After the Game

One Green Flag

Out of curiosity, is there anything you all do after you beat the story and don't feel like going online? Like create your own stories? Spend time in practice mode? Or just walk away from the game for a while? I feel the problem with fighters is that there is nothing else to do if you want to cool down from it. Every other genre has something to change the pace at least for a few moments, except for fighting games. Thoughts?

Xernuht

I try to run through combo challenges and occasionally command training for my mains on a semi-regular basis, both before and after any play session. At the very least, it keeps my BnBs fresh in my mind or helps me develop new ones, given my tendency to screw around with the combos the game gives me.

One Green Flag

That's real dedication! I should try to do command training with Momiji more at least. Call me new to the terminology but what is a BnB?

Xernuht

Bread and Butter. A basic combo that you can run at the drop of a hat. No style, pure efficiency.

One for Momiji would be :9::K::5::6::6::P::P::5::6::P::K::K::P:. Basic stun-launch-finisher combo.

JKT

Sometimes I watch videos of other high-level players. Both entertaining and educational, it gives me a boost in morale, especially when I have had a losing streak for a while, or just don't feel any self-improvement.

One Green Flag

I love that combo! That makes much more sense then Bed & Breakfast or Bath & beyond. Th

JKT: I never tried that. That could work for me, I usually learn the best tricks from losing to a more skilled player.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
There are times I hear voices say I did a job well done, or that I should treat myself when I do well after the game. They always keep me calm and relaxed, and sometimes I feel like I can do anything, even help others.

On the other hand, I often hear voices tell me that I should beat myself up, or even blast myself in the head. It annoys me to no end, and they never stop when I tell them to when I do poorly after the game. It's like I went to hell inside my mind, sometimes even venting my frustrations online.

So when that happens I try listening to music, watching anime, TV shows, or movies that I can always guarantee will make me feel great after watching them, or I concentrate on making custom loops of some of my favorite music (new hobby of mine). in the hopes I can drown out the noise. And on the occasion I'm playing late at night, I always listen to "Blue Fields" from Final Fantasy VIII to help me go to sleep after the game.

Then there's those expensive "role-playing" games. I've only played two with a mistress, but I never felt bad losing. A strange and soothing experience, those games are. I look forward to the day I come out winning.

So yeah, that sums me up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD