Against Ryus spamming teleports?

YoshioKST

Right so, I'm having a bit of difficulty against one of the more annoying Ryu strategies. If I so much as get knocked back once, they tend to start spamming his special stance whom where to go into the forward-leap move, the unsafe one, of the kick, teleport grab and others. Other than the grab, I tend to have a lot of trouble with this garbage, and my main method of dealing with them has been to switch to Hayate when the same opponent pops up with the intent to try and space it out.

I need to work on my spacing game, but specifically on Ryu's teleports and 'torpedo', what would you recommend?

Argentus

Well....here's the thing. Each of the things he can do from his teleport stance is easy enough to deal with on its own, bu the catch is that there's no way to tell WHICH thing he's going to do. I would argue that Ryu's teleport stance is the only truly "random" thing about the game, unless they are REALLY predictable.

BUT I have learned one thing. If you can time it correctly, Mila's Power Launcher knocks him out of most of his teleport options. Not even the "power" version, but the regular shoryuken she does.

Keep in mind that his "grab from above" teleport move will autotrack you no matter if you sidestep or move forward or back, he will follow you like a tetris block to land that. So instead, duck low. OTherwise, simply move to the side (NOT SIDESTEP).

Also, especially with Mila, you can often run at them and do her running kick or somersault. The former will usually catch them as they are in the stance animation, and knock them out of it before he actually poofs away, the latter can knock him out of the teleport itself sometimes.

the torpedo you can just mid punch hold.

But again, the hard part is the fact that there's little to no way to actually read WHICH thing is going to happen.

Anyways, Ryu's teleports have been a nightmare for me as well, but that's what I've figured out so far.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
At a range just free step him. All of his teleport attacks are very linear and if you just hold up or down to free step then you can dodge anything that teleports including the teleport throw. I personally only have issues with the throw because despite being in a crouching state I can never seem to get a low throw on him.

The non teleporting ones I just block unless he uses the 6K out of it in which case I mid kick hold on reaction, it's a slow enough attack you can do that. In the case he throws me, oh well, nobody uses the throw anyway.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I'd say freestepping is the safest option, though it can be difficult to do in time on loser range. Otherwise, you can also just stand there blocking while paying attention to which sound comes when he's teleporting. The throw has a very distinctive sound and it's easier just to press back/down on reaction when you hear that as instead of trying to hold.

If you have enough space, you can also just keep moving backwards once he's going into his "Nin!"-stance, which will make him landing in front of you if he teleports.

I personally only have issues with the throw because despite being in a crouching state I can never seem to get a low throw on him.

Getting the low throw when he misses his throw is indeed a bit tricky (especially online), as far as I experienced, you need to go for it very late in his landing animation.

Keep in mind that his "grab from above" teleport move will autotrack you no matter if you sidestep or move forward or back, he will follow you like a tetris block to land that.

That's not correct as far as I know. The throw will also miss if you keep moving backwards.

rximmortal

I suggest always consider the 3H+K option. Yes you probably get hited (1 Time) but you escape the big damage

Argentus

I'd say freestepping is the safest option, though it can be difficult to do in time on loser range. Otherwise, you can also just stand there blocking while paying attention to which sound comes when he's teleporting. The throw has a very distinctive sound and it's easier just to press back/down on reaction when you hear that as instead of trying to hold.

If you have enough space, you can also just keep moving backwards once he's going into his "Nin!"-stance, which will make him landing in front of you if he teleports.

Getting the low throw when he misses his throw is indeed a bit tricky (especially online), as far as I experienced, you need to go for it very late in his landing animation.

That's not correct as far as I know. The throw will also miss if you keep moving backwards.
i know at least, that, virtually every time, it turns and moves in midair to realign with me if I tried to sidestep or run forward (I tried to run under it to get behind him, but he'll slide backwards in midair to catch me)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If you're being Kasumi and you're floored backside up, her special wakeup move tends to work for me, but only with precise timing of course. :7::P: or rarely :9::P: sometimes evade and avoid it, but again, with proper timing. :P+K: is my main way of dealing with unwanted teleport spam.

jjinkou2

I didn't know about the teleport sound . That's because i usually play without any sound. I'll pay attention to this, next time i meet a teleport hayabusa.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD