Advance Tina Tactics (A.T.T)

Impact Finale

Tina is definitely different from my usual character choice (Faster Characters such as Ayane, Zack, Hitomi).
I noticed people rush me when I use her, but what gets them to back off is the amount of damage my grabs do. So i have almost mastered the art of grab baiting...however....in the long run this does not work in first to 5 matches.... because people adapt to my style.

I also see that it is difficult to stun with her... (not as easy as Hitomi or ayane)...

So the question i have is (And this is to high level Tina Players). What should I do to become a more dangerous Tina Player? Details and examples would be nice. Thanks

Impact Finale

It's replies like these that really push me away from posting on these sites. I just wish people would be so nice and would give detail or some tips based on their struggles. Thanks anyways dude.

RubinRoon

If you are playing Hitomi/ayane my guess is you are relying on lows much and play rather agressively? Tinas 1k isnt that great, just as 2kkk or 2kp. You cant really rely on lows with her (except 1p, wich might as well be a mid, since its main purpose is not being a low, but a fast, tracking, high crush) The way I play Tina is with patience, wait for the opportunity to high crush with 1p, low crush with 4k (use that move, its great), or use her 11f jab/ 13f mid if im at adv. Also 3(hold)p is 12 frame ch deep stun with a follow up.

6pp2k is good to get some breathing room, also gives you +1 if blocked. Throw every hold attempt at the start and you get free launchers later, i promise ^^

Also learn her oki game, like 2p+k>k on wake up jumps low wu kicks if done correctly. you can also just do 2p+k 46H to catch mid wu kicks. they will stop kicking after a while, cause if they hit their reward is tiny, but if you hit them your reward is brutal. 4p+k from her bt stance, is also amazing, since you can cancel it and catch them hold whiffing, or let them block it and be at +4.

Problem with tina is that there now is a lot of guessing involved in playing her. Your rewards for guessing correctly will always be great though.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, half of my gameplan is predicting a high and doing a 1P to crush it. The other part is blocking and either straight up throw punishing or making a read on what they like to do at frame disadvantage and doing something greedier.

PacManila

Besides using :3::6::4::H+P: to punish standing holds, practice punishing low holds with :3::3::H+P:>:2::H+P:. A lot of people like to recover from stuns and/or avoid Tina's MDT by low holding. Her special low throw will help discourage that, doing around 120dmg hi-counter.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD