip the netsu,tag throws,character specific team strategies etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD